TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SpikeFayeJettEdBebop

Best from Aphex Twins/Radiohead(WHAT SHOULD I BUY)

This weekend(Or uh Wednesday) I am going to get some new CDs. I wanted to get a Radiohead. I have Hail TO The Theif but thats all) and I was thinking about maybe Aphex Twins but im not sure(Dont have any of their stuff) I am into ALOT of music, so make ANY suggestions at all. Possible about the two above bands, but please give other suggestions whether or not it has anyting to do with AT or RH. Thanks.

Get "OK Computer" before you get anything else by Radiohead.

I have no clue on the other band.

First off, Aphex Twin is one guy, Richard D. James.

As a novice, you probably want the Richard D. James Album, which is his most approachable record, I think. Some of his stuff is hard to get into if you're not used to it, but you should be ok with this.

I Care Because You Do is another good choice, slightly less... normal, for lack of a better word, but a lot of people consider it his best work. My opinion on that varies.

Agreed, Richard D James LP is a good place to start, a good blend of his ambeint and faster stuff. Probably my favourite that I've heard. Stuff like Drukqs can sometimes feel a bit patchy and overlong, and it's not for the uninitiated.