TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

Weird indy-related dream I had last night

I would've posted it this morning, but for some reason I just remembered it like now. Anyway, last night I remember having a dream and I was in attendance at a CZW show at Viking Hall. I think it was a recent one, because B-Boy and Trent Acid cut a promo of some sort and Messiah wrestled one of the H8 Clubbers (can't remember if it was Gage or Hatred, although if it was recent, Hatred wouldn't be fighting Messiah, so it was prolly Gage). Anyway, during the Messiah/H8 Club member match, Zandig runs in and attacks Messiah. I'm pretty sure the H8 Club member then exited the ring and went backstage, b/c I don't remember him in the dream again. Anyway, as Zandig was fucking with Messiah, for some reason - get this...Damien fucking Steele (You know, the former-XPW Test-lookalike who was a blahish worker, although he kinda had potential) ran in and started attacking Zandig. Messiah then attacked Steele, only to get punked out. From what I remember, the dream ended with Steele victorious in the center of the ring, and I remember getting the impression that a Steele/Zandig death match was set up for the next show (Don't know if the ring announcer said that or if I just gathered it from what happened, but that's what the dream ended with my getting the impression of). LOL.

Well, thank God that never happened in real life...Steele/Zandig would ridicule the concept of workrate worse than any Prince Nana match ever did. And I don't know why it was Damien Steele of all people...I think the last time I watched an XPW tape with im was like six months ago, and the last time I watched an XPW tape period was like 3 months ago...but for some reason something must've sparked me to think about him.

Anway, now tell me that wasn't one weird ass dream...of all combos, Steele vs. Messiah? LOL.

You dream about wrestling? :wacko:

Anyway don't count on that happening... from what I gather Damian Steele isn't in any shape to wrestle nowadays.

Actually, I believe he still wrestles on an occasional basis in some smaller indy's in the midwest. He worked for IWA Puerto Rico for awhile and UPW about six months ago. But true - last place I'd want to see him is in CZW. Keep him on the no-name indies...or even out of wrestling entirely. LOL.

Based on my reading between the lines.. I think he currently has a drug problem. That has kept him away from wrestling.

Shame though, While not a great in-ring talent.. the guy was a hell of character.

Based on my reading between the lines.. I think he currently has a drug problem. That has kept him away from wrestling.

Shame though, While not a great in-ring talent.. the guy was a hell of character.

Reading between the lines of what? How do you read between the lines of anything and derive that someone has a drug problem? Don't you find that out by, like, reading it somewhere or being told it, rather than "reading between the lines"? Anotherwards, shouldn't something like that be straightforward, as opposed to having to be read between the lines?

Reading between the lines of what? How do you read between the lines of anything and derive that someone has a drug problem? Don't you find that out by, like, reading it somewhere or being told it, rather than "reading between the lines"? Anotherwards, shouldn't something like that be straightforward, as opposed to having to be read between the lines?

Excuse me! LOL

Actually in a few SoCalUncensored.com posts, one said Damian Steele wasn't doing well and in another one Webb said "a Friend" who was in UPW had devolped a drug problem trying to get the "WWF Look" and it ruined his life.

READING BETWEEN THE LINES... it would have to be Steele.

Calm down, LOL. I was just confused about your wording of it. That clarifies it, though-Thanks.

Me? I'm perfectly calm why don'tYOU CALM DOWN!

Actually, I didn't just want to just say "He has a drug problem" like I actually knew for sure. Still if true it's a very sad story and I hope he gets over it and maybe someday returns to the world of wrestling maybe as a manager or something.

Calm down, LOL. I was just confused about your wording of it. That clarifies it, though-Thanks.

Actually, I didn't just want to just say "He has a drug problem" like I actually knew for sure. Still if true it's a very sad story and I hope he gets over it and maybe someday returns to the world of wrestling maybe as a manager or something.

True - and I'm not sure if anyone realizes the irony, and also the tragedy of the situation - Steele's real-life friend and manager during his early time in XPW, Bad Boy Basil, died a few years ago of a drug overdose. It'd be quite bad if the same thing happened to Steele, so hopefully he'll overcome it all.

