TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rawmvp

Stone Cold to return as Stunning Steve?

Guest rawmvp

I didn't get this from any reputable wrestling website, but I was wondering how cool it would be for Austin to grow his hair out, don his old tights, and return as Stunning Steve Austin, which would circumvent the sanction imposed by the Survivor Series stipulations.

Guest JMA

Well, I'd like it. But I don't see how it would affect the SS stipulation. Unless you're going for a Mr. America type of thing.

Guest rawmvp

I'm just thinking of the comedic value it would entail. Austin with gold, blonde locks? Too funny. Imagine the interplay between he and Jericho over who has the best hair! Kevin Nash could even join, so that copious amounts of hilarity could ensue.

I think Stone Cold should be a heel at this point. I was sooooooo hoping that he would go to Smackdown and totally make over his character. Wear suits, no cussing, no beer. I think the antithesis of the Stone Cold character would be such a 180 that it would work for him. And that is about the only way you could effectively turn Stone Cold heel with the marks. You know, since giving the Stunner to a frail girl that won't drink beer with him doesn't turn the fans off.

Guest RollingSambos
I think the antithesis of the Stone Cold character would be such a 180 that it would work for him.

It would never happen because now he admits that his paranoid Alliance era heel character was a mistake (even though a lot of people liked it) and he's all about being the "real" Stone Cold.

Guest Trivia247

he'd look like the Golden Boy Dan Spivy if he grew it all out...

Austin always seem to look like he had a receding hairline even when he had hair. He just looks natural bald.

Guest CronoT
Well, I'd like it. But I don't see how it would affect the SS stipulation. Unless you're going for a Mr. America type of thing.

Stunning Steve Austin > Mr. America?

Stunning Steve Austin < Mr. America?

Or....

Do we even give a crap?

Even I, a confirmed Austin mark, think that's an utterly stupid idea.

I think Stone Cold should be a heel at this point. I was sooooooo hoping that he would go to Smackdown and totally make over his character. Wear suits, no cussing, no beer. I think the antithesis of the Stone Cold character would be such a 180 that it would work for him. And that is about the only way you could effectively turn Stone Cold heel with the marks.

See that's what they should have done to Stone Cold when he first turned heel. Instead he didn't act much different then he did as a face. That and him playing second fiddle to HHH in the Two Man Power trip was why it took so long for heel Austin to catch on.

Guest JMA

Stunning Steve Austin > Mr. America?

Stunning Steve Austin < Mr. America?

Or....

Do we even give a crap?

Even I, a confirmed Austin mark, think that's an utterly stupid idea.

The original poster (rawmvp) suggested that the name change would allow Austin to be on TV again. I was saying it wouldn't make sense unless they were going for a Mr. America type thing (which didn't make much sense itself).

Guest RollingSambos

Yes, yes, yes. Acquire Paul E. Dangerously as his manager, and form the Hollywood Blondes with Rob Van Dam. You may have something here, my friend. An idea that will set a stagnant tag team division on fire.

Does Austin even have any functioning hair follicles left on the top of his scalp?

Hogan's the only wrestler I know who can pull off the bald+long hair look

The fans wouldn't identify with the character because most of them don't remember "Stunning" Steve Austin. If he were to return, he should go to Smackdown and act like the Stone Cold "Killer" character (of 1996). No long celebrations with the fans, no beer salutes. He should just treat the faces and heels the same way, like he did. Problem is, he would still be a huge face. The paranoid/heel is the only character that'd be a bit entertaining to watch.

The most logical thing he can do is stay off television, and return for a program at Wrestlemania.

I think Austin should return as the Ringmaster.

With a top hat, a cane, and midget clowns...yeah, that's the ticket.

I was thinking more along the lines of the "he doesn't speak" part.

he'd look like the Golden Boy Dan Spivy if he grew it all out...

Austin always seem to look like he had a receding hairline even when he had hair. He just looks natural bald.

Even worse. His hairline was alread severely receeding.. imagine how far back it goes now... he'd probably be on par with Hogan's skullet. :P

If Austin likes the new idea, then I am sure than it is a good idea.

Austin wouldn't do something that he didn't like, we know that much by now.

So if he likes the crap that he just did, squashing all the talent over and over, does that mean its a good idea?

Wade Keller had a goofy idea where Austin's "long lost twin" shows up on RAW and plays mind games with Bischoff. That'd be pretty funny actually.

ROCK HOT SCOTT AUSTIN~!

-edit- okay that was actually pretty bad, won't happen again I promise..

So if he likes the crap that he just did, squashing all the talent over and over, does that mean its a good idea?

I think it was stated that Austin was still unhappy with his creative direction, but he probably needed the money after the divorce and trial stuff.

Did he say he liked what was going on?