TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrigidSoul

Fantasy ReMakes

Guest FrigidSoul

With the step up in technology what old games would you like to see this technology used on? Some Remakes I'd like to see would be

A Boy and his Blob

Master Blaster

SplatterHouse

I've been disappointed by almost every remake expect Tempest, so not sure I want any other old school games remade. If they did it right though Chakan or another Punchout would probably be my picks.

Remake the old school FF games! Like FF IV has a story just waiting to be told with modern day technology.

Guest Nacho Nixon

Captain Commando would be slick with some like Dynasty Warriors touches.

Something cool could probably be done with Snake Rattle N' Roll.

Guest FrigidSoul
Remake the old school FF games! Like FF IV has a story just waiting to be told with modern day technology.

I didn't want to be the one to tell you this buuuuut...there are other games outside of the Final Fantasy series...shocking, I know

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well lets see...

Nights - God this game needs a remake or a follow up of some sorts

Gunstar Heroes

Faxanadu (sp?)

Sweet Home

Skate or Die

Blades of Steel

Dynamite Heddy

A new punch out

Edited by Renegade

Um off the top of my head...

There was this old shooting game by Namco that involved driving with a steering wheel AND shooting with a gun. Like Time Crisis + Cruisin World or something. I dunno I'm just guessing two games. I think it was by namco? Anyone remember that? Well it looked cool.

There was this old shooting game by Namco that involved driving with a steering wheel AND shooting with a gun.  Like Time Crisis + Cruisin World or something.  I dunno I'm just guessing two games.  I think it was by namco?  Anyone remember that?  Well it looked cool.

Chase HQ II: Special Criminal Investigation is what I think your talking about. That game was made by Taito.

I didn't want to be the one to tell you this buuuuut...there are other games outside of the Final Fantasy series...shocking, I know

I had noticed that.

The shooting/driving game could be Lucky & Wild.

I'm content with the first two Striders myself--ditto about what they'd do in 3D.

Maybe not a remake, but a new and hopefully well done addition to the Streets of Rage series would be cool.

A new punch out

Yeah, I've been waiting for that for 2 console generations nearly.

Where the hell was my Punch Out 64? No word on a Gamecube Punch Out? Ready 2 Rumble did alright I think, and a cel-shaded Punch Out would work quite well in my opinion.

I'd like to see one of the SFIII games revamped for PS2 so we could play it with a better controller.

Sega is remaking SOR 1 now. It's going to be part of their Sega Ages 3D line of PS2 games. The other Sega Ages 3D games are really, really shitty so SOR remake is probably going to be a bad thing.

There was this old shooting game by Namco that involved driving with a steering wheel AND shooting with a gun.  Like Time Crisis + Cruisin World or something.  I dunno I'm just guessing two games.  I think it was by namco?  Anyone remember that?  Well it looked cool.

Chase HQ II: Special Criminal Investigation is what I think your talking about. That game was made by Taito.

Like Sakura said, he may be thinking of Lucky & Wild, which was indeed done by Namco. Large sitdown cabinet with a steering wheel and two guns that allowed two people to play at once (though, I believe, there also was an upright cab version of it). It was quite a neat game.

Edited by Cavi

Blades of Steel

Wasn't there one on the Playstation?

Also on the N64, but neither lived up to the NES version.

Also want to add Sunset Riders on the list.

Guest FrigidSoul

Will there ever be an X-Men game as good as the Arcade SideScroller? I'd love to see an updated home port of that...in fact down the line I plan on waiting for smaller local arcades to go out of bussiness round here so I can hopefully snatch it for about $500

Will there ever be an X-Men game as good as the Arcade SideScroller? I'd love to see an updated home port of that...in fact down the line I plan on waiting for smaller local arcades to go out of bussiness round here so I can hopefully snatch it for about $500

Although its a different genre Children of the atom owns the X-men beat em up in every way.

Sega is remaking SOR 1 now. It's going to be part of their Sega Ages 3D line of PS2 games. The other Sega Ages 3D games are really, really shitty so SOR remake is probably going to be a bad thing.

Damn. Ah well, Streets of Rage 1 wasn't really that good anyway. Still fun, but if you'd remake any I'd figure third one. Yeah, the second one is pretty much the best, but a remake of the third could fix some of the game's problems. SOR2 as it is basically is perfect (although the version on the Smash Pack's sound suffers).

and this is sad...but I can make it through all of SOR2 without losing a single life...i played it THAT much...

So can I. The game owns. The whole series is awesome. I use Blaze and Axel in them, plus Adam in part 1.

Guest Skironox

No Clash at Demonhead love? *sighs*.

I remember picking up that game when I was like 9 and the weeks I spent in the basement just trying to figure out how to beat the demon. Better than the Mega Man series, I think. Too bad Vic Tokai is out of business.