In tribute to Steele, I post this photo of him, my favorite one which I've seen of him...

battlezone5.jpg

:ph34r:

Guest Ace Johnson

True - and I'm not sure if anyone realizes the irony, and also the tragedy of the situation - Steele's real-life friend and manager during his early time in XPW, Bad Boy Basil, died a few years ago of a drug overdose. It'd be quite bad if the same thing happened to Steele, so hopefully he'll overcome it all.

In tribute to Steele, I post this photo of him, my favorite one which I've seen of him...

battlezone5.jpg

:ph34r:

This post struck me as weird about Bad Boy Basil so I emailed Steve Bryant at socaluncensored.com. Here is my email and his reply.

I have two questions for you that Im hoping you can answer for me. What happened toi Damien Steele? People on TSM are saying he has or had a drug problem. And was Bad Boy Basil ever Damien Steeles manager in XPW? I dont ever remember hearing about him there.

Steves reply:

I'm not sure if Damien Steele "currently" has a drug problem or not, as I haven't heard a word about him in some time. In the past he has had a somewhat serious drug problem, which even lead to his getting fired from XPW after just a few shows in his second run there, and continued after that.

As for Bad Boy Basil he was never in XPW or Damien Steele's manager. He was signed to a WWF developmental out of UPW, which would have prevented him from being in XPW, and then after he was cut from developmental he wasn't really heard of until he died. Damien Steele came out of UIWA / SCCW as Nick Beat, and Basil out of UPW so they probably didn't cross paths too much.

Yes, Basil was in XPW. He managed Steel on the first couple of shows.

Steel also worked as Buddy West in the SWF, where Messiah, Angel, Carlito Montana, D, and several other future-XPW workers started.

Edited by LucharesuFan619

Guest Ace Johnson
Yes, Basil was in XPW. He managed Steel on the first couple of shows. You can tell Steve I told him he was wrong.

Steel also worked as Buddy West in the SWF, where Messiah, Angel, Carlito Montana, D, Messiah's brother, and several other future-XPW workers started. And just to plug him - the owner of the SWF, Verne Langdon, is truly the nicest (not one of, but THE nicest) prestling promoter on earth. Truly a gentleman.

And according to two XPW workers I've talked to in the past - Steel was released from XPW not because of drug problems, but because of his not getting along with Black. And as we all know, a couple of Black's whores in EA were at one point not clean, so he wouldn't have much of a problem with Steel if he were to be unclean, most likely. Not saying that's a definite, but it's likely, based on his other employees, many of whom did some drugs before, according to Jasmin St. Claire's Metal Sludge interview (although in that same interview she lied countless times).

I tend to believe Steve over you when it comes to socal or indy wrestling in general. I emailed him again though.

I tend to believe Steve over you when it comes to socal or indy wrestling in general. I emailed him again though.

Suit yourself - Steve isn't an expert on XPW, or even So-Cal. That's not to say it's not a great site - it most certainly is, and great would probably be an understatement. But at the same time, his unawareness of Basil's role in XPW shows how little he truly knows about the promotion. He's an expert on R-Pro, MPW, etc. When it comes to XPW, he lacks. The article I'll be posting in a month or so about the roots of XPW will alone have quite a task in merely disproving many of the innaccuracies that he spread as fact.

Guest Ace Johnson

Steves reply:

Barber always amazes me.

Anyway, Bad Boy Basil was never in XPW. Not for a single show. Damien Steele did have a manager named Basil at one point, which is where Barber's confusion more than likely comes from, but it's not the same guy who died last year.

As for Damien Steele being let go from XPW for drugs, maybe I should be a little clearer. He was let go for breaking into their wherehouse to sleep, which was a direct result of the drugs.

Steve

As for Damien Steele being let go from XPW for drugs, maybe I should be a little clearer. He was let go for breaking into their wherehouse to sleep, which was a direct result of the drugs.

Barber always amazes me.

And vice versa.

Can't confirm or deny the story about Steele - all I can say is what was confirmed to me once by an XPW wrestler in 2002, and by another XPW wrestler a few weeks ago - that he was fired for having a problem with Rob Black. The burden of proof remains on Steve, since I've cited two sources, and he's saying it as if it's common knowledge, which it's not.

I'm checking out some pics of the real Basil and the XPW one right now, and I'll return on that.

