TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolWrestling

HHH

Batista is not that bad at all......And Orton could be tolerable with time. Some of you guys hate everybody just because they come from OVW. There ARE talented guys that come from there.

God forbid it's not a name from the indies that everyone creams over, meanwhile they've never seen them work.

That's not exactly true. Brock Lesnar isn't really hated around here, and neither is John Cena. But anyway, what the hell is there to like about people coming from OVW? They always come out early and suck ass their first couple of months. I thought OVW was to prepare them.

Guest Anglesault
If Angle goes to raw, he jobs to Suckbag within the month.

Within a month? Why wait that long?

They'll build a feud up.

......And Orton could be tolerable with time

Based on what?

Batista is not that bad at all......And Orton could be tolerable with time.  Some of you guys hate everybody just because they come from OVW.  There ARE talented guys that come from there.

God forbid it's not a name from the indies that everyone creams over, meanwhile they've never seen them work.

That's not exactly true. Brock Lesnar isn't really hated around here, and neither is John Cena. But anyway, what the hell is there to like about people coming from OVW? They always come out early and suck ass their first couple of months. I thought OVW was to prepare them.

Hey buddy.........Not everyone is like Angle when they start in the big leagues. Jericho was sloppy as hell, so was Benoit. It takes time to get into your groove. Also, i distinctly many many people shitting on Lesnar as soon as he started saying he's not very good at all. Same thing with Cena, and people still shit on him.

They praise Low Ki, Chris Daniels, Spanky, PAul London among others because the OTHERS like them, so they'll just go along with it. Even though some of the guys are great, people should form their own opinions

Guest JMA
I also can't help but think people give them the 'guilty by association' tag as they are alligned with HHH.

Bingo.

I don't understand why the OVW vanilla guys and hosses are allowed to "get into their groove" on the TV shows. So what is OVW for anyway? Do they teach you how to do a suplex and superkick then just send you to RAW to get good there? It shouldn't work like that. You should get good at OVW and get your groove or whatever and THEN get on TV.

Hey buddy.........Not everyone is like Angle when they start in the big leagues.   Jericho was sloppy as hell, so was Benoit.  It takes time to get into your groove.   Also, i distinctly many many people shitting on Lesnar as soon as he started saying he's not very good at all.   Same thing with Cena, and people still shit on him.

They praise Low Ki, Chris Daniels, Spanky, PAul London among others because the OTHERS like them, so they'll just go along with it.   Even though some of the guys are great, people should form their own opinions

Dude, Brock and Cena have been out of OVW about the same amout of time as Randy Orton and Leviathan, and it just so happens that neither of them are no where near as over as Cena and Brock. Brock has already shown he can put up a good match, and Cena is improving each week. All Batista does are 3 power moves and Orton keeps sending crowds home. That's the difference.

I don't understand why the OVW vanilla guys and hosses are allowed to "get into their groove" on the TV shows. So what is OVW for anyway? Do they teach you how to do a suplex and superkick then just send you to RAW to get good there? It shouldn't work like that. You should get good at OVW and get your groove or whatever and THEN get on TV.

I agree, but for some reason it doesn't work that way. Plus, you have to take into account "nerves" and being on National TV and stuff. That has to play a part in it too

Guest Ray
Orton is not over. Never was, never will be.

Anglesault = Nostradamus?

PLEASE tell me how you know he will NEVER be over.

If Angle goes to raw, he jobs to Suckbag within the month.

Like I said, it would be great, if only to see the head of every poster explode. :)

Batista is not that bad at all......And Orton could be tolerable with time. Some of you guys hate everybody just because they come from OVW. There ARE talented guys that come from there.

And who would that be? Most people talk good about indy guys they've seen wrestle.

Maybe we hate on them because they're two guys that we've been told plainly will be pushed or HHH will die trying and we just don't think they deserve it.

I'd like to see Kurt Angle move to Raw and job clean to Suckbag.

Oh, I can just imagine the reaction around these parts...

Isn't that basically the same exact post you post half the time, Ray? Is that your whole damn schtick?

"I'd like to see (smark favorite) job clean to (guy smarks dislike)." -- nearly every other Ray post.

Hey buddy.........Not everyone is like Angle when they start in the big leagues.   Jericho was sloppy as hell, so was Benoit.  It takes time to get into your groove.   Also, i distinctly many many people shitting on Lesnar as soon as he started saying he's not very good at all.   Same thing with Cena, and people still shit on him.

They praise Low Ki, Chris Daniels, Spanky, PAul London among others because the OTHERS like them, so they'll just go along with it.   Even though some of the guys are great, people should form their own opinions

Dude, Brock and Cena have been out of OVW about the same amout of time as Randy Orton and Leviathan, and it just so happens that neither of them are no where near as over as Cena and Brock. Brock has already shown he can put up a good match, and Cena is improving each week. All Batista does his 3 power moves and Orton keeps sending crowds home. That's the difference.

Injuries and gimmick has a lot to do with it. Brock and Cena weren't out for a long period of time like Orton and Batista. Also, was John Cena one bit over before the thuganomics gimmick? And it took a WHILE for Lesnar to get over as well. Without their gimmicks they'd probably be in the same boat

Guest Kamui
I agree, but for some reason it doesn't work that way. Plus, you have to take into account "nerves" and being on National TV and stuff. That has to play a part in it too

Then if they're still not getting into their groove MONTHS later, you de-push them. Pretty simple, I think, but the WWE sure as hell doesn't get it.

The Shelton Benjamin approach is the best one, I think- the guy spent a little bit on Heat in meaningless matches getting into his groove. Only after he was into it was he given a major push on Smackdown as 1/2 of Team Angle. Since no one watches Heat or Velocity anyway, this is exactly the way to do it.

