TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Edge

Since I've been thinking about this for a while, I'd like to share this you guys. We all know that Edge is gonna make his return to the ring at Wrestlemania 20. What I'd like to see is this. WWE picks up from where Edge left off from No Way Out back in Febuary, and have Edge come back and seek revenge on the guy that attacked him and broke his neck. Now personally, I'd like for Edge's assailant to be Jericho. I knows he's rumored for a face turn, but I think he should stay as a heel for a feud with Edge.

As for Edge, I'd have him jump to RAW after letting his Smackdown contract expire, (assuming he doesn't want to work for Heyman) and have Edge tell the world that it was Jericho that broke his neck at last year's NWO PPV. Then, they start their feud leading into a match at Wrestlemania.

But, then again, if you guys have a better idea than me, shoot.

I apologize if this belongs in fantasy booking.

Guest Fook

I don't think it should be Jericho who attacked him. I'd have it be Matt Hardy instead.

As for how to put him on Raw, it wouldn't make sense for him to just show up there. I'd have them say that his SD contract expired while he was out, and have both Heyman and Bischoff/Foley bidding for his services. Having both shows fighting over him might actually (gasp!) make him seem important.

Then, in the end, have him say that since his attacker is on Raw, he wants to go there for revenge.

That could work well . Although Edge will probably be making his return around March, so a post-mania feud could work

Edge is currently scheduled to make his return in early March. So, he might return at Wrestlemania.

Did Edge see who attacked him in the storyline?

I would say, yes, he did.

I don't think it should be Jericho who attacked him. I'd have it be Matt Hardy instead.

As for how to put him on Raw, it wouldn't make sense for him to just show up there. I'd have them say that his SD contract expired while he was out, and have both Heyman and Bischoff/Foley bidding for his services. Having both shows fighting over him might actually (gasp!) make him seem important.

Then, in the end, have him say that since his attacker is on Raw, he wants to go there for revenge.

That would make sense. Other than the excuse of getting beat by Zach Gowen, make it so the reason why he left Smackdown is because he wanted to get away from Edge.

Guest JMA

And he's kept it secret for all this time? That wouldn't make much sense.

Didn't Y2J and Edge feud for like a month or something? For some reason I forgot how it ended, or it never happened. Anyway, if they did, I guess it would make some sense why Jericho would attack him.

Guest Fook

It ended with Edge beating Jericho in a steel cage match and then Jericho jumping to Raw the following week.

And he's kept it secret for all this time? That wouldn't make much sense.

He's kept it a secret because he doesn't want the person who attacked him to know that he knows and remembers.

That way, when the time is right, Edge can surprise that person by retalliating.

...just my theory.

What I'd like to see:

If they go with the Jericho face turn, have Edge come out and beat the ever loving shit out of Jericho and Trish, leaving Jericho bloodied, and have Edge become a monster heel. No more funny boy heel. A total dick heel. I think I can actually care about him again, something I was unable to do when he was a face.

If Edge is going to be a tough guy heel...have him go back to be the silent, never smiling dark force.

That would work for me. If he needs to speak, give him someone to speak for him.

I thought bringing a recently rehabbed wrestler back as a heel reeked of suckness? Completely ruining any pop they could get from the whole "I've worked my way back!" routine? Not to mention, if Edge comes back as a heel and then beats the shit out of Jericho, who attacked and injured Edge when he was a face and Y2J was a heel... well I don't know about you, but I'd consider Edge to be justified in that attack, and not heelish at all.

I thought bringing a recently rehabbed wrestler back as a heel reeked of suckness? Completely ruining any pop they could get from the whole "I've worked my way back!" routine? Not to mention, if Edge comes back as a heel and then beats the shit out of Jericho, who attacked and injured Edge when he was a face and Y2J was a heel... well I don't know about you, but I'd consider Edge to be justified in that attack, and not heelish at all.