EDIT: At least from the length that the XPW pic was taken, they look quite similar to me...And they've got an eerily similar hairstyle...

Real Basil - basil111a.jpg

XPW Basil - damiensteelandcrew.jpg

Guest Ace Johnson
Ace, I'm still waiting for Steve's reaction to the two photos.

Did you email him? He already said its not him and I take his word on it. I would guess since he was probably at the xpw shows and upw shows he would know better than you. From your reply it seems like you were only guessing and dont really know. You have never been a credible source mainly just a cut and paste guy and a guy who gets proven wrong on board after board. I know youll take offense to that but Im just telling you why you arent a credible source for anything. Thanks.

As I've stated, Steve doesn't know his XPW stuff, which is evident by the lies he stated in his articles about the company (i.e. Onita got pissed at XPW, when it was vice versa). Face it - the facts speak for themselves. He can't name a source that he's getting the info from, while I posted photographs that prove it. The pics don't lie. Basil of XPW and Bad Boy Basil are the same guy.

Steve blocked me from his email, when I cited Bob Magee's contradicting his story about The SAT/HTO. That's why I rely on you to do so, since you felt the need to email him in the first place.

And you have yet to give your reaction to the photos, Ace. Although I'm not to curious as to why, since it's obvious...

From your reply it seems like you were only guessing and dont really know.

Well, seeing as how in the first place, I stated it as a fact, your trying to suppress by certainty, acting as if it's not evident, when it fact it surely is.

I know you'll just disgregard this post, Ace, because you don't want to face the music, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let you censure my credibility, which outweighs your's by a mile, specifically when it comes to XPW.

a cut and paste guy

I'm gonna keep it short and sweet, because the ignorance of that quote speaks for itself. First of all, your assertion that I'm a cut and paste boy not only isn't true (I'm not), but it can't possibly BE true - the articles I write are so unique that there's nothing that I could possibly cut and paste from. How do you cut and paste shit into an article on XPW's Kaos when nobody respects Kaos in the first place and there's therefore no articles about him anywhere on the net, besides mine? How do you write an article about the FWA, years before Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm ever became big names in the U.S., and when the promotion received no coverage? You don't.

You're simply falling to the public opinion and trying to criticize me for something that MAY have applied to me a year and a half ago, but most certainly doesn't anymore. Stay in the present...you're only weakening your case.

and a guy who gets proven wrong on board after board.

Again - simply submitting to public opinion. I make this challenge to you, although I know you won't take it, because you know you're wrong - show me three instances where somebody proved me wrong on an issue I continually pursued. Any three. Hell, the reason I was banned from CZWFans was b/c I posted a quote Adam Circumstance made three weeks earlier in which he word for word contradicted what he had just wrote. Face it - you're not going to take on this challenge b/c you know you're wrong. Concede - you know nothing about XPW, nor does Steve (Although he knows more about it than you). They're the same two guys - Basil of XPW and Bad Boy Basil.

And even if I did get banned from many boards - at least that happened because I stood up for my own opinions, something you won't even attempt to do, when you simply ignore this post, like you always do. You're worse than someone who gets banned from many boards - you can't even stand up for your own assertions. Pathetic.

Guest Ace Johnson
Face it - you're not going to take on this challenge b/c you know you're wrong. Concede - you know nothing about XPW, nor does Steve (Although he knows more about it than you). They're the same two guys - Basil of XPW and Bad Boy Basil.

I don't know much about XPW because I have never liked it. I think Steve knows more about it than you though since he has been to their shows and knows people in the promotion. To prove that point just look at his interview with Kevin Kleinrock where they talk about previous conversations the two have had. I would think knowing the number 2 guy in xpw and talking with him beats out whoever you instant message. I also dont believe the Basils are the same guy and the brden of proof is on you to prove it since Steve is far more credible than you and knows more about socal and xpw than you. Thanks for playing.

Face it - you're not going to take on this challenge b/c you know you're wrong. Concede - you know nothing about XPW, nor does Steve (Although he knows more about it than you). They're the same two guys - Basil of XPW and Bad Boy Basil.

