TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

WHY do you enjoy Nwa Tna ???

Even though I do know that he does bait people sometimes, Dave does at least put forth an effort to try to watch TNA whenever he can. He has said that he does try to download the stuff whether they are just matches or the whole show. I have a simple solution for people to stop sayin stuff about how he does see the show: Send it to him. If he doesn't watch it, then it's his own fault. Hell, if I could get the shows every week and had a connection faster than a 56K modem, I would always download the shows no matter what people would say cuz I just wanna see wrestling. I am sure that Dave is in the same boat as me. If he has a high speed connection, why doesn't someone try to help the dude out. A little kindness can go a long way. :headbang: :cheers:

Guest dvkorn

Originally, the reason i liked TNA was only because of Jeff Jarrett... He drew me to the product... Honestly i don't think i would like the product as much as i do if it wasn't for him... I probably wouldn't have checked out TNA from week 1 if it wasn't for him...

But i have seen the shows from the beginning and even though i am half a world away and only get shows once a month... i still get the tapes to catch up and everything... and it is a great product... Some of the shows that have supposedly been bad on here like the one where SEX dressed up in full camaflauge and Army gear i enjoyed... It had an awesome, awesome XXX Vs New Church match, even with the shitty finsih it was a great match... and it had a great Raven/AJ segment...

Anyway, back to the topic on hand.... the reason i like TNA now is that i really enjoyed the product... Jarrett in fine form... Raven back to his best and AJ a new star on the rise... plus guys like Sabin, Daniels, AMW, Abyss, Callis, etc are a joy to watch... The storylines are usually quite good and the wrestling is mostly at least quite decent...

Guest JacK

Yeah! I know! I read the stuff about some of the ones we see and everyones like 'It Sucks.' And then I think 'What? That was brilliant.' Maybe it's because the whole once a month less-is-more thing.

Oh...I'm also fascinated by the mindset of the company.

AJ Styles loses the title...Let's push him as the best guy on the roster NOW!

honestly, I think being able to follow the whole thing on 2 hours a week is a upside for me.

Um...isn't that AJ point a bad one ?

When I was still watching WWE, I was only watching Smackdown and could follow it on two hours a week!

Guest TDinDC1112
I have a simple solution for people to stop sayin stuff about how he does see the show: Send it to him.

And who is going to pay for that?

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
Even though I do know that he does bait people sometimes, Dave does at least put forth an effort to try to watch TNA whenever he can. He has said that he does try to download the stuff whether they are just matches or the whole show. I have a simple solution for people to stop sayin stuff about how he does see the show: Send it to him. If he doesn't watch it, then it's his own fault. Hell, if I could get the shows every week and had a connection faster than a 56K modem, I would always download the shows no matter what people would say cuz I just wanna see wrestling. I am sure that Dave is in the same boat as me. If he has a high speed connection, why doesn't someone try to help the dude out. A little kindness can go a long way. :headbang: :cheers:

Sorry Dude...I'm in 56K Land. I can onl;y afford my current "anytime" deal because I got a pay rise in work - a broadban connection would be pushing it

I have a simple solution for people to stop sayin stuff about how he does see the show: Send it to him.

And who is going to pay for that?

As I've said about a million times....ME

Sting, Aj Styles, Jeff Jarrett, D'Lo Brown, Raven, Shane Douglas, and Jerry Lynn are the main reasons I watch the company. All are great wrestlers and atleast decent on the microphone. I also tune in because even the worst TNA show i've seen is better then the best RAW in the past 4 years.

He's not crazy, I agree with him.

Tell me something.

What is the worst TNA show you have seen ? I've seen some awful TNA shows.

I've also seen some amazing RAW shows in the last 4 years.

I also tune in because even the worst TNA show i've seen is better then the best RAW in the past 4 years.

::waves goodbye to credibility::

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

The last 18 months is more credible to say than FOUR YEARs. Raw FUCKING OWNED in 2000 & parts of 2001. It was last year when it started to slip.

<spin control>He's only seen one TNA show: The Super X show, which would therefore be both the best and worst TNA show he's ever seen, and therefore better than any RAW in the past 4 years...ehem.</spin control>

Sorry guys imo WCW and WWF both have sucked since late 99. Just a note I've just started watching TNA in April of this year. I have my opinion....What I said is how I feel so lay off.

Edit: That first line should say "WCW and WWF sucked since late 99." Since WCW is just a wee bit dead now ;)

Guest vicvenomjr

Because, outside of the Goldy cell phone segment, the show has made complete sense throughout it's history.

Guest vicvenomjr

I also tune in because even the worst TNA show i've seen is better then the best RAW in the past 4 years.

*****I completely agree. The only Raw on the level of TNA in the past four years was the return of the NWO when they almost killed the rock.

