TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

America's Most Wanted...

Guest Joe

I used to be a HUGE America's Most Wanted fan...Seriously, I used to be all about Storm and Harris...They were easily the best team in the world and really got me back into tag team wrestling...

But over the past few months, I've realized something...I hate the way they're booked...To the point where I'm actually starting to dislike AMW...

They're basically the Jeff Jarrett's of TNA's tag division...As in, they're the go to team that always ends up as the champions after a short title reign by some other team...Just look at it so far, AMW held the belts, then the New Church, then AMW, then Triple X, then AMW, and now Diamond and Swinger...But who's going to beat Diamond and Swinger for the belts? I'd be shocked if it were any team other then AMW...And the booking makes that so obvious, it's like we're just waiting for Storm and Harris to win the belts again...It's incredibly boring and making me wish that Storm and Harris would be broken up and sent away from the tag division...

Agreed 100%. They've been booked almost as redundant as Triple Hulk Jarrett has to the point where it's like "wow, AMW are champions, and they're going to work the formulaic tag match...**yawn**...next!"

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Agreed 100%. They've been booked almost as redundant as Triple Hulk Jarrett has to the point where it's like "wow, AMW are champions, and they're going to work the formulaic tag match...**yawn**...next!"

Add AMW to your fuck list.

OMG Jeff Jarrett has clearly used his flesh morphing vinyl clothes to change into America's Most Wanted and dominate the tag division! FUCK JARRETT!

On a serious note, I dont see the problem, they're the top babyface tag team, tag teams are hard to come by, new heel foes get built up every few months, win the belts and eventually are defeated until the new foes come along. Thats wrestling, what's the problem?

Guest Joe

That's "Boring Booking 101"...It's so basic, it's annoying...

What's the point of AMW ever losing the belts if they're just going to win them back in a few months? It's a total waste of time and talent frankly, since as I said earlier, I actually do (or did) like AMW...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
That's "Boring Booking 101"...It's so basic, it's annoying...

What's the point of AMW ever losing the belts if they're just going to win them back in a few months? It's a total waste of time and talent frankly, since as I said earlier, I actually do (or did) like AMW...

I agree with losing the titles and winning em back but that was basiclaly how territories worked back in the day. The new, hot heel beats up champion, but champion prevails and awaits the next.

But AMW suck because THEY HAVE THE BALLS to complain about the booking.

When Vince McMahon thinks you suck because of your hick accent, then your doomed.

Guest JacK

Yeah, it gets pretty obvious that AMW are eventually going to win the belts back, which is why they need a second face team like, say, 2 Live Krew to win the Tag Team belts, keeping AMW away from them, at least for a time.

Just yesterday I was looking through the NWA history and it turns out that this goes back much farther than this.

Apparently, back in the day, they used to do this all the time! In fact I found references to guys named Race, Thesz and Flair where they constantly won the title back after dropping it.

Clearly this is Jarretts fault.

Guest TDinDC1112

Yeah, there should be title limits like there are term limits in politics, right? You get the title once, and then that's it. That way, every one in the promotion gets a title reign. Screw Wrestling 101 and the simple booking philosophies that have worked for 80 years.

Guest TDinDC1112
The lack of business knowledge and the impatience of wrestling fans now a days scares me.

exactly

Guest MikeSC
Yeah, there should be title limits like there are term limits in politics, right? You get the title once, and then that's it. That way, every one in the promotion gets a title reign. Screw Wrestling 101 and the simple booking philosophies that have worked for 80 years.

Perhaps if AMW was a better team, it'd be less of an issue.

They have become the Eliminators of TNA --- a team so obscenely overrated it borders on comedy.

-=Mike

Guest TDinDC1112

AMW is the best team in wrestling, and is considered to be by more than just people on message boards.

They are sloppy as hell, rarely have good matches, and are incapable of working a good babyface hot tag. The Briscoes, The Backseat Boys, the Dudleys, Spanky/London, The Bashams, the FBI, Kidman/Rey, Los Guerreros, WGTT, Jacobs and Shelley, Tumeric Storm, Tanaka/Ohtani, and NUMEROUS other teams are worlds better.

Guest MikeSC
AMW is the best team in wrestling, and is considered to be by more than just people on message boards.

The BASHAMS are better. Heck, the Duds are better. Lodon & Spanky are better. Benjamin & Haas are better. Diamond & Swinger are better. Akira & Sakoda (or whatever the heck their names are) are better. The FBI is better.

AMW is a middling tag team. Heck, if not for Ekmo & Siaki, they would have been the worst team in last week's opener.

-=Mike

Guest OSIcon

AMW has the potential to be a really good team. They aren't close right now though.

They have some of the attributes down. They have a good babyface personality, show good fire, and show tendencies of knowing how to wrestle as a good babyface team. Of course, they are also unpolished, don't have a clue on hot tags (as was already said), and generally wrestle very similiar matches (start with a brawl, wrestle for a few minutes before the match breaks down and you break out the false finishes/interference).

The unpolished thing should eventually take care of itself. I wouldn't say they are sloppy as hell but they are far from crips. The other things need to be worked on. In their year as a team, I have yet to see them really take steps to improve in some of the areas they are lacking in.

This whole "politics" thing is amussing. All it is really is a reflection of how a lot of people think these days. Once something/someone becomes big or popular people all of a sudden get sick of seeing them.

I'm tired of AMW too, but just be glad Chris Harris isn't still smoking a cigarette while James Storm calls him "buckaroo" until Harris tells Storm to stop the Cowboy gimmick. Those segments were HORRIBLE.

Guest TDinDC1112

Wow. I had no idea so many people hated them. I like their matches every week, I read Meltzer saying how great their matches are, and I assumed everyone else fealt the same way. I'm going to start watching them more closely.

It's not so much that they're THAT bad, it's just that they're bland, and have wrestled the same exact match for the past year and a half. I don't mind popping in a tape and watching a solid old-school match, but that's when it was old-school wrestlers. Honestly, the only style of wrestling I feel hasn't evolved much at all is tag wrestling. Heels beat up face, face gets hot tag, faces win after outsmarting and outwrestling the heels.

Guest MikeSC
It's not so much that they're THAT bad, it's just that they're bland, and have wrestled the same exact match for the past year and a half. I don't mind popping in a tape and watching a solid old-school match, but that's when it was old-school wrestlers. Honestly, the only style of wrestling I feel hasn't evolved much at all is tag wrestling. Heels beat up face, face gets hot tag, faces win after outsmarting and outwrestling the heels.

Honestly, if they were on TV as much as the Dudleys are, they'd be as bashed.

-=Mike

Guest dvkorn

Love em or hate em... The AMW/New Church feud was excellent... behind Styles/Lynn my feud of 2002... even though the blowoff wasn't until the 1st show in 2003...

Let's all reminise about that feud and stop the hate.... There we go...

The BASHAMS are better. Heck, the Duds are better. Lodon & Spanky are better. Benjamin & Haas are better. Diamond & Swinger are better. Akira & Sakoda (or whatever the heck their names are) are better. The FBI is better

Christ almighty, if you are refering to the FBI team of Palumbo and Stamboli, you must be joking. Hell, I can't think of an FBI match I'd rate over **. And the only thing the Duds are better at nowadays is wearing camoflage and sucking up the ring.