These artists have been inducted into the R&R HOF:

JACKSON BROWNE

THE DELLS

GEORGE HARRISON

PRINCE

BOB SEGER

TRAFFIC

ZZ TOP

Basically an artist gets nominated 25 years after the release of their first album. The list is then voted on by a panel of experts.

Discuss...

Prince, Bob Seger and George Harrison. The other three make it seem like anyone can get in there.

*awaits the induction of Tiffany and Martika*

Oh yeah, Jackson Browne is all right.

My fave Seger is We've Got Tonight, personally. Though Kenny Rogers, Sheena Easton, Ronan Keating and Lulu did try their best to ruin it.

Holy shit! Prince been around 25 years?

Hasn't Ozzy said he wouldn't show up for the "Hall of fame" even if Sabbath was asked? He's always been against it.

Lynyrd Skynyrd not being in yet is shocking.

I love KISS as mch as the next guy, but there's no way they'll ever be inducted. I've come to realize this and must now deal with it. Rush being omitted still pisses me off, as they've ben eligible for 4 years now.

Legendary Band Was Not On The Ballot For The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

Pioneer British metal band Black Sabbath have once again been snubbed by the voting committee of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, reports blabbermouth.net.

The Ozzy Osbourne fronted band were omitted from the list of the 2004 inductees in the "Performer" category, which were announced earlier today (Nov. 20) by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation Executive Director Suzan Evans.

The Nineteenth Annual Induction Ceremony, which will be held Monday, March 15 in New York at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, will feature inductions from the following artists: Jackson Browne, The Dells, George Harrison, Prince, Bob Seger, Traffic and ZZ Top.

Commenting on this year's inductees, Evans said, "These inductees represent many influential genres of rock and roll, including pop, funk, soul, boogie and psychedelia. We expect this year's show to be unique and exciting with highly anticipated moments."

Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria considered includes the influence and significance of the artist's contribution to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

The Foundation's nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the "artist" category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 700 rock experts.

Four years ago, Ozzy Osbourne attempted to take Black Sabbath's name off of the Hall of Fame's 1999 nomination list, deeming the nomination "meaningless."

In an October 1999 letter to the Hall of Fame, Osbourne wrote, "Just take our name off the list. Save the ink. Forget about us. The nomination is meaningless, because it's not voted on by the fans. It's voted on by the supposed elite for the industry and the Media, who've never bought an album or concert ticket in their lives, so their vote is irrelevant to me." He says, "Let's face it, Black Sabbath has never been media darlings. We're a people's band and that suits us just fine."

Black Sabbath have been eligible for induction for the past seven years.

Source: "Black Sabbath Once Again Snubbed By The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame" www.blabbermouth.net 20 November 2003

In an October 1999 letter to the Hall of Fame, Osbourne wrote, "Just take our name off the list. Save the ink. Forget about us. The nomination is meaningless, because it's not voted on by the fans. It's voted on by the supposed elite for the industry and the Media, who've never bought an album or concert ticket in their lives, so their vote is irrelevant to me." He says, "Let's face it, Black Sabbath has never been media darlings. We're a people's band and that suits us just fine."

I totally agree with Ozzy, meaningless unless it's an open fan vote. Just the small sampling of responses to who was voted in this year on this board shows how meaningless it is.

Best Jackson Browne Songs: "Doctor My Eyes" and "Stay"

It's not called "STAY" ... it's called "The Roadie Song" ..."Stay" is basically an alternate title but "The Roadie Song" is just so much better...like he wrote it specifically for them...

and how dare you snub "Running On Empty" and "Tender Is The Night"

shame...

and asssss for Seger... basically every song on his Greatest Hits is amazing... as is his cover of "Little Drummer Boy" ...I love it...

I like everbody on that list and if everyone performs it will be a damn good show to watch. I think people underplay or don't realize the importance and greatness of Traffic.

Harrison I think is sympathy on account of his death, because his solo career was really lame if you look at it. Shit, are they going to let Ringo in?

I love Jackson Browne and Bob Seger it's nice to see that other people on here do too. My favorite Seger song is the live version of Ramblin' Man that segues into Beautiful Loser. For Browne, I dig Runnin' on Empty and Doctor My Eyes, but of lesser stuff Rebel Jesus and In the Shape of a Heart and These Days.

I like everbody on that list and if everyone performs it will be a damn good show to watch. I think people underplay or don't realize the importance and greatness of Traffic.

Harrison I think is sympathy on account of his death, because his solo career was really lame if you look at it. Shit, are they going to let Ringo in?

Hey, I'm a pretty big Steve Winwood fan, but I wouldn't put Traffic in before Rush.

And isn't Harrison already in the HOF for the Beatles? He shouldn't be in twice.

I love KISS as mch as the next guy, but there's no way they'll ever be inducted. I've come to realize this and must now deal with it. Rush being omitted still pisses me off, as they've ben eligible for 4 years now.

It's a shame about Kiss, too. Their influence on pop culture/record sales alone should get them in. I remember that hearing somewhere that the only rock bands that have more platinum records then them are the Beatles and Rolling Stones, and the only American rock band to have better record sales is Aerosmith.

See, now that is something I don't understand about Kiss. I've heard they have more gold records then any other U.S. band in history, but how can that be if gold records are based on 500,000 albums sold and bands like Aerosmith, Metallica, Bon Jovi and Van Halen have all sold more albums?

Part of the figures may be bloated...I remember on the Kiss behind the music on VH1 they said that they the first pressing of each of their solo albums was over 1,000,000

I totally agree with Ozzy, meaningless unless it's an open fan vote. Just the small sampling of responses to who was voted in this year on this board shows how meaningless it is.

But here is the problem with that.

A) There are just as many fans who think certain groups/artists suck but don't realize their place in pop music history (good case in point would be anyone one today questioning why the Beatles are getting so much attention, or Elvis) and would vote for whoever they liked

B) That being said, A) how are these ballots to be sent? via radio stations? Websites? VH1? Plus for the most part most of the audiences there are skewered to the younger demos. Put a ballot of all those eligable and the majority will be like "Ugh! Who cares about these people they are SOOOOOOOOOO 25 years ago!"

I get why the multitude of award shows are meaningless, but the Hall is supposed to honor history and shaping the culture rather than just a Grammy or whatever

Steve

Harrison being in for the Beatles is fine, but not as a solo artist. Lennon and McCartney are also in twice.

Clapton is in three times for himself, Cream and The Yardbirds.

Neil Young is in three times for Buffalo Springfield, CSNY and himself.

Guest El Satanico

I agree that the fans voting would just lead to bad things in the long run.

The popular artists would be fine, but those lesser known artists that fly under the radar would suffer.

The industry experts and whoever else is part of the committee need to have a strong presense in the voting. They could incorparate the fans in voting process more than they do, but in no way should the fans be totally in charge.

They could do like the NFL does with the pro bowl and have a web site where you can vote on a list of artists.

BTW you think maybe THAT has something to do with them not getting inducted all these years?

Gee you don't want us, well we don't want you!

Waylon Jennings did that to the Country Hall of Fame for years and didn't even show up when he finally got inducted (he was still alive at that point, last year of his life actually)

And one other note, I don't think small responses on a board on a site who's main topic is pro-wrestling is a sign of wheither something is meaningfull.

Maybe there just aren't enough fans of the inductees and their genres that are regular posting members in this folder

Steve