Guest TDinDC1112

*****I completely agree. The only Raw on the level of TNA in the past four years was the return of the NWO when they almost killed the rock.

Do you guys remember what WWF was like in 2000. Hell, they've even had some really good RAW's in the last 2 months. I guess it's true when they say wrestling fans can't remember anything past 2 years.

Guest vicvenomjr

Those seemiongly great Raws in 2000 were just recycled chapters of a story we've already read. Note how no new stars were emerging, outside of Angle. If so, name one Raw that really stood out during the past 4 years, it's tough.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Those seemiongly great Raws in 2000 were just recycled chapters of a story we've already read. Note how no new stars were emerging, outside of Angle. If so, name one Raw that really stood out during the past 4 years, it's tough.

E-C-Dub! E-C-Dub!

Austin/UT drawing a monster rating the night after KOTR 99, possible the biggest rating for a segment in Raw HISTORY.

Raw is Owen.

RAW's during March with Rock/Hurricane segments. GOLD!

Hogan/Rock confrontation from 2/18/02 RAW.

RAW healdined by Benoit/Austin in Canada with the screwjob finish...with hart family members in attendance.

Those are ones that role off top of my head.

Raw was extremely entertaining throughout 2000. A lot of new stars emerged, but didn't quite get to the top (Benoit, Guerrero, Tazz) and every show had me anticipating the next one. I waited on the edge of my seat all day because I could not wait to watch wrestling at night!

Nowadays, I frequently forget that Smackdown is even on.

I'm probably the only person who thinks this year has been the best year for WWE booking since Russo left, right?

2000 : Yes, we have these four talented guys from WCW.....and wel'l do NOTHING with them. Plus Fully Loaded really soured me on the product

2001 : Invasion. Sorry, but they screwed up the one unscrewable storyline they had

2002 : Katie Vick.

This year, on the other hand, had Team Angle, Jericho-Micheals, Mr.America (which, for a few weeks, was riotusly entertaining), and the current Raw Is Romance, to name but few awesome storyline.

As for Ringwork...beat Benoit-Angle...I dare ya

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Calling 2003 better than 2000 is the funniest shit I've ever read. Why?

2000 = Almost ALL PPV's were awesome.

2003 = Hey! This didn't suck as much as I was thinking! Go WWE!

2000 = HHH working his ass off as one of only few main eventers available.

2003 = HHH constantly injured, can't work good matches anymore, plays more politics.

2000 = No Stephanie booking.

2003 = She has nearly final say until she reports to her father.

Exactly. In 2000, we went into PPV's with massive expectations, and I, for one, was let down most of the time (Wrestlemania, KOTR, Fully Loaded, Unforgiven, No Mercy, Survivor Series, Armageddon)

I've gone into 2003's PPV's with really low expectations, and been pretty pleased with what I've seen.

2003 = HHH constantly injured, can't work good matches anymore, plays more politics.

Oh I'm sorry, who's jobbed to Bill Goldberg on consecutive PPV's, works most of time injured, because HE WANTS TO, and who's next program will "attempt" to put over a rookie (who, admittedly, doesn't deserve the rub (I'd prefer Batista in his spot)

2003. Daddy...I'm gonna put Chris Benoit in a program with Kurt Angle, ummmkay, because they have really good chemistry together, and some pretty good matches.

2000. Hey, Vince, we have these really talented guys, Chris's Benoit, and Jericho, and Kurt Angle, and all three of them are so over, were gonna have them lose at the PPV thats being built around puting them over. In addition, wer'e letting that Undertaker guy SQUASH Kurt Angle, because he cant work

Calling 2003 better than 2000 is the funniest shit I've ever read. Why?

Yeah, 2000 was a much better year as far as quality goes than any year since. Let us compare PPVs.

Royal Rumble 2000 vs Royal Rumble 2003

2000 had Foley/HHH in what's considered to be a hardcore classic.

2003 had Angle/Benoit in what's considered to be an all-time classic.

Winner: 2003

No Way Out 2000 vs No Way Out 2003

2000 had Big Show upsetting The Rock and HHH retiring Mick Foley in a good HIAC match.

2003 had The Rock beating Hulk Hogan and Triple H beating Scott Steiner in two somewhat watchable matches.

Winner: 2000

WrestleMania 2000 vs WrestleMania X9

2000 had a good triangle ladder match between three hot tag teams (Edge/Christian, Hardyz, Dudleyz), an outstanding triple threat with three "future main eventers" (Jericho, Benoit, Angle) and a fatal four way that boasted "A McMahon in every corner!" (Rock/HHH/Big Show/Foley).

X9 had a final battle between The Rock and Stone Cold, an awesome HBK/Y2J battle, two 50 year old men punching each other (McMahon/Hogan) and one of the most dramatic world title matches ever (Lesnar/Angle).

