TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The second tier main eventers

12 members have voted

1. 1. The second tier main eventers

• Angle vs. Benoit
    • Benoit vs. Jericho
    • Angle vs. Jericho (Not really done yet)

Guest Anglesault

I think it is fairly obvious that Jericho, Angle and (returning) Benoit are the second tier of main eventers, right under HHH, Rock and Austin. In fact, it can be argued that after Triple Rostin are done, JAB will be the new Top Trifecta. Now with HHH/Rock/Austin they feuded in the mid card and semi-main in various combinations before they were solidified as mains. HHH vs. Rock stood out as the best combo. Now, they have already started the same type of thing with Angle Jericho and Benoit, all feuding with each other at some point. What do you think is the stand out feud?

Guest The Vanilla Midget

awesome post anglesault.  they are all awesome matches, but i think you could probably add booker t and rvd to that list, at least in the short term.  i think benoit-angle is the standout, as they are both such awesome workers and all the rest.

the only problem with this is angle's desire to compete at the 2004 olympics, which may cause the wwf to hesitate in elevating him due to the prolonged absence and how they would look very stupid if one of their top 3 stars didnt win.

Guest Kinetic

Judging by the WWF's line on this, I'd say Edge gets honest-to-god elevated into the second tier of the main event heirarchy before Booker or RVD.  They're obviously really hesitant about elevating RVD, for whatever reason.  And they've gone to painstaking efforts to make Booker look like an idiot and a jobber.  

As far as the actual topic goes, Angle and Benoit was a really superb feud.

Guest Brian

Even though I'd like the fresh appeal of Jericho/Angle, Benoit really plays to Angle's strenghs better (mat wrestling), and if Angle doesn't stall like hell they can have a really good match.

Guest Tony149

Yeah, Angle & Benoit had a great feud. As long as they don't have a 30 minute submisssion match. The crowd wasn't that alive for the match since.

I have to agree on the WWF pushing Edge closer to the top than RVD & Booker T. Even though RVD is ready to move up that high judging from the big pops he gets.

Guest RickyChosyu

Personally, I never thought Angle/Benoit reached what it could have. They managed to work a great variety of matches together, but there was never one that was clear above the others and deserving of winning match of the year, in my opinion.

Benoit/Jericho, on the other hand, have had lots of stand-out matches and several that deserved match of the year, I think. Then again, those to have been working together for a very long time, and have had a lot of time to get used to each other's styles and improve their matches.

As for Angle/Jericho, that has been done before, back in 2000, and was basically the first fued for either guy that didn't totally suck. It was quite good, actually, although I'm sure if the two of them fueded today it would be much better (not sure who would play face, though...). Anyway, as it stands, I don't think that fued was on the same levle as Benoit/Jericho or Benoit/Angle.

Guest Anglesault

I don't really like Edge right now(boring as fuck). But as long as it's not Test.

And that Jericho/Angle feud was like a month. They didn't like each other for the rest of the year, but it was just the standard one match defense or whatever.

Guest Haku

Edge needs to go back to the tag ranks with Christian. Test needs to be fired. RVD should stay mid card with Goldust and Booker T shouldn't be pushed to heavily

Guest LowSparkOfHighHeeledBoys
Judging by the WWF's line on this, I'd say Edge gets honest-to-god elevated into the second tier of the main event heirarchy before Booker or RVD.  They're obviously really hesitant about elevating RVD, for whatever reason.  And they've gone to painstaking efforts to make Booker look like an idiot and a jobber.  

As far as the actual topic goes, Angle and Benoit was a really superb feud.

If they would give Edge something decent to do, I can see him as the "guy who they use in Main Events when they need someone to Job" spot, formerly occupied by Jericho and Benoit.

They're reluctant to push RVD, because someone realized that outside of Hardcore title defense spotfests, he cannot string a coherent match together to save his life.

Booker T is a loser and a jobber...for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the hell he ever got the WCW world title around his waist multiple times, let alone once. He was a perfect midcard champion, and should have stayed there.

Angle/Benoit was the better feud out of that trio, if only because it got the most time. I think Jericho/Benoit has the potential to be better if given the right amount of time and a decent reason for it.

Guest The Electrifyer

I see Y2J vs. Benoit as a feud that will be just like Rock vs. HHH. It starts in the mid-card and pretty much last even into the main-events.

I think that the guys like Rock, Austin, HHH, Undertaker that have had there reigns as WWF Champion should be in the second tier main-events and maybe have some feud with the nWo or something. Jericho, Angle and some more up and comming stars need to be pushed into the main events and feud for the WWF Title, we need to see something new.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Hulk Hogan is a multi time world champion...and he can't string together a match to save his life.

I'm just saying.

Guest sebstarr

I know...All Hogan did was bring in millions of dollars and take wrestling to heights it had never seen. But who cares, because he couldnt do a Rana like Rey Mysterio. McMahon was such an idiot!!

Guest Anglesault
I know...All Hogan did was bring in millions of dollars and take wrestling to heights it had never seen. But who cares, because he couldnt do a Rana like Rey Mysterio. McMahon was such an idiot!!

Uhm...2000 anyone? And Hogan hasn't been worth a shit in 4 years and is a selfish son of a bitch.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Um...If he wasn't too busy being shoved in meaningless feuds and curtain jerking...who knows what RVD could do?

He is extremely over...with no help from the WWF spin or push department.

The fact that he remains over despite the WWF's apparent attempt to knock him down a peg...is flat out incredible.

If you read through this forum there is a huge double standard going on.

Hogan sucks as a wrestler.

So does RVD.

That's fine.

Hogan was hugely over and pushed to the moon so it is OK that he sucks in the ring.

RVD is not given any chance to get over (when was the last time they let him do a van daminator?  November?...forget about the Van Terminator)...and yet is.

But all the RVD haters say is that he sucks in the ring.

Hmm...RVD match vs. Hulk Hogan match....I know what the marks would rather see...they tell you everytime RVD comes out.

Hogan?  He had to turn heel because people were booing him anyway.

Thenthe NWO got played out in WCW...

But he could draw!  15 years ago!

Screw New Blood!

Guest Tony149

Hogan didn't turn heel because fans were booing the shit out of him. He turned heel because he saw Hall & Nash becoming over in WCW. So he decided to turn heel and ended up making money. Hogan would of stayed in the red & yellow if he didn't see Hall & Nash becoming over.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

People were sick of Hogan and he wasn't drawing as a face anymore.

Guest Brian

Exactly. Hogan saw them coming up and realized he could lose both with the fans and backstage.

Guest Tony149

I know. I was saying Hulk would of shoved the same shit down our throats if he didn't see Hall & Nash start to take off. He leeched on to them.