TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ravenlo

Status of Vader and Mike Rotundo...

Guest Black Tiger

When Mutoh took over AJPW for real, he replaced a lot of the gaijin with more shitty gaijin so odds are Rotundo was one of the victims.

About the table....I believe Meltzer reported it a few months ago, which was basically him breaking a table backstage and was fired for it(sounds very bizarre). Are Rotundo and Vader still active in the ring now?

Guest The Son of Sting

I think Vader is pretty much done in Japan.There was a story in the Observer a few months ago that he got messed up by some Yakuza,that could have something to do with it.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I think they both fall under the category of semi-retired as they wrestle on occasion, but not enough to be considered full time wrestlers anymore.

Vader I haven't seen AT ALL since his TNA show, and Rotundo was in Japan last year, but since then, heard nothing about him.

Guest The Son of Sting

If i remember correctly Vader said or did something that pissed of said Yakuza who gave him a real beating and gave him a few stab wounds for his trouble.When he was in TNA he wore a shirt to cover up the stab wounds as it was around that time frame.

I will dig out the Observer just to check i was right on the details.

The last I heard about Vader was the false "Vader Dead" reports from a month or so ago.

Guest The Son of Sting

Rotundo i think last wrestled for IWA Japan.

Vader's last match was againt Don Frye in WJ.

Guest The Son of Sting

World Japan "MAGMA03", 7/20/03 (PPV)

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

8,500 Fans

1. WJ Strongest Tournament - Round 1: Steve Williams beat Shiro Koshinaka (9:27) with the Doctor bomb.

2. WJ Strongest Tournament - Round 1: Kensuke Sasaki beat Riki Choshu (12:59) with a Northern Light bomb.

3. WJ Strongest Tournament - Round 1: Kenzo Suzuki beat Dan Bobish (5:15) with a spear.

4. WJ Strongest Tournament - Round 1: Takao Omori beat Genichiro Tenryu (15:14) with an Axe Bomber.

5. Masamitsu Kochi beat Takashi Uwano (15:05) with a crab hold.

6. Tomohiro Ishii beat Ichiro Yaguchi (11:18) with a brainbuster.

7. WJ Strongest Tournament - Semi Final: Kensuke Sasaki beat Steve Williams (12:17) with a full nelson Prison Lock.

8. WJ Strongest Tournament - Semi Final: Kenzo Suzuki beat Takao Omori (3:39) by modified pinfall.

9. Big Vader beat Don Frye (11:27) by DQ.

10. WJ Strongest Tournament - Final / WMG Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki beat Kenzo Suzuki (18:04) with a lariat to become the 1st champion.

Credit SSS