TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Last Free Voice

The OAO What's this move thread

Maybe it's just me here - but what the heck is the difference between Psycho Driver I and Psycho Driver III in those clips??

they look about the same to me

What's the difference between a plancha, a topé and a pescado exactly?

And anyone who knows the name, both gimmick and description, of the chokehold submission Icarus uses will be forever in my debt.

What's the difference between a plancha, a topé and a pescado exactly?
erm Pescado I'm not sure what that is compared to the other too.

but a Plancha if I'm not mistaken a Plancha is from standing still to leaping over the top rope using the ropes to give you bounce

Topë is a running dive between the middle and the top rope.

right?

To clear it up:

Plancha is when you get a running start and dive over the ropes to the outside, with or without hands.

Tope is indeed a running dive through the ropes.

Pescado is a slingshot plancha to the outside, from a standing position.

To clear it up:

Plancha is when you get a running start and dive over the ropes to the outside, with or without hands.

A plancha is a standing dive to the outside from the top rope. A running dive over the top is a tope, sometimes referred to as a "no-touch tope". If a flip is done, it's a tope con hilo.

Maybe it's just me here - but what the heck is the difference between Psycho Driver I and Psycho Driver III in those clips??

they look about the same to me

PD III he has their arm hooked across their own throat like a Cutthroat Driver and then Psycho Driver's them down. The lighting off the pale pasty white man makes it hard to see.

I always thought that the Pumphandle Piledriver was the PD I and the Torture Rack was PD II, but I've been wrong before.

Re: Phantasm.

Picture someone holding up an opponent as if for the Razor's Edge, except the victim is facing forward rather than backwards. The attacker then flips the victim over and lands seated, as the victim lands on his back/neck.

That it? I always confuse that one with this Phantom Cradle Driver.

Lethal Injection 1 is a Arm Trap / Cutthroat / Pumphandle / Wrist Clutch / whatever the fuck you wanna call itStraight Jacket Piledriver; foe's own arm is caught a la Regal's arm trap neck breaker; foe is bended down and his other arm is hooked through his leg before he's picked up and Michinoku Driver II'd)--he did this variation at ROH Final Battle '03...sorta looks like DJ Hyde's finisher

Lethan Injection 2 is a Tajiri-style Back-Mounted Octopus into Head Drop; wraps foe around his back so that they're back-to-back and then falls to one side, drilling the victim's head into the mat; it kind of ends like a crucifix pin, only that it's done quite stiffly, rather than relatively gently like a pin

Can somebody tell me what Sal Rinauro's "What-a-Manuever!" move is? He used to use it in NWA Wildside. I believe its either a Half Nelson Fireman's Carry Slam or a Michinoku Driver II but I'm not sure of which. Can someone confirm what it is?