TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deancoles

Nagata and Tanahashi retain titles

Taken from puroresufan.com

Wild II learnt a wise lesson today... don't f*ck with Mr. Saikyo! Yuji Nagata & Hiroshi Tanahashi made a successful V1 defense of their GHC Tag Team Title, beating Takeshi Morishima & Takeshi Rikio on today's NOAH show in Yokohama. The New Japan pair were given a strong challenge from Wild II, but in the end their combined technique shone through. Nagata transformed into a crazed killer, and took Morishima to school, forcing a referee stoppage from his Nagata Lock III. After the match, Nagata gave a cold and provocative interview, leading to a showdown with NOAH wrestlers. A fan threw a bottle at Nagata as he gloated on the rampway, so he threw one back and it connected! Mitsuharu Misawa & Yoshinari Ogawa are the leading candidates to challenge next, either on New Japan's 1/4 Tokyo Dome show or NOAH's 1/10 Budokan show, but a STERNNESS combination (more than likely Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito) have also petitioned for a shot. Tanahashi remains the the tag king of Japan, and a 3-crown champion, but still has two title matches left in December.

Update:Nagata & Tanahashi's V2 defense has been officially set for 1/10 Budokan. Their opponents, as expected, will be Misawa & Ogawa

Guest ligerbomb03
A fan threw a bottle at Nagata as he gloated on the rampway, so he threw one back and it connected!

Hahahahahaha :lol:

Thanks for the posting. Glad to hear Nagata-Tanahashi retained.

Guest Indikator

I want a Nagata & Liger tag match in NOAH :P

Good news about the title defense, great news about dickish Nagata

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

I freely admit to being a puro n00b, although I'm learning more and more every day.

Can we assume Tanahashi is the future of NJ????

Guest Indikator

Never say never if Inoki is involved. He only has to lose one shoot-fight or Nakamura has to surpass him and the future won´t be too bright for Tanahashi

Guest Dynamite Kido
Inoki would want anyone who won a shoot match to get a main event run,take Yasuda for example.

And that may be the downfall of the company.

Guest Colonel Meez
I freely admit to being a puro n00b, although I'm learning more and more every day.

Can we assume Tanahashi is the future of NJ????

Nope......nakamura is DA man!!