TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

!~2004 Indy Breakout Stars Predictions~!

It was bound to be posted sooner or later, and let's face it - with 2003 almost over, we've seen the good, the bad, and the downright ugly developments in that God damned world called "independent wrestling" that us assholes support. We've seen the rise of "The Original Playa from the Himalaya," Sonjay Dutt, a West Coast star gain East Coast prominence in B-BOY~!, a skinny teenager go from being the XPW King of the Death Match to becoming one of the most awe-inspiring high flyers on the indy circuit today in Altar Boy Luke, US-modified strong style in Jimmy Rave, Homicide, Tony Mamaluke, and others, and probably the most impressive of all - the Chris Jericho-mirroring transcension (is that a word?) of AJ Styles from a WCW cruiserweight to the absolute ***MAN***...the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

So, the question naturally develops...

Which workers do you think will break out from their shell in 2004, and become a major highlight of the indy circuit?

Here's my pics...

Quicksilver/Scorpio Sky: lit up Rev. Pro, PWG, XPW, and LXW rings; can wrestle a variety of styles

Rob Eckos, Damian Adams, and Josh Daniels: this trio is so set to break out in '04; they've been impressive in 3PW and other promotions, and their time is most certainly now

Salvatore Rinauro and Kid Kool a.k.a. Seth DeLay - Wildside lightweights who - like Slim J, Deranged, Azriel, and others have done - are set to make an impact on other promotions

Steve Stone - IWA-MS rookie who had a breakout match with Chris Hero recently; expect big things

The Havana Pitbulls: defy gravity every time they step foot in the ring; lighting up So-Cal rings; work CMLL on a regular basis; Puma/Pinoi Boy set to debut for ROH; all four debuting in MLW

Altar Boy Luke - I mentioned him above, and yes he did break out in 2003, but since he's been kept off TNA TV, the only promotion he's really worked for is Wildside. He just returned to TNA in a dark match last Wednesday, and I expect he'll be continuing to work for them; expect from him more than just a short stay in TNA, because he likely may become a mainstay in the X Divison

Arik Cannon - debuted in CZW; said to have put on some great matches in IWA-MS with Chris Hero

Angel - former-XPW "Hardcore Homo"; became arguably the bumper of the year with his death matches in XPW and LXW with Supreme; currently works for Rev. Pro and other So-Cal promotions, and has put on fantastic tag team matches alongside Zokre and Mr. Excitement and has wrestled great one-on-one matches with others

Nick Berk/Z-Barr - debuting in the UK next year; debuted in Wildside recently, and are set to return; they're unfortunately not being paid much attention to in their home promotion, CZW, but other companies seem to be taking notice; Berk is one of the most underrated technical wrestlers on the indy circuit today.

The D.R.S. - debuted in CZW recently; mainstays in JAPW and USA Pro, where they've had tremendous matches with The S.A.T.; expect more Tracy Smothers-style heel heat to be generated by them in 2004

All Money Is Legal (Kash & Kaos); not the XPW Kaos; have arguably the coolest finisher on the indy circuit; as the DOI guys will tell you, have been lighting up WXW, NYWC, etc. rings as of late; working also for LXW

Grim Reefer - first guy in wrestling history ANYWHERE to use the satellite headscissors into crossface takedown that Jimmy Rave now utilizes regularly; as the DOI guys will tell you - just now getting the attention he deserves; worked for CZW, although he wasn't allowed to showcase his true skills there; has been lighting up USA Pro, NYWC, and other rings; fantastic lightweight

Add to the list!

Guest Joe_G

Duh, I'm a dope, I thought this was breakout stars of 2003. Well, Jimmy Jacobs and Alex Shelley will have a bigger '04 as they work CZW and ROH more often.

How could you not have Alex Shelley and Jimmy Jacobs on the list?

Haven't seen enough of them. Steve Stone is the only IWA guy I've seen all that much of.

That's why I open it up to everyone else to throw their hat in the ring and let their picks be known.

Scorpio Sky/Quicksilver

Havana Pitbulls

"Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce

Scott Lost (could really shine in singles matches)

Joey Ryan

Zokre/Phoniex Star

CZW's Joker

Several RevPro students have alot of potental as well.

But really... I think 2004's breakout star will come out of nowhere and shock us all.

I think that CZW's Chris Cash will start to get a big push and become a major player. I've been into most of the stuff I've seen of his, and after hearing about the ladder match from COD5, he's got all the cards (homegrown, young, capable of good-great matches) in his favor.