Backlash 2000 vs Backlash 2003

2000 had a great HHH/Rock main event. It also featured an awesome Jericho/Benoit match and a rare treat in Essa Rios vs Eddie Guerrero.

2003 had a great Los Guerreros vs Team Angle match... and that's about it. Oh yeah, Goldberg got booed out of the building in his debut match against The Rock.

Judgement Day 2000 vs Judgement Day 2003

2000 had an Iron Man match between The Rock and Triple H, who were in the midst of an awesome rivalry. There was another Jericho/Benoit match that continued a feud where both guys were getting over.

2003 had a stretcher match between The Big Show and Brock Lesnar and Raw's main event was Kevin Nash returning to a main event position against Triple H. There was a critically acclaimed Team Angle vs Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri ladder match, but that couldn't save an aweful card.

King of The Ring 2000 vs Badd Blood 2003

2000: One of the lesser PPVs from 2000. Fun main event with The Rock, Undertaker, and Kane taking on Triple H, Shane McMahon, and Vince McMahon. Kurt Angle wins the KOTR tournament by beating Rikishi in the finals.

Badd Blood: Watchable HIAC between Kevin Nash and Triple H. Fun HBK/Ric Flair bout and another watchable Goldberg vs Chris Jericho match.

Fully Loaded 2000 vs Vengeance 2003

2000: Awesome Rock vs Benoit and Jericho vs Triple H matches! Both were **** classics! Other good matches included Saturn vs Guerrero and Undertaker vs Kurt Angle. Great heat all around!

2003: Another winner! Awesome Guerrero vs Benoit, WGTT vs Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman, John Cena vs Undertaker, and Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar and the Big Show. July is typically a good month for WWE ppvs.

Winner: 2003 (barely)

Summerslam 2000 vs Summerslam 2003

2000: First ever TLC match becomes **** classic. Also a good triple threat between The Rock, Triple H, and Kurt Angle main eventing his first ppv.

2003: Elimination chamber match featuring Triple H, Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, and Shawn Michaels. Horrible finish with Triple H getting one bit of offense (sledgehammer shot) in on Goldberg and winning.

Unforgiven 2000 vs Unforgiven 2003

2000: The Rock retains WWF title against Chris Benoit, Undertaker, and Kane. Triple H pins Kurt Angle earlier on the show as well.

2003: Goldberg ends Triple H's reign of terror and becomes World Champion. Kane also gets a fluke victory over Shane McMahon.

No Mercy 2000 vs No Mercy 2003

2000: Kurt Angle beats The Rock for his first WWF Championship. Triple H also beats Chris Benoit. Stone Cold also makes his in ring return to completely destroy Rikishi.

2003: Brock Lesnar retains WWE Championship against Undertaker in a biker chain match. Vince McMahon also defeats his daughter to send her off tv for a while. Kurt Angle goes over John Cena and Big Show beats Eddie Guerrero for U.S. title.

Survivor Series 2000 vs Survivor Series 2003

2000: Stone Cold drops a car with Triple H inside from about 30 feet in the air, which sends Triple H away from tv for a few weeks. Worst ending ever. Meanwhile, Kurt Angle retains WWF title against Undertaker, with help from Eric Angle posing as a double. The Rock also defeats Rikishi.

2003: Eric Bischoff's team defeats Stone Cold's team, which sends Austin off of tv. Vince McMahon beats Undertaker in a buried alive match and Goldberg retains his World title against Triple H. In the Smackdown elimination match, John Cena gives The Big Show an FU and Chris Benoit makes Brock Lesnar tap out.

That gives 2003 four victories in my book. Let's see if Armegeddon this year can top 2000's Six man HIAC and Jericho/Kane last man standing match.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Paul Heyman was behind most of the Smackdown booking so thank him for good Benoit/Angle matches until he was dismissed from his spot.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Everytime I make any point, be it a legit one (and I've made several this week alone), or just angry rantings (as it stands, im off work with a chest infection and the flu, so my angry ranting quotient is up) SOMEONE, and it's usually you or Mad Dog pops up and says, "No, your'e wrong...your'e a fag who doesn't even watch TNA, etc, etc" Thats flaming

If, people, like you, were to respect my opinions as a SEPERATE OPINION to yours, I could go on all night about the stuff I actually like about TNA

As it stands now, you get nothing

First off, I've never once called you a fag for stating your opinion. NEVER. Also, when you post rants here and half of the shit you say is inaccurate, then yeah I am gonna point it out. If you don't even watch a show, why should you be able to criticize it? Well, you can. But your gonna hear it from everyone on the board. I respect your opinions, that is when they are stated with intelligence. Just like right now I am reponding to you saying that I called you a fag, which is a statement showing what little intelligence that you have. Considering that I never said anything of the sorts to you. So next time your gonna say something like that, get your shit straight, otherwise you deserved to be flamed by half the board. :bonk: