TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest theStranger

Worst looking unis of all time!

Guest theStranger

Well I thought this would be a good thread to start so here goes.

MLB- Blue Jays powder blue road uniforms in the early-mid 80s

NFL- Baltimore Ravens (I just hate the colour scheme)

NHL- any Vancouver canucks uniforms before the current one

NBA- the old Denver Nuggets uniforms

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Heh, the old Denver Nuggets unis were god awful. Also throw in the Raptors/Grizzlies, too.

As far as the NFL goes, the old Bucs unis damn near made me color blind.

Guest theWCWRaider

Well...since I hate the Vikings so much, it would also stand to reason that I hate their uniforms as well.

Though the old Buccs uniforms were pretty bad.

Yeah, the old Nugget uniforms...um, what were they thinking? Those were god awful.

Guest Brooding Genius

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the old Houston Astros' jerseys, which were three shades of orange and brown, and reached a whole new level of "gaudy."

Guest Tony149

MLB - Houston Astros. Man, those were ugly and I'm from Texas and biased towards TX teams.

NFL - Old Bucs uniforms

NBA - old Nuggets uniforms

Guest Wonderboy

MLB: For some reason I've always hated the Colorado Rockies uniforms. And for some reason I LOVED those Astro uniforms with the weird colors.

NFL: Old school Bucs uniforms and the Vikings.

NBA: Old school Nuggets without a doubt. I felt so bad for the players that had to wear those.

Guest Below the Glass Ceiling

NFL -  Worst all time would be the old TB Bucs unis.  Orange and white?  They looked more like a bowl of sherbert than a football team.  The current worst uniforms I think would be the Arizona Cardinals, simply because they are so plain and uninspiring.

MLB - Worst all time would be the Orange/grey/black/whaf*ck uniforms of the Chicago White Sox of the 80s.  And let's not forget about their hotpants, either.  Currently, I would have say it is the Anaheim Angels.  Too bright, too gaudy.  Looks more like softball than baseball.

NBA - Worst all time are those rainbow colored Washington Bullets uniforms from the 70s.  What the hell were they thinking?  Currently, none of them are really too objectionable.

NHL - Worst all time is easy:  The Islanders Groton's fishermen duds.  Currently, none of them are that bad.

Guest Don Becker
NHL - Worst all time is easy:  The Islanders Groton's fishermen duds.  Currently, none of them are that bad.

Good lord, do not get me started on the Fisherman logo... they tried to update the look to get people to buy them, forgetting that people would not buy a uniform they were embarrassed to wear in public.

That being said, the hybrid uniforms they came up with - the classic logo with the wave design - wasn't so bad.  Still, I prefer the current design.

As for my picks of worst uni's ever:

MLB - everyone's already mentioned the Astros and White Sox, so I'm going to go with the New York Cubans throwback uniforms that the Mets wore last season.  Honoring the Negro Leagues is cool.  Wearing a uniform that Rey Ordonez almost got lost in is not.

NFL - For some reason, I always thought that the Oilers' old uniforms were ugly.

NHL - The land of the truly awful uniforms.  To wit, I can easily name at least 10 bad ideas:

- NY Islanders "Fisherman"

- Anaheim Mighty Ducks "Duck exploding out of the ice"

- LA Kings' original purple and yellow

- LA Kings' third jersey from the mid-'90s - number in the upper right corner... gotta find a link...

- Boston Bruins current third jersey

- NY Rangers 1970's "racing stripe across both arms" look

- Vancouver Canucks black/red/yellow V design

- Vanoucver Canucks original green and blue uni

- Vancouver Canucks current third jersey (sorry, Scott)

- California Golden Seals green and yellow jerseys

NBA: Someone already mentioned the "Rainbow Warrior" Washington Bullets jerseys from way back when.

Guest Shaved Bear

ok anyone remember the original toronto raptor jerseys, i wouldnt expect grown men to wear these, i mean they looked more like pajamas when i was 8

Guest Brooding Genius

The yellow pullover jerseys that the Oakland Athletics wore during the 1970's were awful.

Actually, just about everything from the 1970's was awful, come to think of it.

Guest spliffstar

Hello good sirs.

I cannot believe that no one has mentioned the atrocious uniforms that the Sixers had a few years back (the gaudy red ones with the garish logo).

Also the Pistons unis with the horse logo were fugly.

Last on my list, please explain what kind of drug whoever designed the Cavaliers black and blue jerseys from a few years ago was on.

Guest arejay

Word splifstar.

As a Pistons fan,  I hated that damn horse they threw on those jacked up jerseys. I'm very happy they reverted back to the original colors.

Guest Vern Gagne

The Padres had the mustard yellow and brown uniforms in the 70's and 80's.

Let us not forget the White Sox uniforms with shorts.

Guest spliffstar

The Padres also had those camouflage uniforms for a few games...they sucked a lot too.

Honestly, I am the only one sick of how sports teams are coming out with 14 different variations of their road jerseys in a cheap effort to boost jersy sales?  

Why isn't one road jersy and one home jersey enough these days?

Guest DrEvil

It's all about the money.  Put a piece of sh*t out there, slap a team logo on it, and someone will buy it.  Either because they're diehard collectors and must have everything, or because they like it.  The teams don't care about prostituting their logo because if it puts some money in their pocket, that's all that matters.

My picks:

MLB - have to go with the Astros orange/brown whatever uniforms

NHL - too many to list, the worst that come to mind

-Islander's "Captain Highliner" fisherman logo, Arrrrr me buckos

-Bruins third all mustard jersey, just an ugly colour

-Predators, the silver is too gaudy and bright

-Canucks, all of them, this team just can't seem to get it right, their current one is nothing more than corporate shill for the owner  Orca Bay whatever

Guest SplendidStorm

All these may be ugly but i like em all for nostalgic purposes

Anywho, what about the Expos away uni's from the 80's the all blue ones? yeesh

Guest treble charged
- LA Kings' third jersey from the mid-'90s - number in the upper right corner... gotta find a link...

kings.jpg

Don, I think this is what you were talking about.  Those were probably the worst 3rd jerseys ever.

As for my choices:

MLB-Those old Padre jerseys were pretty bad.

NFL-I'm going to have to go with the majority and chose the old Tampa Bay uniforms.

NBA-The original Grizzlies' uniforms were an ugly green colour.  The Raptors were kind of stupid, too.

NHL-I hate, hate, hate the Flame's current road jersey.  They had a nice one in the mid-90s, and then they went and made their retarded 3rd jersey their full time road jersey!  I was pissed.

Guest Kwik

NHL-  The Rangers 3rd, with the Statue of Liberty, and the NYR.  I don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way.  Close second and third to the Mighty Ducks cartoonish thirds (I believe it was one of the first "3rd" jerseys released), and the Colombus Blue Jacket jerseys (I hate that logo)

NFL-  I didn't like that Cowboys alternate, with the Stars on the shoulders (I beleive they wore it in one of their Super Bowls in the 90s, if I'm not mistaken)

MLB-That futuristic crap that MLB put out a couple of years ago, the "Martian Mets", God save me!

NBA-Grizzlies, hands down.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Most of the NHL 3rd jerseys are vomit inducing.The Oilers one....thanks,Todd! Did I just see the Avalanche a week ago with a mud colored 3rd jersey with NY Ranger lettering on it? The odd looking bear on the Bruins jersey? Since the 3rd jersey is basically done to scam more money out of the fans..shouldn't they look at least halfway decent?

Guest Redhawk

Doesn't anyone remember the New Jersey Nets' tie-dye uniforms from a while back. They started off a darker blue on top, but were damn-near white by the time you go to the waist. If you remember the Michael Jordan highlight where he weaves through three guys in mid-air before hitting a layup, those were the unis I'm talking about.

Other NBA uglies -- The Sonics' dark green and red from last year, the Cleveland Cavs since they changed a few years ago, the Pistons' unis from last year, the Rockets, the Grizzlies.

NFL -- Broncos, Chiefs (the red is too bright), New England's old unis, the Rams old unis with the brighter yellow and blue, Seattle.

Guest Crazy Dan

Man reading all these posts makes you think that there have been a whole lot of bad uniforms...

so on that note... my choices are

The Oakland A's 70's uniforms, man I love that yellow and green, if one was to stare into that particular uniform, you'd go blind.

The Denver Broncos have had a history of really bad uniforms, from the early days all the way to their current ones that they wear.

The Denver Nuggets also have had bad uni's as well.