Hence beating down Trish to get the heeldom. You want your pop? Have him come out to save Jericho and Trish from a beatdown, then beat the everloving shit out of them. You'd get your pop, then he'd get his serious heel heat that would last. Trish can even be put out of action and Jericho fights for her honor, she of course returns at some point to help Jericho win a match against Edge and all is good. Tag champ Edge reeked of awesomeness but they were trying to push him to the next level. He has to act like the title is his goal and no one is going to stand in his way of it. You want a speaker for him? Give him someone like a Paul Heyman to speak for him.

...Heyman and Edge.

BRILLIANT!

I would LOVE to see Heyman back in the manager role, speaking for a guy like Edge while Edge plays a silent assassain.

...kinda like what happened when Lesnar first came into WWF/E.

...Heyman and Edge.

BRILLIANT!

I would LOVE to see Heyman back in the manager role, speaking for a guy like Edge while Edge plays a silent assassain.

...kinda like what happened when Lesnar first came into WWF/E.

Now THAT'S an idea! If you're going to call Edge a "silent assassin" you may as well give him some sort of vaguely manga/anime-type feel to him. Not comicy cartoony or even openly manga, but something sinister nonetheless. Kind of like Spike, the bounty hunter from Cowboy Bebop, only heelish? Ah, I know what I mean but I can't word it properly.

I still reckon that Edge debuting to attack a face Jericho would be a bad move if it focused on his neck injury. Sure he'd get over heel huge for beating on Trish, but that'd be the problem - the heat would come from him attacking Trish, not Jericho. All he'd be doing by attacking Jericho would be getting revenge on the man who severely injured his neck and put him out for several months. And it wouldn't even be an "accidental" injury (I mean, no-one's really suggesting that Lesnar MEANT to break Holly's neck, are they, even in kayfabe land?), but a pre-meditated attack with one intention - to remove Edge from the match he was going to compete in. I say again, in wrestling-land seeking revenge for a pre-meditated assault is face territory, not heel territory (see Austin, Steve vs Helmsley, Hunter Hearst and Phatu, Rikishi, Angle, Kurt vs Austin, Steve following the piledriver on concrete, Undertaker vs Show, Big, etc).

Guest Burrito

I think heel Edge would kick ass. Silent assasin type with Heyman (or another good speaker) as his manager sounds like a great idea. Does he still have the beard? If so, that'll go along good with the character.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

But why turn him heel for no reason? These are the same logic gaps you yell at the WWE for. Edge was getting over as a face, and the fans aren't tired of him or anything (due to him being out for a year) so why not give him a shot at the next level? AND waste the "Welcome Back" pop? What's the motivation? Where's the character sense?

Oh and arrogant, pretty boy Edge >>>> crazy goth Edge.

Sorry, but he just can't go back to silent heel. Everybody knows he talks, so why wouldn't he? That makes no sense.

Maybe he feels that the people aren't worthy to hear his voice or something.

Guest JMA

Wrestling fans > Screaming teenage girls

Sorry, but he just can't go back to silent heel. Everybody knows he talks, so why wouldn't he? That makes no sense.

Maybe he feels that the people aren't worthy to hear his voice or something.

Come on, that's pretty lame. Why waste a manager on someone who can speak, when there's a lot of people who can't speak who will get pushed?

Wrestling fans > Screaming teenage girls

That has nothing to do with anything. With your logic, a silent Jericho is better than a cocky, arrogant Jericho.

Guest JMA
That has nothing to do with anything. With your logic, a silent Jericho is better than a cocky, arrogant Jericho.

Sure it does. They annoy me. And arrogant heel Jericho is not the same as arrogant heel Edge. Heel Jericho doesn't speak in Valley Girl slang.

I think Edge is horrible on the mic as a face. I think he just sounds ridiculous when he is talking about his "Edge heads". I just dont think i could ever view him as a threat unless he is a heel.

Bring back the conchairto :headbang: