TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

America's Most Wanted...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Doesn't the crowd like to chant Kill the Cowboy(s)? I remember a 4-team elimination match and they were getting tons of boos than I'm use to hearing. I think they were fighting Abyss when the chants started.

Doesn't the crowd like to chant Kill the Cowboy(s)? I remember a 4-team elimination match and they were getting tons of boos than I'm use to hearing. I think they were fighting Abyss when the chants started.

That's the legendary "heel section". They come every week and boo the faces. The general populas of the Asylum likes AMW.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

I'll just say my piece, and then leave, because I have better things to do than bash two weird looking average wrestlers who were turned down for Velocity Hell.

According to the Observer, Before Simon + Swinger, the story was that TNA was gonna bring in as many indy tag teams as they could, and job them all out to AMW, just because. Simon and Swinger were on this list, but their match had such good chemistry, that they were kept on. Mark my words though, theyll disapearr once AMW get the titles back.

Guest TDinDC1112
I'll just say my piece, and then leave, because I have better things to do than bash two weird looking average wrestlers who were turned down for Velocity Hell.

According to the Observer, Before Simon + Swinger, the story was that TNA was gonna bring in as many indy tag teams as they could, and job them all out to AMW, just because. Simon and Swinger were on this list, but their match had such good chemistry, that they were kept on. Mark my words though, theyll disapearr once AMW get the titles back.

You're right about the jobbing teams out to them and Diamond and Swinger sticking after their match and plans changing thing, but.........

Diamond and Swinger signed contracts, so I don't think they're going anywhere.

You're right about the jobbing teams out to them and Diamond and Swinger sticking after their match and plans changing thing, but.........

Diamond and Swinger signed contracts, so I don't think they're going anywhere.

He means you will never see them again.

Guest Salacious Crumb

They have contracts, meaning TNA has to book them so many times over teh course of the contract.

I also think the whole, "whinging about jobbing" thing is hilarious, considering that last year they were two nobodies who had never worked for a major company before, but suddenly theyre the shit because they have/had a tag team title that hasnt meant anything in 12 years and they working for the Number #3 Compamy in the States.

I aslo recently saw the "legendary" cage match between them and XXX on Kazaa, and wasn't that impressed. It's 20 minutes of Chris Daniels working his ass off and one purty bump from Storm, nothing else.

What do you expect? After something gets that amount of hype, its bound to be a little disappointing. Its still a good **** match.

There are a hundred and one things in wrestling deserving hatred more than AMW.

Guest Joe

Yeah, I actually liked the cage match too...I don't think it was one of the best matches of the year, or even AMW's best, but it was very good...

Let me just say again that it's not that I dislike Storm and Harris...Actually, I like them as a team...But I used to like them more...Right now the way they are being booked is so obvious, it's making me dislike them...

I'd rather see AMW feud with another heel team, with a storyline built around anything but the tag title...That way, at least they're kept away from the tag belts for awhile, and things are made a little more fresh...

Guest TDinDC1112
Everything's a **** match as long as it has blood!

That's not a fair statement. Blood has nothing to do with it. The booking of that cage match was almost perfect. The story of XXX always having the extra advantage, and then the cage keeping them out, and then Elix getting thrown from the cage and not being able to get back in THUS giving AMW the one man advantage - it all made sense. Plus, the crowd heat was awesome, which always helps. That match was at least a **** match, and anyone who doesn't think so is going out of their way to look for reasons not to like AMW and TNA (and believe me, TNA has PLENTY of faults). Part of what made that match great was the story going into it. If you watched that match today for the first time, I don't think it would have quite the same affect on you than it would have to seen it live.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

AMW guys wrestle mainly in South-East areas from the live event results in PWI magazine.

Or Maybe RoH doesn't want them cause the fans will shit all over them like Jeff Hardy...or cause they aren't anything special.

Wasnt there a story in the Torch that TNA tries to shove these two idiots down indy bookers' throats, just because.

Guest TDinDC1112
Wasnt there a story in the Torch that TNA tries to shove these two idiots down indy bookers' throats, just because.

AMW wrestles in the SE because they work cheap. I don't think ROH fans would shit all over them. I certainly don't think TNA is trying to push anyone down ROH's throat.

Guest TDinDC1112

The Torch is very reputable in the industry, so if it's in there it must be true.

Hey!, I was right

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...04&hl=the+torch

- Another reason America's Most Wanted has a lot of locker room heat is because they're tight with certain members of the TNA office, and these office members apparently push AMW to indy promoters who call about booking TNA talent. Even if the promoter doesn't mention AMW, the office guys bring them up and try to get them booked. That doesn't happen for everyone, obviously.

