TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Last Free Voice

The OAO What's this move thread

Okay, many of us are new to indies or don't know what some signature moves are that we read in reviews. This is where you ask and hope for someone to answer. I'll start, what exactly are the following:

Colt 45 (Colt Cabana)

Your X Right Here (Xaiver)

Dream Sequince (Backstreet Boys)

Feel free to ask or answer.

Okay, many of us are new to indies or don't know what some signature moves are that we read in reviews. This is where you ask and hope for someone to answer. I'll start, what exactly are the following:

Colt 45 (Colt Cabana)

Your X Right Here (Xaiver)

Dream Sequince (Backstreet Boys)

Feel free to ask or answer.

Colt 45: Double Underhook Canadian Backbreaker

Dream Sequence: Johnny bearhugs the guy, lifts him slightly off the ground. Trent connects with a Hart Attack bulldog, Johnny applies a Boston crab, Trent bounces off the ropes and hits a legdrop to the back of the opponent's head, Johnny releases the crab, does a dance backwards towards the opponent's head and then applies an Oriental Clutch. Trent bounces off the ropes twice and then hits a baseball slide dropkick.

wow. I hope the BSB's are added to the 1/10 RoH show. That sounds awsome.

What are the following?

Alex Shelley's It Came From Japan

Indian Summer (Sonjay)

Ruckus - Parker, Purple Haze

Red - Red Eye

Chance Beckett - Chance Enounter

Low Ki - Final Four, Crush Combo, Crush Rush

Carnage Crew - Carnage Driver

Outkast Killaz - West Coast Killer

The DRS: The Dirty Rotten Driver

Ghost Shadow: the Mad Scientist Bomb

Jay Lethal - That's All She Wrote

Mike Kruel - Kruel Intentions

Chris Stylz - Stylzplex

Derek Frazier - The Afterburner

GQ (CZW) - The Photo Finish

Mamaluke - Divorce Court

Zandig - the Powerlizer

Thanks in advance.

the only one I have even heard of is the final four, let me find a pic.... here we go....

berk.jpg

Not sure how much help I can be.. but I'll try.

Ruckus - Parker, Purple Haze

The Parker is a Powerbomb into a Cutter (though that could also be the Chronic...)

And I'm drawing a blank on the Purple Haze though I seem to remember that's it a series moves rather than a single move.

Sonjay's Indian Summer is also known as the Muscle Buster (or Mexican Stretch buster in SD:SYM) Sorta like the Colt 45 only the guy's neck takes the impact. Damian 666 also does it.

Divorce Court is a Single Arm DDT (at least that's what Joey Styles called it when Douglas did it in ECW)

Krush Rush is where LOW-KI gets the guy up for the Ki-Crusher but runs him into the corner instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

If your description of the Indian Summer is correct you may also know it as Chris Sabin's Future Shock. Tho he drops to his back rather than to his BUTT.

Guest j.o.b. squad

parker is the dragon sleaper into a facebuster

divorce cort is a ddt only you are grabing the arm and not the head with the idea that it works over the schoulder.

styles plex is just an exploder

Guest ToddRoyal

Krush Combo is when Ki has his opponent on his hands and knees, grabs them by the back of the head and hits them with a bunch of kicks to the face, dragging them around the ring when he does it.

Thanks for the info, peeps.

Regarding the Chronic - I keep huge movelists for each fed, CZW, ROH, TNA, WWE, XPW, IWS, AJPW, NJPW, Toryumon, FMW, ECW, and some others and I have the Chronic listed as an Armtrap (Both of the victim's arms stretched behind his legs) into a Cutter, where Ruckus then lifts the arms and in the process catapults the victimi into the air and he ends up in a powerbomb and as the rotation continues, falls face-first to the mat, at which time Ruckus catches him w/ the Cutter.

Sounds like Divorce Court = an Armbar DDT (Jeff Jarrett used to use a Tornado version from the middle buckle).

It's wierd b/c I've seen the guys mentioned use many of the moves described, but never knew what they were termed.

Any other info on those I asked about above would be awesome. Thanks again.

A couple more ? marks:

Ki: Scorpion Fire

Chris Hero - the Johnny Saint Special

Edited by LucharesuFan619

Guest Real F'n Show

ok I saw B-Boy do this move once where he lifts them on his shoulder in a dominator style postion, then he spins the guy into a sorta DDT/brainbuster. Anyone know what its called.

Also what is the Backseat Driver exactly?

ok I saw B-Boy do this move once where he lifts them on his shoulder in a dominator style postion, then he spins the guy into a sorta DDT/brainbuster. Anyone know what its called.

Also what is the Backseat Driver exactly?

Backseat Driver = Johnny Kashmere's singles version is an inverted facelock suplex lift into a stunner (Chris Hamrick's Dixie Drop, but with an inverted facelock suplex lift, instead of a regular suplex lift)

The BSB's double-team Backseat Driver is also sometimes called the TRM, and it's a Double Hiptoss into a (they catch them before they hit the mat) Sitdown Powerbomb [Acid]/Neckbreaker [Kashmere] combo. They sometimes just ignore the hiptoss part, though.

I've seen the clip of the B-Boy move you speak of, but I'm not sure what it's called, or if it even has a name.

Just came across this...

MLW used my move list for its Sonjay Dutt bio. All the moves they listed are used just like they listed them. Guess someone in MLW has been reading ObsessedWithWrestling.com...nice...no complaints there.

