TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest reshad974

Intersting Wrestlemania facts

Guest reshad974

Wrestlemania V : Hulk Hogan beats WWF champion Randy Savage to win the title

Wrestlemania VI : Ultimate Warrior beats WWF champion Hulk Hogan to win the title

Wrestlemania VII : Hulk Hogan beats WWF champion Sgt Slaughter to win the title

Wrestlemania VIII : Randy Savage beats WWF champion Ric Flair to win the title

Wrestlemania IX : Yokozuna beats WWF champion Bret Hart to win the title

Wrestlemania X : Bret Hart beats WWF champion Yokozuna to win the title

Wrestlemania XII : Shawn Mickaels beats WWF champion Bret hart to win the title

Wrestlemania XIII : The Undertaker beats WWF champion Sid to win the title

Wrestlemania XIV : Steve Austin beats WWF champion Shawn Mickaels to win the title

Wrestlemania XV : Steve Austin beats WWF Champion The Rock to win the title

Wrestlemania X7 : Steve Austin beats WWF Champion The Rock to win the title

Wrestlemania X8 : Triple H beats Undisputed World Champion Chris Jericho to win the title

Wrestlemania X9 : Brock Lesnar beats WWF champion Kurt Angle to win the title

13 times out of 17 (the WWF title wasn't defended at Wrestlemania I, WM IV was a tournament to crown a new champion), the challenger did beat the champion. The only successfull defenders are Hulk Hogan (WM II against King Kong Bundy, WM III against Andre the Giant), Kevin Nash (WM XI against Shawn Mickaels), Triple H (WM 2000 against Mick Foley, The Rock and The Big Show, you can also count this year's Wrestlemania where he successfully defends his Raw World Title)

So, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Triple H. Enough said...

WM is the companies prestige event. It wants to put on a show to please the punters, and what the fans want to se the most is a face win the title off of an evil heel, or second best an evil heel win the title from a face. Title changes are good for business, and that's what WM is all about.

Also, HHH's win at WM2000 was understandable as it was an integral part of the storyline, while people only wanted Hogan to win for the first few WM's. Nash winning is the only oddity there.

Yeah, it's pretty much well known that the WWE title is going to change hands at Mania.

That is partly why the WWE Title match has suffered in heat the past two years. Everyone knew Triple H was going over Jericho in 2002 and everyone knew that Brock was beating Angle this past year. The WWE really needs to set up a main event this year where it's difficult to predict a winner, then we'll have a good old fashioned Wrestlemania.

Yeah, for as good a match as it was, I think predictability hurt the Austin-Rock match at WM17 too. Everyone knew Rock was going to Hollywood and that the only way he was retaining was through some ridiculous finish.

Instead the only surprise we got there was the bizarre Austin heel turn.

WM is the companies prestige event. It wants to put on a show to please the punters, and what the fans want to se the most is a face win the title off of an evil heel, or second best an evil heel win the title from a face. Title changes are good for business, and that's what WM is all about.

There are people who gamble on pro wrestling? :huh:

Wrestlemania X7 was almost perfect in that there was no real idea who was going to win between Rock & Austin, it was a good buildup... except Rock was disappearing after Mania to go to Hollywood so we already knew Austin was going to win which took a bit of the steam out of the match for me.

Then they got my interest back by turning Austin but they screwed that up the next night as well ;)

Edit: Beat me to it Tino :)

Yeah. The face virtually ALWAYS wins the big match, because WM is the payoff show for the year, basically. Gotta send 'em home happy.

That's why Nash and Hogan defended the belt successfully; they were the faces in their matches.

HHH? I dunno what the fuck was up with that, considering he lost the belt at the next PPV anyways...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA....Angelslayer, that's the greatest thing I've seen in the past hour...

Guest Dynamite Kido

The three biggest political fuckheads that the company has ever seen (minus HBK in his prime), so this is NOT a shocker.

There are people who gamble on pro wrestling? :huh:

Yep, every time they order a PPV...

Guest Anglesault
HHH? I dunno what the fuck was up with that, considering he lost the belt at the next PPV anyways...

I'm not really sure what Mania 2000 was supposed to accomplish (And I mean at all, from the four way, to all the McMahons, to HHH going over.)

But Mania XIX needs no explanation as to why HHH went over.

Guest Anglesault
I was actually talking about WM 2000...I forgot he lost the belt a month later both times, to be honest.

Both tmes?

This year he held on to it and didn't drop it until September.

I remember it being a big deal with WM2000 and Triple H being the first heel to win the ME at WM. I guess it was the start of the new century as far as WM's go, and it took a little bit away from "the good guys always win."

Guest JMA

At the time I liked having the heel go over at WM 2000. Everyone thought Foley would win, so it was a good "swerve." Of course, Hunter shouldn't have won at Mania as a heel TWICE.

Guest Anglesault

Rocky going over was the only move that made any sense whatsoever.

You build up a world title chase since basically the previous summer, the only logical move is to have him win it on the blow off show.

Nash winning is the only oddity there.

No it's not. Were you watching back then? Do you remember that Vince was convinced that Diesel was the man who was going to lead his company to success? WM XI was only a few months into the Diesel WWF Champion fiasco, and Vince didn't throw in the towel until November of that year.

And besides, if that weren't enough, you could always say that Vince wanted to keep the belt on Diesel because he thought that two main events on PPV between Diesel and Sid for the title was a money-making program.

Guest JMA

You build up a world title chase since basically the previous summer, the only logical move is to have him win it on the blow off show.

Bah. This was back when Triple H was still a good wrestler and smark favorite.

So if HHH vs Undertaker was a title match, who would win?

I smell Dusty Finish out the ass

Takers or Hunters ass?

Bah. This was back when Triple H was still a good wrestler and smark favorite.

Yeah, Rocky really should've gone over. He ended up winning the next month anyway, so the WM2000 ME ended up being pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I don't think that most of the smark backlash towards HHH's win was because he was heel...it was more the McMahon's involvement in the finish. Not only was it bad storytelling, but it served to put Vince McMahon over above anyone else.

Yeah HHH going over at WM 2000 was pointless seeing how Rock won it at the next PPV. But, the worst one was at last years WM.

Let's see HHH brings up Booker T's past as a thief, pisses all over the WCW belt when he's (more or less) holding that belt and says that Booker's "kind" aren't good enough. So, you think after all of that Booker the face would go over. But, no HHH the racist goes over making it the only time I can think of were a acist said blacks aren't good enough and then proved it right.

So if HHH vs Undertaker was a title match, who would win?

I smell Dusty Finish out the ass

Takers or Hunters ass?

HBK as the special ref does a fast count then gets knocked out by a outside bump, a minute later another ref either Earl or Patrick runs in to do a fast count for the other wrestler. But its not over yet, Mick Foley as the GM restarts the match and declares himself the ref for the finish. And still undefeated at WM.........Undertaker wins with a submission.

Yeah HHH going over at WM 2000 was pointless seeing how Rock won it at the next PPV. But, the worst one was at last years WM.

Let's see HHH brings up Booker T's past as a thief, pisses all over the WCW belt when he's (more or less) holding that belt and says that Booker's "kind" aren't good enough. So, you think after all of that Booker the face would go over. But, no HHH the racist goes over making it the only time I can think of were a acist said blacks aren't good enough and then proved it right.

Not saying it's right the way Booker was treated, but Triple H/Booker T should have never been a WM title match in the first place. Pretty much everything on 'Mania last year had a weak build up. Even Austin and Rock. That feud use to be gold but the build up was just awful.