TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

I saw Andrew W.K. live last night

Last night I saw Andrew W.K. live at the Crocodile Rock cafe in Allentown, PA. It was the most awesome experience I've ever had. The first band that played was this strange nu-metal band called Stick Figure. Their lead singer had his face painted red and black and they had a fat guy only wearing boxers playing guitar. They didn't sound that bad, but their singer was pretty annoying as he kept trying to prove he was hardcore by trying to incite violence in the crowd and making pathetic attempts to get over through patriotism saying stuff like, "How many of you are proud to be American? How many of you hate those fucking camel jockey terrorists? Well then you'll like this song, it's called the Osama bin Laden Death March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then the next band was another nu-metal band called Olvo. They were a little more conventional than Stick Figure, but unfortuantely they were also pretty boring. They weren't that bad though. During their set, my friend got kicked out for fighting. There were a lot of hardcore heavy metal kids starting mosh pits, and whenever they came near my friend, he would push them away because he didn't want his girlfriend to get hit. So there was one kid who got pissed off when my friend pushed him away, and tried to challenge him to a fight. My friend tried to ignore him, but when the kid came over again, they started beating the shit out of each other. They both got kicked out for that. After Olvo was done, there was a long wait while they set up the stage for Andrew W.K. After what seemed like forever, the lights went out and heand his band took the stage. The crowd went fucking crazy! He started with Victory Strikes Again, and then went into It's Time to Party. From there, he played (I'm not quite sure of the order, but I know he played all these songs) Take It Off, Girls Own Love, She is Beautiful, Ready to Die, Your Rules, Never Let Down, Party 'til You Puke, and We Want Fun. Then he played Party Hard and about thirty people from the crowd got up on stage with him. Unfortunately, I was one of them, since I couldn't get to the front fast enough. He finished with I Get Wet with all the people still up there. After the show I shook hands with his bass player, Gregg, but I didn't get to meet Andrew. I'm sure if we had waited around I would have been able to meet him but everyone else wanted to leave and I really didn't have any choice. The headliners for the night were a band called Ill Nino that a lot of people were there to see but I didn't stick around to see them. Anyway, it sucked that I didn't get to meet him but it was still great to see him live.

i hate that man's music, but he is a joy to watch live. he has so much fucking energy & so many water bottles it's impossible not to enjoy.

Guest Insanityman

I also saw the Conan before and it was enjoyable (then next time I had to see fucking Fountain of Wayne's "Stacy's Mom" blah). Anyway, prez, where do you live? You could PM a city name or whatever, but I lived near allentown for majority of my life.

I've seen him twice now, the first time (Leeds festival) was great because my stance was 'I'll still love the album, but this is gonna suck' and I was treated to an exceptional live show, both in sound quality and energy. The second earlier this year had a different charm, the set wasn't as good, but I did get onstage and lifted Andrew in the air for about 10 seconds, taking a photo of us with my phone before diving back. My velvet jacket was still SOAKING the next day.

I saw him on Thursday. I am not a fan of his music but he puts one hell of a live show. During party hard and I get wet, his fans crowded the stage, you couldnt even see the guy, but yet he was still singing the song. then during the end, the fans lifted him up and he went crowd surfing on stage. then during the last song, he held a fan (a woman) on his shoulders.

Guest frowned

saw him just after he released his first album, I actually went in order to see a couple of other bands (Lost Prophets and The Coral), but was pretty damn impressed by the show he puts on. Soooo much energy, will definitely go and see him if he comes this way again.

I saw him at the Warped Tour. It was definetly a party. It's just all around fun to be there while he's playing.

His music reminds me of a 3 minute beer commercial...