TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

America's Most Wanted...

Guest TDinDC1112
For 10 bucks a week, you should get at least ONE good-great 15-20 minute match per show, along with whatever angles they want to do. Instead, it's like a crapshoot, where you end up getting a bunch of 7-10 minute matches with angles for guys like Jeff Jarrett and the Harris Brothers.

I will agree with that.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Actually there's only one Harris Brother these days, but the point is valid.

Thats why ROH is a better promotion. If fans shit all over a wrestler, like Iceberg, or Jeff Hardy, theyre smart enough not to book them again.

The real test for TNA will be whn they have the balls to leave Nashville and do a show anywhere else. They wont do that of course, because Nashville is the only place on the planet that responds to Jarrett's stale act

Guest Coffey
I also think the whole, "whinging about jobbing" thing is hilarious, considering that last year they were two nobodies who had never worked for a major company before, but suddenly theyre the shit because they have/had a tag team title that hasnt meant anything in 12 years and they working for the Number #3 Compamy in the States.

I aslo recently saw the "legendary" cage match between them and XXX on Kazaa, and wasn't that impressed. It's 20 minutes of Chris Daniels working his ass off and one purty bump from Storm, nothing else.

Exactly. That match was decent, but there is no way that it's MotY like a lot of people say. Shit, it shouldn't even be nominated!

AMW have NEVER impressed me. They are glorified jobbers. Green jobbers at that. I don't like them at all.

I wouldn't say green jobbers, since supposedly Storm has been around for a few years, and Harris constantly talks about this mythical program him and Jarrett were gonna do in WCW, and they have the fundamentals, but in some of thie pre- New Church stuff, they go from spot to spot, with no clue as to what they're supposed to be doing in between

Guest TDinDC1112
Actually there's only one Harris Brother these days, but the point is valid.

Thats why ROH is a better promotion. If fans shit all over a wrestler, like Iceberg, or Jeff Hardy, theyre smart enough not to book them again.

The real test for TNA will be whn they have the balls to leave Nashville and do a show anywhere else. They wont do that of course, because Nashville is the only place on the planet that responds to Jarrett's stale act

Man, you have jut GOT TO GET THE FACTS RIGHT one of these times.

1. I will give you that ROH has better wrestling. Anyone who says otherwise is nuts. ROH has the best wrestling of any promotion in the world right now.

2. Leaving Nashville has NOTHING to do with Balls. It has to do with $$$. It would be very expensive to move their set up. It's called business.

If YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED THE F'N SHOW you'd know that actually the crowd has been dead for 4 weeks in a row now!

Guest TDinDC1112
They are glorified jobbers. Green jobbers at that. I don't like them at all.

They are not jobbers just because you don't like them. Calling them jobbers is absolutely ridiculous.

Guest TDinDC1112
and they have the fundamentals, but in some of thie pre- New Church stuff, they go from spot to spot, with no clue as to what they're supposed to be doing in between

How do you know this? You don't watch the show - you get all your TNA opinions from Meltzer, which doesn't make sense here because he ABSOLUTELY LOVES America's Most Wanted. How do you read what he says about them every freaking weak, and then say they don't know what they're doing?

2. Leaving Nashville has NOTHING to do with Balls. It has to do with $$$. It would be very expensive to move their set up. It's called business.

If Panda can cough up to bring in wastes of space like Sting and Luger, they can damn well rent out a small arena ANYWHERE else in the States.

TNA in the Bingo Hall....there's a thought.

How do you know this? You don't watch the show

Kazaa has the older stuff, and stuff like AMW vs Harris Brother #1/partner of the week (Ozzy Hudson/Jorge Estrada/whoever) is just lousy

Guest TDinDC1112

If Panda can cough up to bring in wastes of space like Sting and Luger, they can damn well rent out a small arena ANYWHERE else in the States.

TNA in the Bingo Hall....there's a thought.

How do you know this? You don't watch the show

Kazaa has the older stuff, and stuff like AMW vs Harris Brother #1/partner of the week (Ozzy Hudson/Jorge Estrada/whoever) is just lousy

1. Yeah, let's judge them on matches with a Harris because he's real high quality. Maybe you should watch more than a couple of matches before saying "they don't know how to do anything."

2. You're right, have it in Philly because lord knows Philly needs another wrestling promotion. That's real original to have it in Viking Arena - that's a great building.

1. Yeah, let's judge them on matches with a Harris because he's real high quality. Maybe you should watch more than a couple of matches before saying "they don't know how to do anything."

2. You're right, have it in Philly because lord knows Philly needs another wrestling promotion. That's real original to have it in Viking Arena - that's a great building.

I already said I thought the cage match was overrated. You cant go much higher than Daniels, or much lower than a Harris Brother

Viking Hall was the first building that I thought of. My point stands though, sooner or later, they need to get out of Nashville

Guest TDinDC1112

They will move from Nashville when they start making money, or at least not losing it. The big ppv will probably be either in Vegas or Tampa, so there ya go.

Guest Dynamite Kido

TNA is generally ran like a territory. So besides, Bound by Glory don't count on them moving out of Nashville.

Guest TDinDC1112
In my eyes, it doesn't mean a wrestler that loses a lot. I leave it at that.

You have to explain yourself. You can't just say, leave it at that. What's that mean? Don't call them someone and then not explain what you mean.

Guest Coffey

I mean they fucking suck. They lick fucking nuts. They don't deserve to be pushed like they are, because they are fucking cakes. They get shoved down our throats, and why? They are mediocre in every single department.

Randy Orton comes to mind. At least he has charisma.

Does that pretty much sum it up? I'd rather watch Mark Henry or John Heidenreich than either member of AMW.

!!!

As bad as AMW are, thery're no-where as bad as Orton or Henry, or Heidenreich.

Guest TDinDC1112
I mean they fucking suck. They lick fucking nuts. They don't deserve to be pushed like they are, because they are fucking cakes. They get shoved down our throats, and why? They are mediocre in every single department.

Randy Orton comes to mind. At least he has charisma.

Does that pretty much sum it up? I'd rather watch Mark Henry or John Heidenreich than either member of AMW.

!!!

-Now I know what a jobber is.

-Randy Orton has no charisma.

"I'd rather watch Mark Henry or John Heidenreich than either member of AMW."

-That statement puts everything you've said into the "consider the source" department.

Guest Coffey

Yup, shrug me off now because you made me explain myself when I didn't want to get into it. That's why I wanted to avoid the goddamn situation, because I knew you were just fucking setting me up.

AMW suck. Orton has shown the ability to give off charisma, such as during the RNN skits, unlike AMW whom will always walk around like talentless rednecks.

As far as Henry and Heidenreich go, they both suck balls and I can't stand them at all. That's why I made the comparison....

Thank you, and leave me alone.

Coffey beat me to it.

Although Orton is clueless in the ring, he exudes confidence and charisma, it's the one thing he actually has going for him.

Frankly, its AMW that need a manager, not Simon and Swinger

Guest TDinDC1112
Coffey beat me to it.

Although Orton is clueless in the ring, he exudes confidence and charisma, it's the one thing he actually has going for him.

Frankly, its AMW that need a manager, not Simon and Swinger

Confidence does not equal charisma.

I agree with you - AMW could use a manager and Diamond and Swinger don't need one.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Even though they would NEVER do it, Jim Cornette would be perfect to manage AMW.

Guest TDinDC1112
Even though they would NEVER do it, Jim Cornette would be perfect to manage AMW.

bingo

As far as Henry and Heidenreich go, they both suck balls and I can't stand them at all. That's why I made the comparison....

You can't stand Mark Henry?? How can anyone dislike the man who did so much for our pleasure? Sure his ringwork sucks, but he gave us the greatest ring music ever (c'mon, you all love that Barry White rip-off) and endured so much abuse from the writers when all big Mark wanted to do was entertain. He may be the World's Strongest Man, but he has feeling too dammit!!

They missed the boat on Henry when he was getting over. The guy is a lot like Big Show in the sense that the ringwork is mediocre on their best night, they're too big to really do anything, BUT they have enough charisma if they were let go to do their own thing.