TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RVDmark

Bring in the Macho Man

Guest RVDmark

It has been RUMORED that Hogan may be headed back to WWE so if this happens, I think that TNA should bring in Macho. Sure, he has a crapass rap album out but he has name value and could shoot all over Hogan if brough in.

Guest Salacious Crumb

HELL NO!!!

Seeing Savage wrestle at the 2000 Tokoyo Dome show was enough for me to never want to see him near a ring again.

Guest RVDmark

(And the positives are?)

Name value. Other than Hogan, Rock and Austin he is maybe the most recognized name in wrestling. He may not wrestle good anymore but neither can Hogan and at least Savage can go to the air.

(I saw him in 2000 at Tokyo Dome etc)

Oh and Hogan is a good wrestler? I saw bring him in because the mainstream hasn't seen him in awhile in wrestling and he is known to people outside of wrestling. I saw Ashton Kutcher do the Macho Man impersonation yesterday on Punk'd. Not that it means much but it shows that other people recognize him.

[ Script Execution time: 0.1048 ] [ 16 queries used ] [ GZIP Enabled ]

Powered by Invision Power Board v1.1.2 © 2003 IPS, Inc.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Hogan at this point blows Savage out of the water workrate wise. Hogan can consistently go out, due to the fact he knows how to put a match together, and put on bland inoffensive matches most nights.

Savage just humiliates himself when he steps between the ropes.

Edited by Mad Dog

Guest Salacious Crumb
Goddamn I wish this guy would quit making posts.

I'm starting to think he's some lame troll.

Guest Peter_Griffin
Name value. Other than Hogan, Rock and Austin he is maybe the most recognized name in wrestling. He may not wrestle good anymore but neither can Hogan and at least Savage can go to the air

To be honest, people would watch ONE Savage match in TNA and never want to see him again. Name value is only good if it can last, and I think Hogan's name could last in TNA.

Oh and Hogan is a good wrestler? I saw bring him in because the mainstream hasn't seen him in awhile in wrestling and he is known to people outside of wrestling. I saw Ashton Kutcher do the Macho Man impersonation yesterday on Punk'd. Not that it means much but it shows that other people recognize him

The mainstream hasn't seen him for a while for a reason. He's no good.

Guest RVDmark

Buddy, I'm not a troll. I'm just making suggestions. Like them or hate them, I think that my topics at least bring up debate. Better than some of these other rant or poll topics that nobody cares about...

Guest Salacious Crumb
Buddy, I'm not a troll. I'm just making suggestions. Like them or hate them, I think that my topics at least bring up debate. Better than some of these other rant or poll topics that nobody cares about...

It seems to bring up people calling you an idiot or not responding. I wouldn't really care if you condensed everything to one thread instead of posting a new thread for every thought you had.

While I'm happy every TNA thread now isn't a "fuck Jarrett" thread, does every thread now have to be a fantasy booking thread? It's not relavent, at least consolidate it to one thread...

Guest Ghettoman

How about you don't hire anyone who works with an outdated offense that's gonna clash with all of your young workers and in turn make them look like shit? Sounds like a plan to me....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
While I'm happy every TNA thread now isn't a "fuck Jarrett" thread, does every thread now have to be a fantasy booking thread? It's not relavent, at least consolidate it to one thread...

Here, Here!

Take fantasy booking....(gasp) to the Fantasy Booking Folder! TNA doesn't need anymore has-beens with no talent left in their body pumped with roids (Luger) coming in, taking home a big fat check for doing nothing.

And as the Troll hunt is brought up, I mentioned that RVDmark reminds me of a PBP from the WWE folder with a name resembling that he has now, and he would start topic after topic about crap like this.

Guest Dynamite Kido
TNA doesn't need anymore has-beens with no talent left in their body pumped with roids (Luger) coming in, taking home a big fat check for doing nothing.

I think this says just about all.....

TNA couldn't hire Macho Man even if they wanted to. As I recall, when the WWA wanted him for their Las Vegas pay per view a couple years back, he held them up for a FIVE MILLION DOLLAR paycheck, plus a percentage ownership of the company. (And with his album out now, he's probably charging even more these days.)

Just out of curiosity, how well is the Macho Man album selling? I bought a copy myself just to laugh at it and I burned copies for my friends to laugh at too. No one really wants it that badly.

Hey, RVDmark, do me a favor. Condense all these TNA fantasy threads of yours into one, since they're either all booking ideas or guys you want to see. Stop making a new thread for every guy you want to see brought in, there's no need. You had a "potential additions" thread, so just bump it.

Guest Douche

"A recording industry, Soundscan, which tracks CD sales, reports that Randy Savage's "Be A Man" CD has soundscanned 3,703 total copies. First week, 1,402 copies sold, 951 copies sold week two, and the third week 1,348 copies sold. Soundscan totals that and gets 3,703 copies sold. I added 1,402, 951, and 1,348 and I got 3,701! Those 1wrestling.com ads "Click here and buy my CD ohhhhhh yeahhh" is working well. :-/"

Guest MikeSC
True, but Sound Scan figures for independent releases are always skewed. They never include concert/appearance sales, and that's propably where Macho has sold a bunch.

A bunch?

Umm, I would bet otherwise.

-=Mike

True, but Sound Scan figures for independent releases are always skewed. They never include concert/appearance sales, and that's propably where Macho has sold a bunch.

A bunch?

-=Mike

I was thinking more around the 6,000+ mark.

A bunch?

-=Mike

I was thinking more around the 6,000+ mark.

I was informed by a dear friend of mine that 50 Cent plugged the Macho Man album on either FUSE or MTV.

He called it "Real music"

Yeah, yeah that scares me as well.

If OutKast and Snoop do the same then I may officially be confused beyond all human belief.

Guest Douche

50 Cent isn't exactly a quality rapper himself and if Snoop did it its because Snoop's a good guy. Snoop will put anything over. Hell, he gave GAYOL 9.0 the rub.