TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rawmvp

Looking Ahead to Royal Rumble 2004

Guest rawmvp

At this rate, I see John Cena or Eddy Guerrero winning the Royal Rumble and challenging a heel Chris Benoit for the WWE World Title at WrestleMania. With Lesnar slated to wrestle Goldberg at 'Mania and with Angle having recurring neck problems, I truly believe Benoit will win the strap at the Rumble only to drop it to either Cena or Guerrero at WM.

I'd imagine we'll also be seeing:

Brock Lesnar vs. Chris Benoit - WWE Title (With Chris Benoit winnng, of course)

Goldberg vs. Kane - World Title (Kane might win, setting up Kane vs. Dead Man @ Mania)

Women's Title Match

Raw/SD Tag Title Match

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I see a face Jricho winning the Royal Rumble. Call me crazy, but he did come close last year.

Guest Besus

I read on a wwe news site in August that someone from Raw will win the Royal Rumble this time.

If someone from Smackdown win this time too then that would be so fucked up.

Guest rawmvp

If Randy Orton wins it, I will demand a refund from my cable subscriber. Same goes for Batista.

How alluring does Orton vs. HHH or Batista vs. HHH sound as the main event of WM XX?

At this rate, I see John Cena or Eddy Guerrero winning the Royal Rumble and challenging a heel Chris Benoit for the WWE World Title at WrestleMania. With Lesnar slated to wrestle Goldberg at 'Mania and with Angle having recurring neck problems, I truly believe Benoit will win the strap at the Rumble only to drop it to either Cena or Guerrero at WM.

I'd imagine we'll also be seeing:

Brock Lesnar vs. Chris Benoit - WWE Title (With Chris Benoit winnng, of course)

Goldberg vs. Kane - World Title (Kane might win, setting up Kane vs. Dead Man @ Mania)

Women's Title Match

Raw/SD Tag Title Match

It all depends on HHH.

If HHH doesn't get the belt back tomorrow, HHH will win the RR.

If HHH DOES win the belt back expect Randy Orton to win it in order to give him yet another rub...

Guest Anglesault
If Randy Orton wins it, I will demand a refund from my cable subscriber.

Orton must win it.

I mean, how can you deny the reactions he gets?

Guest Anglesault
If Randy Orton wins it, I will demand a refund from my cable subscriber.

Orton must win it.

I mean, how can you deny the reactions he gets?

Guest Besus

Orton Will win the Rumble,Wooo.

I hope and Then win the world title.

Wont it be so great if Randy Orton win the world title at wrestlemania?

Guest Anglesault
Orton Will win the Rumble,Wooo.

I hope and Then win the world title.

Wont it be so great if Randy Orton win the world title at wrestlemania?

And then watch the company go under in April.

Yeah, that would be good.

Guest Anglesault
The Company survived Nash and Sid in 1995...They can survive Orton.

Shut up.

I'm actually hoping they give Orton the belt in like 3 years, as they continue his push despite absolutely no one wanting it.

This way, the WWE rapidly loses money to the point where it really does go under with Orton as champion of record.

Guest Choken One

Or they can just hire Jeff Jarrett and he can sink the company like he did for WCW.

Benoit needs to win. If Angle's out, Brock can't fight himself. If Angle's not out, Brock can't keep fighting Angle anyway. The last time someone was pushed up in a RR was Austin in 98, so it's long past due. Benoit's the only thing that makes sense.

So the winner will be......

Zach Gowen.

Guest Ray

I smell an Undertaker win, because he's never won it. I can see Vince giving it to 'Taker for his loyalty over the years, and because he's nearing the end of his career.

I doubt they'll have Lesnar win again. As much as I love Benoit and Guerrero, I can't see them winning ANYTHING big in WWE. Angle? Maybe. If Triple H loses to Goldberg at SSeries, there's a possibility of him winning the Rumble.

My money's on Taker.

Isn't it refreshing to see that you can make a case for why a ton of different guys can win the thing? I know the Rumble is still more than 2 months away, but I can remember past years where the winner would be painfully obvious well in advance.