I hope NECW's Steve Bradley and Sabotage (tag team) break out huge. Sabotage aren't that good, but they got good teamwork and charisma. And "MoFo" Steve Bradley is just wicked cool.

Guest bort

I could see Ca$h of CZW breaking out, outstanding ladder match with little notce

Jacobs and Shelly - there IWA matches now are in the same league as the Hero/Punk and Colt/Punk

Bj Whitmer - I expect big things from him in Both ROH and IWA, He seems like the perfect guy to go to Noah or Z-1

Matt Striker/Matt Martel - I saw his recent 3-w work and his old school gimmcik is quite funny

Matt Striker[ROH] - I think he will benift the most from the Pure wrestling divison and will become a major player in it, I

Nobody's ever heard of him, but I'm gonna name one name right now:

Slacker J.

A year from now, I'm gonna bump this thread, and I PREDICT [/criswell] that people will be amazed by my precoglike abilities.

Yeah, it's a bump here, but lemme add another name to this list:

Kevin Steen.

Just saw his match with XES69 from IWS UnF'nSanctioned, and it was ***1/2-****. If he can get some U.S. bookings and tone up a little, he'll be turning heads. He was supposed to have a WWE tryout, but that would have required him selling his soul to Jacques Rougeau.

XES69 is someone who needs attention, but unlike Steen, I don't think XES can speak Englais.

EXcesS69 can speak English but he sounds like every stereotype you could imagine of bad English by a Frenchman. That said, I truly believe that some promoter somewhere could do something by bringing in EXcesS69 as the 21st Century Rick Martel.

Have you looked at the rest of Un F'N S Sandman?

EXcesS69 can speak English but he sounds like every stereotype you could imagine of bad English by a Frenchman. That said, I truly believe that some promoter somewhere could do something by bringing in EXcesS69 as the 21st Century Rick Martel.

Have you looked at the rest of Un F'N S Sandman?

Despite getting it weeks ago, I'm working through it. Onyx/Eddy was a solid, solid opener, and the powerbomb at the end was nasty. Fun scramble match, nice 8-man submission spot, trainwreck sequence, and the team suplex. Only complaint is that it looked like they were going too fast at times and got ahead of themselves. I'm not sold on Extreme Revolution yet, have to watch them some more. Saw my thoughts on Steen/XES, and still have to watch PCO/Beef vs. Lauderdale/Kamikaze, and Generico/Arsenal.

As for FBTW, good and bad, I'll elaborate more once I watch the whole show and the match again.

We're planning a review as soon as I fire up the ol' DVD burner.

Guest Markingout

Roderick Strong and Jerrelle Clark- Florida's pride is its awesome crusiers.

I saw Joker will take Red's spot as the indys favorite bump/spot monkey. Thats until Red comes back and rules all kinds of ass and wins the ROH title from Samoa Joe like Whipwreck and Austin, like Hogan and Savage. Oh yeah, we will see it.

Guest avatarsnow

roderick strong for sure as he starts to do in the northeast what he has done down here in florida every night of the past 2 years... and that is simply STEAL every show he is on..... this kid is as technically sound as you will see in any 20 year old in this business.. not a "150 pound spot monkey" but a rock solid 200 soon to be 225 pounder who can flat out GO....and as he makes his name not just here in florida but in usa pro in ny...in roh 3pw and czw in philly...as well as tna in nashville...this kid will become a household name in 2004 bet the ranch on it.....

another guy is the modern miracle steve madison... the current nwa florida heavyweight champ is another 20yr old phenom we here in florida are blessed with seeing regularly.... hes already been on several tours of japan with wj pro getting invaluable experience working alongside legends like genichiro tenryu , ricky choshyu, and kensuke sasaki ...as well as being the only guy in that company to get a decent match out of kenzo suzuki soon to be on a smackdown station near you, he was asked to move to japan and train in the dojo over there and work full time when he finishes school..this kid is also going to be seen in the northeast soon in ring of honor and others in the near future....watch this kid as he becomes a breakout star in 2004 as well

Guest PowerPB13

I could sit here for a long time and shill the level of talent in Gateway Championship Wrestling...any number of them could become huge if they get noticed by the right people. Matt Sydal, Delirious, and Daizee Haze have already worked a bunch of different places like NWA-TNA, Wildside, and IWA Mid-South. Also Billy McNeil, MsChif, and Ryan Ash have worked XPlosion and people like DINGO and OuTtKaSt have worked Wildside.

