TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

America's Most Wanted...

I'd like to see Chris Harris work with a broken foot, and manage to get an insanely amazing looking girlfirend despite having no actual charisma or good looks

So now we're judging workers on how attractive their girlfriends are!?!? You are something else. And Storm worked with a concussion for a few weeks which I'd say is a little more difficult.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

I get judged all the time on my girlfirend. A lot of people, sadly, are judged by what sort of guy/girl, they can pull. Fact of life

I get judged all the time on my girlfirend. A lot of people, sadly, are judged by what sort of guy/girl, they can pull. Fact of life

Yeah, but not in terms of how much wrestling ability they have. The standard of Test's girlfriend has no reflection on his wrestling skills

Ye Gods.

Alright, put it this way, I think Test, being a product of the early WWE developmental system, is a better wrestler than either Harris, or Storm.

However, flaming me, because i prefer Test to AMW, is frankly out of order

Hey, I have no problems with someone liking Test. Hell, I like Test and still think he's a very underrated wrestler. I just didn't think Stacy was relevant to the argument, thats all

I'd agree with Harris, but not Storm.

Storm, I feel, has a lot of charisma, but is so forced into this "I must be a badass because of an angle that started over a year ago and ended at the beginning of 2003" that he doesn't get any real chance to branch out. That and the fact that AMW have been booked as the HHH of TNA's tag division (ie. you know they'll get the belts back), and you get a pretty bland and boring team.

I was just pissed off because of what dynamite had said, thats all

Another point to make - their attempted break up and turn on each other and singles run BOMBED, and has been pretty much erased from history, which says a lot

Guest MikeSC
The BASHAMS are better. Heck, the Duds are better. Lodon & Spanky are better. Benjamin & Haas are better. Diamond & Swinger are better. Akira & Sakoda (or whatever the heck their names are) are better. The FBI is better

Christ almighty, if you are refering to the FBI team of Palumbo and Stamboli, you must be joking. Hell, I can't think of an FBI match I'd rate over **. And the only thing the Duds are better at nowadays is wearing camoflage and sucking up the ring.

The Duds have MANY more good matches under their belt than AMW.

The FBI get numerous opportunities, don't they?

I've seen fewer duds out of the FBI --- and it's not the same match night after night.

-=Mike

...And I don't even LIKE the FBI.

Guest MikeSC
Everything's a **** match as long as it has blood!

That's not a fair statement. Blood has nothing to do with it. The booking of that cage match was almost perfect. The story of XXX always having the extra advantage, and then the cage keeping them out, and then Elix getting thrown from the cage and not being able to get back in THUS giving AMW the one man advantage - it all made sense. Plus, the crowd heat was awesome, which always helps. That match was at least a **** match, and anyone who doesn't think so is going out of their way to look for reasons not to like AMW and TNA (and believe me, TNA has PLENTY of faults). Part of what made that match great was the story going into it. If you watched that match today for the first time, I don't think it would have quite the same affect on you than it would have to seen it live.

ANY Guerreros v WGTT match was better.

Kidman & Misterio v WGTT was better.

Heck, Tajiri & Guerrero v WGTT was better.

-=Mike

God damn that ROH! Because it has good matches we need to find a way to bash it! That cage match would be MOTY in ROH and get a standing ovation because it's ROH! Just like that Raven-Punk cage match! MOTY MOTY! I guess it's ROH's fault that TNA hasent had anything worthwhile sine May-June, damn that ROH! Half the people who bash ROH havent even seen enough of the product to give good judgment. I may of rambled somewhat but oh well...

Guest dvkorn
The BASHAMS are better. Heck, the Duds are better. Lodon & Spanky are better. Benjamin & Haas are better. Diamond & Swinger are better. Akira & Sakoda (or whatever the heck their names are) are better. The FBI is better

Christ almighty, if you are refering to the FBI team of Palumbo and Stamboli, you must be joking. Hell, I can't think of an FBI match I'd rate over **. And the only thing the Duds are better at nowadays is wearing camoflage and sucking up the ring.

The Duds have MANY more good matches under their belt than AMW.

Haven't the Dudleys, you know been around 6 or 7 more years than AMW... so that would kinda be expected....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
AMW guys wrestle mainly in South-East areas from the live event results in PWI magazine.