I don't know much about XPW because I have never liked it. I think Steve knows more about it than you though since he has been to their shows and knows people in the promotion. To prove that point just look at his interview with Kevin Kleinrock where they talk about previous conversations the two have had. I would think knowing the number 2 guy in xpw and talking with him beats out whoever you instant message. I also dont believe the Basils are the same guy and the brden of proof is on you to prove it since Steve is far more credible than you and knows more about socal and xpw than you. Thanks for playing.

The number of times I've conversed with GQ Money is in the 30's, maybe 40's. I've spoken to John Zandig about 5 times, each of which for more than 20 minutes, about XPW's Philly run. I've interviewed Chris Hamrick, Angel, and Supreme. I've also talked to Vic Grimes a number of times. I've talked to Johnny Webb once, but for about an hour, and recently got back in contact with him and am conducting an interview with him that should be up in a few weeks. I know just as much about XPW as Steve does, if not more.

You don't have to go to a promotion's shows to do something about them. To base your reasoning on that is ridiculous. I've showed proof - photos don't lie. You seem to be confused with common sense - because I've shown photos, the burden of proof would be on you and Steve; I've relieved myself of it by posting those photos.

Good luck in developing some intricate excuse, Ace. You're gonna need it.

Guest Steve

Ace, thanks for the kind words and stuff. However I don't remember you sending me any e-mails about Bad Boy Basil at all, and if you did I don't think I would have told you what it says in your post.

I hate to side with Jonathan Barber, but Basil was Bad Boy Basil. He was actually friends with Damien Steele, and is one of the reasons Damien Steele went to UPW, along with the idea he could get into the WWE as no one from XPW was going to get seen or signed. My e-mail address is [email protected] if you want to e-mail me for real some time.

As far as Damien Steele getting fired from XPW, the breaking into Extreme did happen and he was fired for that. Just watching Damien at that time in the ring you could tell he was not all there. If someone told Jonathan that he was fired because of problems with Rob Black, maybe Black had a problem with him breking into the building and finding him asleep in the ring in the morning? The story is easily enough confirmed Jonathan, just ask anyone of the guys you've mentioned. Webb was working at the offices and is open enough about XPW now where he'll give you the low down.

As for Onita, here's what I wrote "People who were inside XPW at the time said the match never occurred because Rob Black basically blew Onita off, and Onita eventually said "fuck you" to XPW. In an effort to save face, Josh Lazie and Sabu sent Onita a letter blaming the cancellation of the match on a lawsuit that was filed against Sabu by Paul Heyman." All of that is 100% true and the letter was even up at xpw1.com at one point.

Then again at one point you doubted when I said that XPW thought they booked SATs for Hostile Takeover, but now you know it to be true also.

Arguing about who knows more about anything is silly, especially when the subject is something trivial like XPW or wrestling at all. Maybe if this was a job that a promotion hinged on who knows more would it make an ounce of difference.

You aren't blocked on my e-mail Jonathan , though I doubt I'd respond to you if your e-mail was anything like my previous dealings with you.

Steve

http://www.socaluncensored.com

Steve,

Thanks for coming on the board and straightening the issues out. Quick couple of comments...

Just watching Damien at that time in the ring you could tell he was not all there.

Absolutely agreed. He wasn't just "not all there." He wasn't there at all during his second run. In his HIH2 match vs. Konnan, about midway through, Konnan tried a lariat or something, and Steele just stood there for about five seconds, while Konnan punched him or something. It was one of the worst sequences in wrestling I've ever seen.

Steve - when you get a chance, please link me to your three articles on XPW's history, and I'll show you what I mean about Onita. I'm searching and searching on your site, and neither of those articles are coming up.

Ace - your turn to admit you were incorrect in your assertion, just as I did with Steele's XPW firing.

You aren't blocked on my e-mail Jonathan , though I doubt I'd respond to you if your e-mail was anything like my previous dealings with you.

I may not be blocked anymore, but you said at one point that I was.

Our dealings have always been professional, Steve. You and I both know that. The reason you would likely ignore my emails would be because you don't like me due to the differences we've had, not because of any previous, unprofessional dealings we've had, none of which have been unprofessional. Face it - you don't like me, and that's why you would ignore my emails, as you've done before when I contacted you about if Supreme ever worked FMLL (I think that was the fed; there was one fed he was signed to work and I wasn't sure if they ever followed through and brought him in), and a couple of other questions.