TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

Make it a Velocidential night

Guest ToddRoyal

So if you saw Austin wrestle a 5 minute match on heat and didn't know who he was you're saying you WOULDN'T think "he looks so boring. He'll never make it"?

Guest Choken One

No because even when he came in 1995 with his short blond buzzzcut he still had charisma...

American Dragon had none tonight...He is a great wrestler and can be a blast to watch but if he is just going to wear generic blue tights and look like a high school freshman...People won't think of him as anything more then that.

Spanky, is also small and pale but at least he makes up for by standing out and having charisma...

500 and 900.

But then again, he isn't a typical WWE "Super star." I guess you suck if you aren't WWE Superstar material and don't wrestle in front of 1000's.

Wonderful.

Tim

Guest Choken One
Man did Rikishi get fat.

I guess when they fixed his Eyes...He suddenly saw some more Taco Bell signs.

Guest ToddRoyal

Regarding American Dragon never getting over because he looks like a teenager, so did Bob Backlund, and he was over as the world champion for years.

It's not always what you bring, as much as how you're pushed regarding who gets over. Dragon can bring it in the ring, and I'd much rather watch him than someone like Nathan Jones who has a ton of charisma, and no talent to speak of.

Guest MikeSC
500 and 900.

But then again, he isn't a typical WWE "Super star." I guess you suck if you aren't WWE Superstar material and don't wrestle in front of 1000's.

Wonderful.

Tim

Nobody is saying Dragon lacks talent.

He does seem to lack charisma.

He didn't get a chance to demonstrate it --- but nothing about him stood out. Maybe he has something he hasn't been allowed to show :

But, as a casual fan, he looks like a run-of-the-mill jobber.

Hate to tell you, but just because a guy appeals to smarks at indy shows doesn't mean he'll appeal to a mainstream audience.

-=Mike

For the record, one clipped match where he is just supposed to be a jobber and not stand out so he goes out in generic tights is probably not the best way to judge whether or not a guy is talented.

Guest Choken One
Regarding American Dragon never getting over because he looks like a teenager, so did Bob Backlund, and he was over as the world champion for years.

It's not always what you bring, as much as how you're pushed regarding who gets over. Dragon can bring it in the ring, and I'd much rather watch him than someone like Nathan Jones who has a ton of charisma, and no talent to speak of.

We've established that he's a better wrestler, no arguement there.

I was just saying he completely and utterlly in that 5 minutes of air time was about as Charismatic as a barrel of Hay.

So I was saying, It's funny how people love this guy when he completely is devoid of Charisma and that clearly means he won't be going any where other then Indy Shows for 500 people for the next few years unless he can get some charisma and get a good look.

Guest Choken One

Not me...

Love how WWE tries to make it look like SOMETHING happens every year at Survivor Series...When it's nothing of the like.

Guest Choken One

Hey, I'm ALL for this match as it's a fucking awesome one but uh...Should't they have an old school Survivor Series match instead?

Just re-air the 1990 match where undertaker debuted...