TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rawknight

A2A OFFICIAL COMMENT THREAD

OK I won, I'd love to see what Danny wrote but MY GOD did I have to do my best. so far I've only skimmed the promos and the main event, and the finish of Janus vs Annie (Y). I'll post more deatiled comments when i'm done promoing ( promo won't be posted till US types get up though)

And if YOU... YOU you miserable bastards... you didn't mark out like the bitches you are when Wildchild grabbed the big pin, I dunno what hope there is for you. I am your fairy Maorifather You WILL go to the main event. *sprinkles magic fairy dust over Wildchild*

*it burns*

BOO-YAH!

Edited by Rawknight

Guest Evolution

No-showed. I was going to write for the match, but in the end, I just stared at my screen and realized I just couldn't manage to write the match.

I've lost count of how many writing (or non-writing) losses that is.

Also, even if I had written and beaten Dace, it was doubtful I would've done anything in the ICTV title match.

As for Wildchild...well, it'd be a bigger deal if Wildchild had left the Hardcore title behind him and was visibly moving up the ranks.

For the way it stands now, it's just the Hardcore champion pinning one-half of the tag team champions when it could be ICTV/World contender pinning ICTV/World contender. In kayfabe land, it feels like bad booking.

Before I forget.. the spot i couldn't lever in, cos it didn't fit with the headhunting and stuff.

Va'aiga grabs Danny Williams and fires another right cross into Deathwish's chest. Pushing down in the top of Danny's head, Va'aiga drives his opponent down to his knees. Adding a little knee strike to make sure Danny isn't moving, Va'aiga looks out into the crowd and smiles. The Maori Badass takes one deliberate pace back. Then a second. Then a pace to the side. Then a second. Va'aiga extends his arms in front of him and clasps his hands together, before looking up into the crowd, who give him a MASSIVE round of boos.

Comet: What is Va'aiga doing?

Riley: Well this is what Johnny Wilkinson the england Rugby star does before a...

Comet: a what?

Va'aiga CHRAGES IN AND PUNTS DANNY WILLIAMS HARD IN THE NUTSACK WITH A VICIOUS, VICIOUS KICK.

Riley: A kick.

For the way it stands now, it's just the Hardcore champion pinning one-half of the tag team champions

Have you been paying attention to the angle WC and Ejiro have been running for... many, many moons now? WC going over Ejiro was a conscious decision on the part of the team to give Ejiro another clean win over Flesher and follow that up with Wildchild avenging a lot of the bullshit that Ejiro's been feeding him. No one ever reads or comprehends stylistic nuance, which pisses me off, but there was major stylistic nuance in Wildchild's finish. He had been wrestling the Ejiro-influenced conservative style for a while now, and he finally went back to his crowd-pleasing flip-floppery to get the big win over the Jir. To say that it was a badly-booked, meaningless finish is... well... stupid.

Guest Evolution

That's all well and good, it's good to see that the WC/Ejiro angle has come to a close. But the problem is that in terms of the status of who beat who, it's the Hardcore champion over one-half of the tag team champions.

I'm just suggesting that it would've been a lot better if WC wasn't strangling the HC division and if Judge and Ejiro didn't rule the roost in the tag game.

Putting it in WWE standards makes it ridiculous: It's like the late Crash Holly beating D-Von Dudley.

The status of who beat who is what is important here...

Wildchild had been getting shit on for the better part of the last few months by Ejiro...whether he was a tag champ or not doesn't matter...

The fact that WC finally got to give Ejiro what he deserved is the point...

in WWE standards:

if HHH lost his belt due to Orton and then made Orton his little bitch (turning Orton face) for 3 months...only to lay down to him at the end...

we would see this upcoming guy (Orton) going over this former champ (HHH) ...and would be the best way to end the feud for both people (although we know how that would go in real life...just putting up names here)

It's not about belts or titles...it's about Revenge~!

Guest Evolution

That's just it though, Wildchild is not Orton. Wildchild has held a title for over 100 days, he's shattered the old record of JD's, he's practically holding himself down in the hardcore division.

I do understand the storyline significance, but to a casual fan who bought the PPV on TV, it'd probably be a crappy ending to an otherwise great match.

Some sort of comments:

Congrats to Janus on the win. Good to see that finish you planned worked. Not sure if Annie could do be graceful after such a much, but it was hella fun. Definatlly the sort of match that needed to be one.

No comment on my match.

Danny vs Va'aiga was for me, for obvious reasons, the MOTN. Va'aiga just promoed this thing to the moon and his match lived upto it. I'd listend to most of his ideas as he'd plan. But that this was brutal. And the ending.... OUCH.

X has just a little bit of an angle going here, wanting the World Title. I didn't see Thugg coming but... he's back! Nice fun little number, and it's what I've got to beat to win the ICTV title if X isn't just wanna roll over.

As for the main event.. comments when I have time to write them all. Major props for Tom in doing the ring thing and giving Ejiro the rub. Good to see and even for for WC's win. It's about time he got some back.

That's just it though, Wildchild is not Orton. Wildchild has held a title for over 100 days, he's shattered the old record of JD's, he's practically holding himself down in the hardcore division.

