TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CronoT

WWE Workers who suck more than Tommy Dreamer

Guest One Trick Pony

Any coherent or useful debate that's supposed to be started by this topic?

I always find Suckbag such a nice name for Randy Orton. All of one fucking letter is present in both and it isn't even a play on words or a past gimmick.

Guest CronoT
Any coherent or useful debate that's supposed to be started by this topic?

There's been a lot of talk recently about good midcarders who never got their time to shine, and are having to bend over and take it for the new guys who haven't even earned their place.

Tommy Dreamer is simply the newest example, ala his match with Mark Henry at the RAW House show this past Saturday.

Guest Choken One

Tommy Dreamer=Over rated as they come.

Like most ECW mainstays he was protected in the confines of the ECW style. (This applies to RVD, Tazz and others).

Dreamer, while one of the best promoers and most likely the nicest guy you'll ever meet (pretty much why he still has a job)...Never was special in the ring and You'd struggle to think of any match of Dreamer's that hit ***.

While, Dreamer never had the ability to put on a good wrestling show, he had the ability like Hogan but on a HUGELY smaller scale (the usual 2500 crowds) to control a crowd with his actions (that's because he primarily studied Jake and Terry Funk).

Is Tommy Dreamer a good wrestler? God No. The worst? God No.

Guest wildpegasus
Hidethesausage

Mizark

Big Slow

Nate Jones

Orton

A-Train

A-Train is a good wrestler. Bis Show has had some good performances this year too.

Guest Choken One

The Big Show hasn't been able to rid himself of that stigma of being a bad wrestler because he REALLY sucked 1998-2002.

Yes, He's been very good performence wise this year.

I don't agree with all of the Henry pushes, but this has to be the best one of them all. That doesn't say a whole lot, but for the first time, they're using him as he should be used. Putting Long with him was brilliant, as Henry's no longer forced to do his own promos and he comes off looking better with Long as his mouthpiece.

His in-ring work may not be the best, but to me, he's been entertaining in his role since his return. Dreamer has a lot of heart, but he seemed like all he was good for was getting his ass kicked and eating hair and drinking toilet water.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Dreamer better than Orton? Man, blind hate is a ma'fucker.

Guest CronoT
Dreamer better than Orton? Man, blind hate is a ma'fucker.

Orton was good when he was a solo heel. But now that he's part of a heel stable, he just sucks.

Career-wise, I think it's good that he's starting to go out on his own again, but he gimmick is something that someone like Matt Hardy or Christian would do better with.

As Anglesault once said, "Vince is using a plunger to shove Orton down our throats."

IMHO, Dreamer may have had *** matches with the following people

Rob Van Dam

Raven

Lance Storm

Justin Credible

CW Anderson

True, he is a "garbage" wrestler, but he does it damn well. Remember his hardcore match with Stevie on Raw? Got one of the best reactions of the past couple years.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
The Big Show hasn't been able to rid himself of that stigma of being a bad wrestler because he REALLY sucked 1998-2002.

....But he's managed to find himself on every highest-rated segment in WWE history.

One thing that I liked about Tommy Dreamer when he first showed up in WWE just working heat matches was he actually produced a better formula match in the time given than everyone else. I don't see how he's overrated.

Dreamer isn't a bad worker. He just doesn't work the American Dragon kind of matches that give Smarks boners.

He's a decient brawler and the fans actually like him. He works watchable matches unlike The Big Show and Mark Henrey.

I like Tommy.

Dreamer isn't a bad worker. He just doesn't work the American Dragon kind of matches that give Smarks boners.

Another way that I know that I'm not a "smark" ... I'd take a Tommy Dreamer match over an American Dragon match any day of the week.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Like most ECW mainstays he was protected in the confines of the ECW style. (This applies to RVD, Tazz and others).

Dreamer, while one of the best promoers and most likely the nicest guy you'll ever meet (pretty much why he still has a job)...Never was special in the ring and You'd struggle to think of any match of Dreamer's that hit ***.

While, Dreamer never had the ability to put on a good wrestling show, he had the ability like Hogan but on a HUGELY smaller scale (the usual 2500 crowds) to control a crowd with his actions (that's because he primarily studied Jake and Terry Funk).

Now don't get me wrong, Dreamer ISN'T the greatest worker in the world or anything of the sorts. But I would give Dreamer vs. Raven's final match in ECW (their final battle before Raven went to WCW) ***.

Tommy Dreamer sells injuries like a master, the guy makes you believe his opponent is about to kill him.

He can control a crowd with some of the best.

He's a decent brawler but knows enough about the technical style to run head to head in a match with a person like Angle if he had too.

He may not put on ring classics but the guy can work with anyone, sell better than the whole company, and is still getting cheers despite the fact he is never on tv.

Yet he's benched.

Guest Jimbo

Now don't get me wrong, Dreamer ISN'T the greatest worker in the world or anything of the sorts. But I would give Dreamer vs. Raven's final match in ECW (their final battle before Raven went to WCW) ***.

bleh, that wasn' thaaaat great of a match, rather it was the excitement of the culmination of the fued that amde it 'great'.

I admit that I enjoyed the match, but when you put all of the storyline stuff aside, it hardly stands out.

Guest hunger4unger

Isn't Dreamer pretty much banged up anyway and unable to work a full schedule?

bleh, that wasn' thaaaat great of a match, rather it was the excitement of the culmination of the fued that amde it 'great'.

I admit that I enjoyed the match, but when you put all of the storyline stuff aside, it hardly stands out.

Why would you "put all of the storyline stuff aside"? That makes no sense at all. Are you saying that the storyline has nothing to do with the quality of a match? Nonsense.

Guest BDC

See, they had a chance for Tommy to break out huge when they instead stuck Spike in TLC 4 or 5 or whatever that was. Tommy would have absolutely won over the crowd, but instead, they went with Spike. Oh well, not the biggest screwup.

Guest One Trick Pony

Tommy Dreamer just doesn't captivate a crowd through talking. He however has that ability to make the crowd go crazy for him just from being around. He is really good at selling and his body is shit right now but he still looks good at what he does. There are so many right now who have crappy bodies but can't put on watchable matches i.e. Funk, Steiner. Someone also brought up a great point that Dreamer knows how to work a great match in 5-7 minutes and less. That's something that TONS of WWE's guys haven't learned yet.

Who sucks more than Tommy Dreamer? I would give a nominee to Goldust, Scott Hall, John Heidenrich, One Man Gang, and Bossman... And the winner is (drum roll)...

Bob Holly, Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan, Hardcore Holly, Orlando Jordan, Cade, Jindrak, Thurman "Sparky" Plugg, The APA, Bob "Spark Plug" Holly, Big Show, Randy Orton, Any McMahon.. um "Bombastic" Bob Holly...

Come on, Dreamer really isn't that bad... He gets the job done at least.