Or Maybe RoH doesn't want them cause the fans will shit all over them like Jeff Hardy...or cause they aren't anything special.

As far as *where* they're booked goes- some people are just comfortable working in their home areas and not branching out, either because of personal or financial issues.

Seth DeLay from Wildside was offered ROH bookings as a member of Special K, but turned them down for personal reasons. Chris Hero willingly doesn't work ROH, it took *a lot* of convincing to get him back in CZW, and his first loyalty is to Ian Rotten. None of the crew from the Internet Wrestling Syndicate in Canada wrestle stateside, despite a good chunk of their talent having the ability to tear the house down over here, because it's too damn expensive to make the trip and they're not well-known enough to fly over here on somebody else's dime. Same thing with a lot of the top-flight SoCal talent (guys like Joey Ryan and Scott Lost) AMW seem content to be stars in TNA (they've even turned down a WWE offer according to a recent Observer.com interview) and the surrounding area. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean, these factors all have to be considered, it's not just a case of "these guys aren't in promotion X, so they must suck and promotion X doesn't want them." Nothing in indy wrestling is that simple.

LAst I check Vince thought they were too vanilla and had hillbilly acents.

If that match had happened in RoH we'd have been treated to commentary on the tape proclaiming it a sleeper MOTYC 3 minutes in.

You're such a TNA mark it's ridiculous. The fans in Boston SHAT ALL OVER the Raven-Punk cage match for sucking, and guess what, it had a lot of blood. What was really *so* great about the cage match? Just about every TLC absolutely blows it out of the water, except for the crappy TLC 2002 on Raw. There were some really cool big spots in the match, and some really crappy ones too (the contrived, ridiculous spear spot). Oh yes, the senseless climbing up the cage when you can only win by pinfall boggled the mind too. RoH has had numerous tag matches better than this one that were not called MoTYCs, so I have no clue what you're talking about.

It's laughable that bitter fans of TNA, mad that the product sucks and defending it to the bitter end, take out their anger on Ring Of Honor. For what? Whose fault is it that TNA forces Styles, Ki, and Daniels to work a spotfest style? Whose fault is it that CM Punk is horribly misused? Whose fault is it that they are building toward a big main event with Hulk Hogan? Whose fault is it that Michael Shane is the X Division champ? It must be RoH's fault, because they have better matches! You can keep paying 9.99 weekly for Thunder, but just because they throw out a solid match once in a while doesn't make it a MoTYC.

Which is funny, because Chris Harris is just a shorter version of Test that can run faster and throws better punches...

Actually, I reckon Harris is a Billy Gunn clone. You know, with the finisher and everything

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Which is funny, because Chris Harris is just a shorter version of Test that can run faster and throws better punches...

Actually, I reckon Harris is a Billy Gunn clone. You know, with the finisher and everything

And lack of any real talent.

Ok thats mean but when was the last time either AMW guy put on a wrestling classic that didn't involve a gimmick.

And I'm probably the most positive person about TNA but I think AMW are too stale considering they have NO Real character besides pissed off rednecks who want titles back.

Well, Storm is a cowboy

and the other one is..................?

Well, Storm is a cowboy

and the other one is..................?

Exactly. The "Wildcat" is just a nickname for Harris, but other than that, he doesn't really have a character.

Guest TDinDC1112
If that match had happened in RoH we'd have been treated to commentary on the tape proclaiming it a sleeper MOTYC 3 minutes in.

You're such a TNA mark it's ridiculous. The fans in Boston SHAT ALL OVER the Raven-Punk cage match for sucking, and guess what, it had a lot of blood. What was really *so* great about the cage match? Just about every TLC absolutely blows it out of the water, except for the crappy TLC 2002 on Raw. There were some really cool big spots in the match, and some really crappy ones too (the contrived, ridiculous spear spot). Oh yes, the senseless climbing up the cage when you can only win by pinfall boggled the mind too. RoH has had numerous tag matches better than this one that were not called MoTYCs, so I have no clue what you're talking about.

