TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RHR

Who is smark-proof?

Guest wildpegasus
Yep...If people can talk about Shawn being a horrible draw among others...You HAVE to acknowledge that Steamboat nearly bankrupt NWA.

I still laugh at how people thought Hogan was so afraid that Steamboat would overtake him that he purposely sabotaged his run with WWF.

From a Ricky Steamboat interview from IGN

Ricky Steamboat: No. I has heard that when George Scott was booking for Vince McMahon back in 1985, 1986, that there was consideration that George wanted to put the belt on me, but Hogan squashed that real quick. With the company surrounded and being built up around Hogan, it wasn't really hard for him to convince Vince, and it wasn't too long after that that George was no longer booking. What started it was I was having a feud with Don Muraco and Mr. Fuji at the time and I think Hogan was working with the Iron Sheik. They would work Madison Square Garden and draw X amount of dollars, and then I would come in as the main event with Don Muraco and we would out draw them. And it started happening all over. They would go to Detroit with their main event, then we would follow them with ours a little later and we'd out draw them. So it got in George Scott's mind to consider sending the WWF belt my direction, but it didn't get far.

Guest BionicRedneck

So which matches are "smark-proof"?

I can't think of any matches that don't get hate.

Guest BionicRedneck

I dunno, alot of people say that the Ladder Match is better, thus insulting the Bret-Owen match ;)

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Sting's no selling superface stuff gets him shit too

So far no hate for Funaki

What about Taz?

Steven Richards?

Saturn?

Guest Dynamite Kido

Jumbo Tsuruta

Mitsuhara Misawa

Toshiaki Kowada

Dynamite Kid

Chris Benoit.........I think that is about it.

Guest Dynamite Kido
There are a few people with a few bad things to say about Mr Benoit...

Where do they live?

::punches hand in angry manner::

:angry:

Guest Rob Edwards

Hokuto/Kandori? be hard for anyone sane to hate that match

Guest Coffey

I can't think of a single person whom is smark proof. Hell, I disagree with a lot of the names dropped in this thread myself.

What about Taz?

Steven Richards?

Saturn?

Taz and Funaki are short

Stevie is underrated

Saturn has no interview skills

Guest BionicRedneck

6/3/94.

Probably the most protected mens match in wrestling history.

People always complain that the wrong man won.

Guest FatLesnar
6/3/94.

Probably the most protected mens match in wrestling history.

Are you talking about Masawa/Kawada?

Not hard to hate taz, he was fairly crap really and believed he was actually a great shoot fighter for a while. I don't understand how you could hate saturn, but apparently he isn't the best wrestler off all time in the eyes of some. I'll never get that. :)

What about Taz?

Steven Richards?

Saturn?

Taz and Funaki are short

Stevie is underrated

Saturn has no interview skills

Being underrated or short is a reason for a smark to dislike a wrestler? Um, right.

I think we may have our answer with La Parka, though. I certainly can't think of a REAL reason to hate him.

Guest wildpegasus

We've found our answer. La Parka is smark proof!

And if anyone comes on the board trying to be smart by dissing La Parka I think they should be automatically banned. In fact, if it hasn't been done already I reccomend that this rule be made official by the moderators here.

Guest Goodear

Sure you could make arguements about La Parka the worker...

BUT WHY?

CHAIR DANCE MAN! CHAIR DANCE!

Guest wildpegasus

I love the time La Parka was wrestling in a tag match and he slammed his opponent ridiculously close to the turnbuckle and climbed up to the top rope for a splash. Realising his opponent was too close he once again slammed him in the ring with a body slam and decided to go up the ropes for a 2nd attempt at a splash. However, La Parka gets frustrated one more time on where his opponent is laying and again climbs down from the turnbuckle. He does this a whole bunch of times until finally he places his opponent on the mat with a body slam at the farthest point away from his turnbucle jumping posistion. Finally he goes for the splash which would be the longest in wrestling history if he connects. La Parka being ever the fool purposely jumps only about 1/2 of a metre out. Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in a wrestling ring.

Guest Goodear

I remember this time Parka was working against... Juvy I think. Anyway he breaks out this Mexican hat dance outfit overtop of his usuall bones and breaks into his usual dance (I think this was before he was carrying a chair to every match and was just 'Skeletor' to me at the time). Anyway, he does the dance and my boys and I bust out laughing... and then he tops himself by catching Juvy in midair and DANCING WITH JUVY IN HIS ARMS! We became Parka fans for life afterwards.

Guest RollingSambos

Alright, puro crap aside (since this question was asked in the WWE folder), I think that the Bret vs. Owen steel cage match from SummerSlam '94 is pretty much universally loved. Most people agree that it's the best cage match in WWF history. No one really hates on Bret vs. Bulldog from SummerSlam '92 either. As far as the 80s...everyone seems to love Steamboat vs. Savage from WrestleMania III, and I've never talked to a smark who didn't like Steamboat vs. Flair.