I do understand the storyline significance, but to a casual fan who bought the PPV on TV, it'd probably be a crappy ending to an otherwise great match.

yeah...my analogy kinda sucked...

I'm a mark for WC...so I would have enjoyed it watching it... i haven't read the whole match...or the PPV at all... but I will be printing it off and reading it when I have time and providing INDEPTH COMMENTARY~!

OK I won, I'd love to see what Danny wrote but MY GOD did I have to do my best.

From the word count thread:

"Couldn't finish. I did turn something in so it wouldn't count as an official no show.

My apologies to Va'aiga, and everyone looking forward to the match.

I just have too much damn school work this semster, and it's only gonna get worse until it's over. I tried to come back, but school wouldn't let me."

Hopefully, next semester won't be as bad, and you can defiantly expect to see me back come December."

The match was barely half way done, and I ran out of time just as I was getting to the build toward the finish. So i just tacked on a sudden pin to make it a complete match. Once again, I apologize for not giving you any competition. Besides, what I did have was rushed and underwhelming anyways.

Edited by Coffin Surfer

OK I won, I'd love to see what Danny wrote but MY GOD did I have to do my best.

From the word count thread:

"Couldn't finish. I did turn something in so it wouldn't count as an official no show.

My apologies to Va'aiga, and everyone looking forward to the match.

I just have too much damn school work this semster, and it's only gonna get worse until it's over. I tried to come back, but school wouldn't let me."

Hopefully, next semester won't be as bad, and you can defiantly expect to see me back come December."

The match was barely half way done, and I ran out of time just as I was getting to the build toward the finish. So i just tacked on a sudden pin to make it a complete match. Once again, I apologize for not giving you any competition. Besides, what I did have was rushed and underwhelming anyways.

It's a shame i didn't compete against a full strength Danny match... i'd like to have seen how what i consider the best match i've ever wrote did. Still there's always Genesis V :)

Duran, you're being a testicle. To say that Wildchild is Crash and Ejiro is D-Von just because of some passing similarity in the titles they hold is silly when both of them are among the more talented writers in the fed and they're both in the middle of elevation. What you had was an upper-midcard-level wrestler, as evidenced by his placement in the recent four-way contendership match, finally getting a win with an interesting wrestling-based subplot over a top contender who is not only half of a dominant tag team but also one of the top singles writers in the fed. Wildchild's not a comedy wrestler and Ejiro's not an incompetent boob. I'm sorry you don't understand that, but hopefully we can move past this topic.

Following up to Tom. I'd happily rate Ejiro and Wildchild (INPO) as the #2 and #3 writers in the fed... following up to Tom :)

As my point from the cruiserweight thread, don't compare our titles to the WWE. A title is as strong as it's booked, and we actually have some pretty damn groovy booking ideas (especially cos if the wrestlers book angles themselves the bookers go along with it and spend more time on other people)

In other words Duran. you're looking for problems where their aren't any. Possibly your main flaw when looking at your OWN work too...

I'd like to think of myself as at least a little more over than Crash Holly relative to my "place" in the fed, but... eh... :mellow:

I decline to comment on the "holding myself down" statement, on the grounds that I've expressed my feelings regarding the titles in the fed about a hundred times already, and if you don't know, just catch my exit line in chat once in awhile.

Random thoughts about the show:

- I thought the X promo was well done and, apart from the fact that I think that the fed is a little too heel-intensive right now, I liked it.

- It occurs to me that in busying myself in kissing Annie's ass, I haven't been showing Janus the proper amount of respect as a writer. Slow wrote a very good match that kept me thoroughly entertained, and is going into this title match on a hot streak. Figures that someone poised to beat me for this belt would come along just when I'm starting to get to like it.

- Va'aiga, it's a good thing that your promo was so good, because you totally killed my HOLT Report. I can only imagine how obnoxious he would have been if they had won...

- Dace scares me. That is all. I think you've taken that "Horrorcore" thing a little too far... ;)

(unfinished thought: I hope nobody in CC pays particular attention to the fact that most of the fed is much more violent than the reigning Hardcore Champion...)

- You really like doing that "LAAAARRRIIIOOOOTOOOH" thing, don't you? I don't know that could be that creative as to come up with different adjectives for the same move every match, nevermind four times in one match.

- Seeing signs in the crowd is always a nice touch.

- Is that zipper thing X does part of his schtick, becuase I thought he was going to strip, or something...

- The Mak is Back! Back the Mack!

And, oh yeah: first PPV win ever for the ol' Dub Cee!

(Y) (Y)

- Va'aiga, it's a good thing that your promo was so good, because you totally killed my HOLT Report. I can only imagine how obnoxious he would have been if they had won...

instead of bitching about the loss, he would have just walked round the ring shouting LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS to all four sides. I had to edit cos the Aussies winning was an upset. And DAMN RIGHT I was getting crap thrown at me for my behaviour. And I TOLD you i was gonna get most heat.

This comment is sponsored by SWF Ashes 2 Ashes: The game of Betrayal, Honour and Respect.

a2agame.jpg

I shall chime in on this topic as well...