It's laughable that bitter fans of TNA, mad that the product sucks and defending it to the bitter end, take out their anger on Ring Of Honor. For what? Whose fault is it that TNA forces Styles, Ki, and Daniels to work a spotfest style? Whose fault is it that CM Punk is horribly misused? Whose fault is it that they are building toward a big main event with Hulk Hogan? Whose fault is it that Michael Shane is the X Division champ? It must be RoH's fault, because they have better matches! You can keep paying 9.99 weekly for Thunder, but just because they throw out a solid match once in a while doesn't make it a MoTYC.

You are just as much as an "anti-mark" for TNA as he is a mark. You'll tell me I'm wrong, but you feel as strongly against TNA as he does for it. It's not even that he's for TNA, he just has an open mind about things and doesn't subscribe to the elitist attitude that has formed on the net about ROH. And I am qualified to speak about this as I've seen every TNA episode ever, every ROH show that has been released on tape and attended the 10/25 show.

Nah. Gunn used the Fameasser (which was a faster, sloppier Rocker Dropper) and the One And Only (which was a half-assed Cobra Clutch Slam). Harris uses the Spear (which, I'll admit, he DOES do pretty good) and the Catatonic (scoop into a swinging Rock Bottom, which looks MINT).

But Storm soooo carries that team.

Well, I mean, I guess I am an "anti-mark", since it's basically no better than Nitro was in the dying days, but this time you have to pay 10 bucks a week for it. For 10 bucks a week, you should get at least ONE good-great 15-20 minute match per show, along with whatever angles they want to do. Instead, it's like a crapshoot, where you end up getting a bunch of 7-10 minute matches with angles for guys like Jeff Jarrett and the Harris Brothers.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Dont forget the Red, Black, White, Gray, Green, Yellow Security.

I'd hate to agree, but the stupid security angle is the worst thing on TNA today.

Red Shirt's lack any talent especially the guy whos not Northcutt (its sad I dont know his name even though I've ordered half the PPV's he's been on).

And WHY MUST THE "NON-WRESTLING TALENT" SUCH AS DON CALLIS & ERIK WATTS GET MORE DAMN TIME THAN GUYS LIKE CHRISTOPHER DANIELS?!

Sorry for the ranting and caps but come on! The angle sucks!

Guest MikeSC

Nah. Gunn used the Fameasser (which was a faster, sloppier Rocker Dropper) and the One And Only (which was a half-assed Cobra Clutch Slam). Harris uses the Spear (which, I'll admit, he DOES do pretty good) and the Catatonic (scoop into a swinging Rock Bottom, which looks MINT).

But Storm soooo carries that team.

Actually, Gunn did the Catatonic thing as his finisher before his latest injury (the Gunn-slinger, or something).

Didn't look THAT bad.

Sad thing is, as much as fans dump on him, the asylum would go NUTS if he appeared there.

-=Mike

Guest CubbyBear
I guess it's ROH's fault that TNA hasent had anything worthwhile sine May-June

I guess we all dreamed about the Super X Show, The shows leading up to it, the Raven/Mitchell feud, and the AMW/Swinger/Diamond feud in our sleep.

I agree that TNA's latest shows haven't been very good but to say that they haven't put anything good out since May-June is bullshit.

Edited by CubbyBear

I wish I had only dreamed of Raven/Mitchell...and AMW vs Simon/Swinger..well one team is halway decent. And I've posted my thoughts on the Super X show so many times..the show was fun, but it wasent anything GREAT. But you also may be one of the people who thought Ultimate X was **** 1/2.

Another point to make - their attempted break up and turn on each other and singles run BOMBED, and has been pretty much erased from history, which says a lot

Why do you even bother posting in here when you don't watch TNA and just take all your opinions from what you read in the Torch or whatever?

You'd think a busy and succesful journalist would have better uses of his time.

Another point to make - their attempted break up and  turn on each other and singles run BOMBED, and has been pretty much erased from history, which says a lot

Why do you even bother posting in here when you don't watch TNA and just take all your opinions from what you read in the Torch or whatever?

You'd think a busy and succesful journalist would have better uses of his time.

I watch it ( I pay my cousin in the US to tape it for me and send me it ) and I have to agree.

The match between James Storm and Chris Harris in a tournament ( can't remember which one ) was good, but the fans just weren't buying it, and that's probably why they didnt go ahead with the break up.