Either way, you don't give someone a push the size of Orton's or Batista's without knowing they're in that groove already. I don't think anyone's pissed that they need time to get better, I think people are pissed that the WWE is pushing them right out of the gate without waiting for them to get better first when they are more talented undercard guys who could use the push instead.

-Duo

I think it's more the fact that HHH has vowed to "get these guys over or die trying" after he made his "get yourself over" speech.

Couple that with the fact that they aren't ready for the kind of push HHH wants them to have and you have all the reason you need to be weary of this.

Dude, Brock and Cena have been out of OVW about the same amout of time as Randy Orton and Leviathan, and it just so happens that neither of them are no where near as over as Cena and Brock. Brock has already shown he can put up a good match, and Cena is improving each week. All Batista does his 3 power moves and Orton keeps sending crowds home. That's the difference.

Injuries and gimmick has a lot to do with it. Brock and Cena weren't out for a long period of time like Orton and Batista. Also, was John Cena one bit over before the thuganomics gimmick? And it took a WHILE for Lesnar to get over as well. Without their gimmicks they'd probably be in the same boat

So now you want to blame gimmicks and injury? So what if people get injured. It shouldn't take another six months to get over. Batista is going through his second gimmick. He still isn't getting over. Orton can't get over because all he does is repeat the same crap. When was the last time Orton even said anything productive? While Cena and Brock somewhat try to change their characters a bit (Brock becoming a whiny little heel, and Cena adding new signature taunts) all Orton does his talk about HHH and protein drinks.

I think it's more the fact that HHH has vowed to "get these guys over or die trying" after he made his "get yourself over" speech.

Couple that with the fact that they aren't ready for the kind of push HHH wants them to have and you have all the reason you need to be weary of this.

I absolutely agree that they don't deserve the monster pushes. As was said the Shelton Benjamin, Cena ways were good. Fine tune on lower grade shows first. The thing is that Orton is being treated like the next coming of The Rock. He get's a ton of TV time.

So now you want to blame gimmicks and injury? So what if people get injured. It shouldn't take another six months to get over. Batista is going through his second gimmick. He still isn't getting over. Orton can't get over because all he does is repeat the same crap. When was the last time Orton even said anything productive? While Cena and Brock somewhat try to change their characters a bit (Brock becoming a whiny little heel, and Cena adding new signature taunts) all Orton does his talk about HHH and protein drinks.

I'm not "blaming" it on gimmicks and injury, i'm saying it has SOMETHING to do with it. When you're on TV, and you're gone for months, do you think you're coming back at the same status if you're still a rookie? Also, What is this second gimmick Batista is doing now? I know you're not counting the Deacon Batista gimmick.

I know what you mean, but they were NEVER over to begin with. When Cena first came people were raving about his match with Angle, and then the rap gimmick came which got him over. When Brock first appear people were talking about how big and strong he is and athletic and look at where he is now. It wouldn't matter if they got injured because what's going on right now on RAW proves that it isn't relevant. Orton still can't get over no matter what they do. Batista isn't THAT over but he is improving though.

I know what you mean, but they were NEVER over to begin with. When Cena first came people were raving about his match with Angle, and then the rap gimmick came which got him over. When Brock first appear people were talking about how big and strong he is and athletic and look at where he is now. It wouldn't matter if they got injured because what's going on right now on RAW proves that it isn't relevant. Orton still can't get over no matter what they do. Batista isn't THAT over but he is improving though.

I'm gonna agree with you on Orton. I think Batistacould improve a lot, but they've done everything for Orton to no avail. Even having him jump the hometown hero on Sunday didn't get him heat. When is enough enough, and time to pull the plug on this push?

I agree. Orton will never get over. Batista has a couple of weeks to prove he can get over, so we'll see then. So far he's off to a pretty good start.

Batista is finally being given a chance to show some promo skills so now he's getting a better chance to get over and we'll see where it goes. Not that I'm completely happy about it, but I'll atleast watch and see.

Guest Anglesault
Orton is not over. Never was, never will be.

Anglesault = Nostradamus?

More of a prophet really.

And Orton won't get over because he is the new Test. A guy who (except for the "look") has NOTHING going for him. His ring work is poor, and he's boring and dull on the mic.

Guest Ray

Isn't that basically the same exact post you post half the time, Ray? Is that your whole damn schtick?

"I'd like to see (smark favorite) job clean to (guy smarks dislike)." -- nearly every other Ray post.

It's true it's damn true

It's true it's damn true

If your so "anti smark" why do you even post here?

I don't even think Orton has "The Look". He looks goofy.

I agree......he's ripped but for some reason he just looks so lankey....HE also looks like a dork from the neck up.

Guest Ray

It's true it's damn true

If your so "anti smark" why do you even post here?

I like getting a rise out of Angle fans?

Seriously, if they made Angle job clean to Orton, this place would EXPLODE. I'm sure there would be a dozen "FUCK WWE I WISH DEATH ON VINCE!!!!" topics after it.

Angle isn't THAT good and Orton isn't THAT bad...

Even having him jump the hometown hero on Sunday didn't get him heat.

He got the biggest heat of the night for that.

Anyway, if I had the choice, I'd rather have Dave Bautista the World Heavyweight Champion than Randy Orton.

Anyway, if I had the choice, I'd rather have Dave Bautista the World Heavyweight Champion than Randy Orton.

Sure he did.....for about 8 seconds when he first tagged in. That's about it

Guest Anglesault

The ACTION got heat.

Randy's next appearence was silence.

Part of getting heat is keeping it.