Guest Choken One

If I were booking this...I'd keep the title on Lesnar going to Mania and Have Benoit FINALLY win the title at Mania. They have already started the angle...Just keep them away from each other until WMXX comes around. Benoit doesn't HAVE to win the rumble...

However, for some reason Vince wants HIS creation 'Lesnar' to go over Goldberg (Turner's creation) at Mania. However, Goldberg has Creative Control and I can either see that Goldberg says no...OR Vince Waives a extenstion with some more dollas and Goldberg agrees to Lay down and WWE treats him like he's a normal person.

But if WWE is hell bent on getting Orton in the Mania WORLD title main event, Orton will have to win it for ANYONE to buy it at all.

I still don't know how much longer HHH's legs can hold up, Which is a advantage for him to be doing Movies...He can rest his legs.

I'm sure WWE will have Jericho/RVD (or Booker) on reserve (not like it's the REAL main event anyways)

Guest Choken One
Isn't it refreshing to see that you can make a case for why a ton of different guys can win the thing?  I know the Rumble is still more than 2 months away, but I can remember past years where the winner would be painfully obvious well in advance.

It's Only November right now...

At this point last year, We were expecting ANGLE to win the rumble since we didn't think Lesnar would have to drop his title to TBS at Series like he did. The idea was for a Face Angle to go over the long reign heel monster but with Lesnar's Injury they had to change that plan...and I guess in the end, it worked out for the better since WWE would have been screwed with Angle's neck injury...Unless they Kept the title on Lesnar and had McMahon/Hogan as the Main event (remember only HHH can walk out Mania as a heel and win the Main Event).

Most years even around rumble time...There is 2-3 people buzzing about as Potential/Likely winners.

Last Year, Lesnar was a given and with a outside long shot for Jericho to win.

But with the exception of 93, 95, 96, 98, 99, 02 and 03...Most rumble have a handfull of favorites.

But with the exception of 93, 95, 96, 98, 99, 02 and 03...Most rumble have a handfull of favorites.

At the very least, 2000 was either Rock or Big Show (with everyone predicting Rock would eventually have the title shot) and everyone and their mother picked either Rock or Austin in 2001, with the other one winning the WWF title at No Way Out.

1991 was a given, especially after Warrior lost the title to Slaughter, that Hogan would win.

So that's three more with a narrowed field to about two. Most Rumbles ARE predictible - 10 out of 16 (at the very least) had fields of possible winners at 2 or less.

Jason

Edit: The case could also be made that it was either Perfect or Hogan in 1990, which would make it 11/16.

Guest Anglesault

Looking at then list of choices, I say absolute worst case scenario has Orton winning it. And hopefully, the odds aren't in his favor.

Guest Choken One

At the very least, 2000 was either Rock or Big Show (with everyone predicting Rock would eventually have the title shot) and everyone and their mother picked either Rock or Austin in 2001, with the other one winning the WWF title at No Way Out.

1991 was a given, especially after Warrior lost the title to Slaughter, that Hogan would win.

So that's three more with a narrowed field to about two. Most Rumbles ARE predictible - 10 out of 16 (at the very least) had fields of possible winners at 2 or less.

Jason

Edit: The case could also be made that it was either Perfect or Hogan in 1990, which would make it 11/16.

Before 1992, The title or a Title Shot was never up for grabs so it wasn't out of the question that a surprise could come about (I.E 1989 with Studd, when everyone pegged Hogan, Savage, DiBiase and others).

1990? Hogan, Warrior, Perfect, DiBiase were all favorites

1991...True it was all Hogan although going into it...There was some Savage Sentiments...with the Warrior angle and all.

I'm talking from a " Quasi-Mark" standpoint....where obviously Warlord wasn't winning the 91 rumble but there were arguements.

2001...They sold everyone pretty equally and they actually made for about the Illusion of about 5 legit contenders( Austin, Rock, Kane, UT, Rikishi)