That's just the tip of the iceberg...there's Nikki Strychnine, Kory Twist, Jeremy, Shawn Almighty, Ian Storm, Sean Vincent, Jackal, Rat Boy...I could go on and on. :)

Either way, I'm hoping that 2004 will be a breakout year for one or more of those great talents...

-Patrick

http://www.gatewaywrestling.com/

http://members.aol.com/PowerPB13/gcwpics.htm

Guest avatarsnow

no offense canadian chick....really.... but if he didnt break out after the super 8 performance of a lifetime that put him on the indy map to begin with in 2003....how is chance beckett gonna break out in 2004????

Guest champchavez

Nobody wants to say it, but as far as major breakouts 2004 will be the breakout year of Teddy Hart. Arguably he broke out in 2003 on TNA and in ROH, but his appearances were marred by backstage controversy. This year Teddy either settles down and is known by year's end as the very BEST indy wrestler today, or suffers a major injury.

Guest BobBacklundRules

Last night I saw Arik Cannon vs. Christopher Daniels and I can honestly say it was the best match I've ever seen live. Do I think he can make it? That's another story, but definitely check him out.

Guest Markingout
Last night I saw Arik Cannon vs. Christopher Daniels and I can honestly say it was the best match I've ever seen live. Do I think he can make it? That's another story, but definitely check him out.

Of course he was facing Daniels...

This year Teddy either settles down and is known by year's end as the very BEST indy wrestler today, or suffers a major injury.

WTF are you smoking. He will be known as a spotfester on the indy circuit. Are you saying he is going too be better than Punk,Daniels,Hero,Danielson,Low Ki,Styles,Super Dragon,BJ Whitmer,Homicide,Jimmy Jacobs,Alex Shelly,Jimmy Rave,Trent Acid,Colt Cabana,Matt Stryker,Scoot,Sonjay,Ace Steel,B-boy,Jay Briscoe,Mark Briscoe,Chad Collyer,Xavier,John Walters,Danny Maff,Bobby Quance,The Messiah,Tony Mamaluke,Mike Quackenbush,Juventud,Chris Sabin,Johnny Kashmere,Steve Corino,Raven,Abyss,and alot more? I dont think so... (I named all those guys off the top of my head :D )

WTF are you smoking. He will be known as a spotfester on the indy circuit. Are you saying he is going too be better than Punk,Daniels,Hero,Danielson,Low Ki,Styles,Super Dragon,BJ Whitmer,Homicide,Jimmy Jacobs,Alex Shelly,Jimmy Rave,Trent Acid,Colt Cabana,Matt Stryker,Scoot,Sonjay,Ace Steel,B-boy,Jay Briscoe,Mark Briscoe,Chad Collyer,Xavier,John Walters,Danny Maff,Bobby Quance,The Messiah,Tony Mamaluke,Mike Quackenbush,Juventud,Chris Sabin,Johnny Kashmere,Steve Corino,Raven,Abyss,and alot more? I dont think so... (I named all those guys off the top of my head  :D )

I'd say he already is a better all-around wrestler than all the guys I put in bold type.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I've gotta disagree. He's good, yes but he isn't that good. I think Jack Evans will take Red's place as Spot Monkey Du-Jour.

WTF are you smoking. He will be known as a spotfester on the indy circuit. Are you saying he is going too be better than Punk,Daniels,Hero,Danielson,Low Ki,Styles,Super Dragon,BJ Whitmer,Homicide,Jimmy Jacobs,Alex Shelly,Jimmy Rave,Trent Acid,Colt Cabana,Matt Stryker,Scoot,Sonjay,Ace Steel,B-boy,Jay Briscoe,Mark Briscoe,Chad Collyer,Xavier,John Walters,Danny Maff,Bobby Quance,The Messiah,Tony Mamaluke,Mike Quackenbush,Juventud,Chris Sabin,Johnny Kashmere,Steve Corino,Raven,Abyss,and alot more? I dont think so... (I named all those guys off the top of my head  :D )

I'd say he already is a better all-around wrestler than all the guys I put in bold type.

Better all around wrestler than Hero? I think the only person who's a better all around wrestler than Hero is AmDrag.

Ace Steel is also mad underrated; anyone who judges him by his TNA work isn't seeing the real Ace Steel work.