Another reason America's Most Wanted has a lot of locker room heat is because they're tight with certain members of the TNA office, and these office members apparently push AMW to indy promoters who call about booking TNA talent. Even if the promoter doesn't mention AMW, the office guys bring them up and try to get them booked. That doesn't happen for everyone, obviously.

Oh my God! You mean AMW have friends? Friends who try to help them out?

Wow. Well I'll never enjoy an AMW match again. Thanks for that important information.

Let's recap what we learned kids:

-America's Most Wanted are holding down talent because they are being booked as the classical babyface top tag team, using a formula that has worked in wrestling for at least 30 years.

-Simon Diamond and Swinger, despite signing 1 year contracts with guarenteed dates in them, and recieving high praise from just about everyone in the company, will be jobbed out to AMW and then never used again.

-TNA should not be allowed to help their talent gain extra booking dates to boost their income and marketability for god knows what reason.

-The cage match was highly overrated, and the only reason it was even slightly good was because the one guy who worked for the imaculate Ring Of Honor carried the other 3.

-Somehow Jeff Jarrett is to be blamed for all of this.

Test is tommorow, I'll be in my office if you have questions.

Guest TDinDC1112
Let's recap what we learned kids:

-America's Most Wanted are holding down talent because they are being booked as the classical babyface top tag team, using a formula that has worked in wrestling for at least 30 years.

-Simon Diamond and Swinger, despite signing 1 year contracts with guarenteed dates in them, and recieving high praise from just about everyone in the company, will be jobbed out to AMW and then never used again.

-TNA should not be allowed to help their talent gain extra booking dates to boost their income and marketability for god knows what reason.

-The cage match was highly overrated, and the only reason it was even slightly good was because the one guy who worked for the imaculate Ring Of Honor carried the other 3.

-Somehow Jeff Jarrett is to be blamed for all of this.

Test is tommorow, I'll be in my office if you have questions.

You forgot to add the Bonus True-False Question about The Torch being a reputable publication.

I'd like to see Chris Harris work with a broken foot, and manage to get an insanely amazing looking girlfirend despite having no actual charisma or good looks

That sorta attitude goes back to whoever it was that wanted me banned because i sadi i liked Batista over Sonjay Dutt

Fuckin' Apologists

America's Most Wanted are holding down talent because they are being booked as the classical babyface top tag team, using a formula that has worked in wrestling for at least 30 years.

Since people are complaining, its obviously not working

Doesnt take away from the fact that originally, they were only gonna be in for one show, just to please these two.

TNA should not be allowed to help their talent gain extra booking dates to boost their income and marketability for god knows what reason.

Its a problem when its at the expense of other in the company

The cage match was highly overrated, and the only reason it was even slightly good was because the one guy who worked for the imaculate Ring Of Honor carried the other 3.

It was overrated, but it was a good match. Daniels had to carry the flow of the match, since AMW looked, at times, clueless in there.

Somehow Jeff Jarrett is to be blamed for all of this.

He owns the compnay, so all stupid decisions go back to him, yeah

Guest Dynamite Kido
Test was on Raw. And he's more talented than AMW

Obviously you put a whole 1/4 second thought into that comment.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood
AMW guys wrestle mainly in South-East areas from the live event results in PWI magazine.

Or Maybe RoH doesn't want them cause the fans will shit all over them like Jeff Hardy...or cause they aren't anything special.

As far as *where* they're booked goes- some people are just comfortable working in their home areas and not branching out, either because of personal or financial issues.

Seth DeLay from Wildside was offered ROH bookings as a member of Special K, but turned them down for personal reasons. Chris Hero willingly doesn't work ROH, it took *a lot* of convincing to get him back in CZW, and his first loyalty is to Ian Rotten. None of the crew from the Internet Wrestling Syndicate in Canada wrestle stateside, despite a good chunk of their talent having the ability to tear the house down over here, because it's too damn expensive to make the trip and they're not well-known enough to fly over here on somebody else's dime. Same thing with a lot of the top-flight SoCal talent (guys like Joey Ryan and Scott Lost) AMW seem content to be stars in TNA (they've even turned down a WWE offer according to a recent Observer.com interview) and the surrounding area. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean, these factors all have to be considered, it's not just a case of "these guys aren't in promotion X, so they must suck and promotion X doesn't want them." Nothing in indy wrestling is that simple.