TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest netslob

"...and that's the bottom line..."

What's a scalded dog? Why would you pour boiling water on a dog?

That's one of the JR cliches I hate the most. He means to say "SCOLDED" dog. A dog that has been yelled at for doing something bad lowers its head, turns tail and runs. It's actually a good description for a cowardly heel.

I cringe every time he says it.

One of the most cringe-worthy JR calls I ever heard was during the Blackman/Shanomac Hardcore Title match from SummerSlam 2000. I distinctly heard him say that Shane was climbing the stage structure with Blackman after him "Like Shane is a coon, and Blackman is a coon-dog".

WTF? Last I heard, "coon" was an EXTREMELY foul term for a black person. So unless I completely misheard that, JR was likening Shane's retreat to a black man being hunted by dogs. And bear in mind Blackman (no pun intended) was the face, so it wasn't exactly being critical of such a pursuit...

Guest Anglesault
One of the most cringe-worthy JR calls I ever heard was during the Blackman/Shanomac Hardcore Title match from SummerSlam 2000. I distinctly heard him say that Shane was climbing the stage structure with Blackman after him "Like Shane is a coon, and Blackman is a coon-dog".

WTF? Last I heard, "coon" was an EXTREMELY foul term for a black person. So unless I completely misheard that, JR was likening Shane's retreat to a black man being hunted by dogs. And bear in mind Blackman (no pun intended) was the face, so it wasn't exactly being critical of such a pursuit...

Coon=Raccoon.