Personally, I think that too many angles in this fed are 8 month long epics that include enormous amounts of what Tom is calling "subtle nuances". It's rather annoying to be honest due to the fact that this is supposed to be wrestling and the idea is to get over your point, which usually means that you have to make it idiot proof. If we think about it in terms of the superstars and the fans, the most of the fans are not going to catch all the subtle nuances you all seem to throw into these angles, so you have to make it obvious. I'm sorry if I'm upsetting anyone, but I really feel that far too much emphasis is put on having these subtleties throughout an angle that lasts an eternity. I'm sorry, but these 4 PPV angles are ridiculous...not only do I lose interest, but the blow off is never what it's intended to be, and it ties up too many people, leaving others with nothing to do because a title is tied up in some epic angle. Angles should last 1 PPV, and really good ones should last 2. The point is...if you've got a 5 PPV angle, that means that there is someone out there with 5 months having no angle or forced to fight the same people because some of you aren't free to fued with.

That being said....I disagree with all of you. The ending was well done...I greatly enjoyed it. I think it is perfect, and when Tom when out, I was like...HOLY SHIT...and it really got me more interested in the final outcome. However, Tom, I don't think it was subtle at all...I think it was painfully obvious that WC had triumphed over his captor and gone back to his normal style to finally get over on Ejiro. I think, if it were WWE, it would perfect booking. There was no title on the line, therfore, Tom didn't need to go over, nor did a "main eventer". Ejiro and WC have had a great feud, albeit too long, and having WC go over Ejiro was done perfectly. But no, it was not that subtle...I could, and I think others did too, see very clearly what the point was.

Da "and that's my 2 cents" H

PS - And the reason you didn't see Thugg coming back and it was a surprise is because I didn't decide to bring him back until like Friday night.

It's a shame i didn't compete against a full strength Danny match... i'd like to have seen how what i consider the best match i've ever wrote did. Still there's always Genesis V :)

Don't worry about it, my best match(against Jay Dawg) won by default as well. It doesn't take away anything from your match, because it was very good.

The beginning was excellent with the brawling in the crowd. Though it was 6000, the match did feel short, and seemed to lack a middle as the match just kind of jumps to the ending with the Germans. Still this was suppose to be a quick intense brawl so it works for what it is. I was also impressed with how you kept the whole match low key(with the exception of the ending of course), something I also planned on doing.

I didn't like the delayed selling bit with the Powerbomb, in fact I don't like delayed selling at all. It's just something that Kobashi started doing in 95, because he totally lost his fucking mind, and forgot to put together a match. Misawa followed in 97, because he was too lazy to work brilliant 5 minute transition sequences anymore.

You could have easily accomplished the same thing by just having Va'aiga escape the Powerbomb, land in front of Danny, and than blast him. Still, I was very impressed with your match, and you deserved the win.

Oh, and I like long fueds, I just never had the opportunity to be in one.

Guest Xstasy

I usually don't like long feuds. But I do like it when people actually remember the feuds they had a few months back. As opposed to the WWE, who forgets what happened 2 weeks ago.

Good writing everybody!

Don't worry about it, my best match(against Jay Dawg) won by default as well. It doesn't take away anything from your match, because it was very good.

The beginning was excellent with the brawling in the crowd. Though it was 6000, the match did feel short, and seemed to lack a middle as the match just kind of jumps to the ending with the Germans. Still this was suppose to be a quick intense brawl so it works for what it is. I was also impressed with how you kept the whole match low key(with the exception of the ending of course), something I also planned on doing.

- yeah compare it to Va'aiga vs Jay Dawg which was an insane WWE 99 harcore belt style brawl... including the shampoo spot in the women's showers. There WAS supposed to be more technical stuff in the middle, i was going for the all japan Strikes, Holds, Crazy finish structure, but i got carried away with the brawling in the crowd and ran out of time to do 2K of holds, so it ended a little imbalanced.

I didn't like the delayed selling bit with the Powerbomb, in fact I don't like delayed selling at all. It's just something that Kobashi started doing in 95, because he totally lost his fucking mind, and forgot to put together a match. Misawa followed in 97, because he was too lazy to work brilliant 5 minute transition sequences anymore.

- I do like them, but it's a deadly game putting them in the SWF, cos not all the markers do. I've lost a match doing that before to Thor in the JL

You could have easily accomplished the same thing by just having Va'aiga escape the Powerbomb, land in front of Danny, and than blast him. Still, I was very impressed with your match, and you deserved the win.

- I don't know about escape. That sounds vaguely technical. Besides it was important to set up the double KO spot so i could escape, roll under the ring (like Muta) and set my arm on fire (Like Shadow WX).. channeling THREE Japanese feds in one sequence, that's Smark and a half.

Oh, and I like long fueds, I just never had the opportunity to be in one.

I also like long fueds... and the blowoff to Va'aiga vs Danny will be at Genesis V :P

*is kidding, has other plans but WILL be setting up Va'aiga vs Danny II at some stage*

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Alot of people have had their best matches against a noshowing me... must be a coincidence. :P