Edited by LucharesuFan619

Guest Jimbo

For anyone who has seen the Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies tape or was at the show, what was the move called done by the Purists' John Walters where he pulled Dunn off of Mamaluke's shoulder's and did this backbreaker-like move with his shins. It's realy hard to explain, so hopefully someone can help me out here...*stares at Nevermortal*...he sorta pulled 'em down from the back, with his shins in Dunn's back and dropped him to the mat....

Afterwards, he did another choke hold where he pulled Dunn's arms back in a surfboard-like manuever and wrapped his feet around Dunn's neck...

Haven't seen much of Walter's myself, so that might of been the only time he did either of those moves, but some names, or even just a better description would be helpful, thanks

For anyone who has seen the Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies tape or was at the show, what was the move called done by the Purists' John Walters where he pulled Dunn off of Mamaluke's shoulder's and did this backbreaker-like move with his shins. It's realy hard to explain, so hopefully someone can help me out here...*stares at Nevermortal*...he sorta pulled 'em down from the back, with his shins in Dunn's back and dropped him to the mat....

Afterwards, he did another choke hold where he pulled Dunn's arms back in a surfboard-like manuever and wrapped his feet around Dunn's neck...

Haven't seen much of Walter's myself, so that might of been the only time he did either of those moves, but some names, or even just a better description would be helpful, thanks

OMG JIBMO INVADES TSM~!

I believe the submission hold he did was a Full nelson, except he applied it with his legs.

Xavier does a move like Walters did but he does it on the mat, not off the top.

Guest ToddRoyal

Oh, Alex Shelley's It came from Japan is A straightjacket Northern Lights Bomb. I didn't see that on the list before.

Krush Rush is where LOW-KI gets the guy up for the Ki-Crusher but runs him into the corner instead.

I'd like to take this time to point out that I FUCKING HATE THIS MOVE!!!

I mean, what the shit? He could just give him a Ki-Krusher and win. It makes little sense, psychology-wise.

Having seen few Samoa Joe matches, I believe the Island Driver is an Emerald Fusion. It's basically a sit-out tombstone, only your opponent is kinda hanging over your shoulder, not right in front of you...savvy? (I have no idea why I just decided to use that term).

A Muscle Buster is like a double-leg hook sit-down Fisherman's buster.

The best way to explain it is this: In this one Red/Jay Briscoe match, Red was on the ropes looking for a Tornado DDT. Jay countered, tucked Red's head under his arm, then grabbed the crook of both of Red's knees, one with each hand. He then pulled Red off the buckles, held him up vertical (So that Red was kinda sammiched - he was basically looking at his knees, if memory serves) then sat down.

That make sense?

Having seen few Samoa Joe matches, I believe the Island Driver is an Emerald Fusion. It's basically a sit-out tombstone, only your opponent is kinda hanging over your shoulder, not right in front of you...savvy? (I have no idea why I just decided to use that term).

A Muscle Buster is like a double-leg hook sit-down Fisherman's buster.

The best way to explain it is this: In this one Red/Jay Briscoe match, Red was on the ropes looking for a Tornado DDT. Jay countered, tucked Red's head under his arm, then grabbed the crook of both of Red's knees, one with each hand. He then pulled Red off the buckles, held him up vertical (So that Red was kinda sammiched - he was basically looking at his knees, if memory serves) then sat down.

That make sense?

Yes and since I saw that Red/Briscoe match I know what your talking about.

Kinda...Technically, it's a Side Michinoku Driver II, without the sitout. Rather, you sit to the side and drop them to your side. It's the same thing as Tommy Dreamer's Dreamer Driver, if you've ever seen that.

What is Jody Fleisch's 720 DDT?

180 Corkscrew Springboard into Backwards-Diving Swinging DDT - must be seen to be believed!

Fleisch starts on the apron facing the ring. He does a modified springboard, where instead of landing in a position where he faces the ring, like he started, he instead rotates 180 degrees so he goes from facing the ring to ending up standing on the top ring rope facing out towards the crowd.

He then leaps backwards towards an opponent. If he wanted to, he could catch them with a flying back elbow smash, like a non-handspring version of the Tajiri backspring elbow. Instead, though, he rotates AGAIN (after rotating 180 degrees by going from facing the ring when he's on the apron to facing the crowd when he lands on the top ring rope) so that he ends up catching the victim in a front facelock (the hold that a DDT starts in; head under the armpit). By this point, his feet are a few feet away from touching the mat. Before they finally touch it, he rotates his body AGAIN and performs a regular swinging DDT (like Jimmy Rave's Gravity Killer). When he drills his foe into the mat with the DDT, that's the first time he's touched anything but air since leaping backwards off of the top ring rope after doing the corkscrew springboard.

It's really amazing, but believe it or not, like I said in the ROH DOD review I posted, the best Phoenix 720 DDT I've ever seen wasn't done by Fleisch, but by Smokey "Smoke Dawg" Charmichael at XPW Exit Sandman...but anybody who can do it deserves props. It's a BEAUTIFUL move when done right.

Guest Real F'n Show

ok Chris Sabin uses some moves that I've probably seen him use before but I never know which move is which. What are:

The Sabalizer

The Bum Rush

The Cradle Shock

The Leap of Faith

The Over Easy

And whats that swinging backbreaker thing he uses called? I think its the Bum Rush but I'm not sure. Thanks