TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MooreMark

Roseanne

I was digging through my closet and I found a tape with some old episodes of Roseanne.

I didn't watch this show from the start..I actually caught on during 95 two years before the nail in coffin. But the episodes I did see throughout the series were hilarious. It was sooooo real, and the jokes weren't the cheesy teeny bopper we saw on every other show. Cheesy teeny bopper worked...but Roseanne brought a new side to family tv shows. The last episode where she delievers the monologue was also interesting.

What are your thoughts on the show?

And any chance of a dvd release?

great show. I thought it lost a lot of steam in the last few seasons, but those Halloween episodes were fantastic. I especially liked the one where everyone was trying to scare someone else.

Yes a truly brilliant and hilarious sitcom the first few years of the show but WOW were the last two or three seasons god awful. Totally went away from everything the show was about especially after Roseanne "won" the lottery, which turned out to be just a dream/story or whatever in the last episode to cover up for the last season being such a steamy pile of shit.

Actually, in the last episode it turned out that the whole series was just stories from a book that Roseanne was writing. It was supposed to have been based on her life, so she was actually writing about her life, but many of the situations were changed (i.e. David was really with Becky and Mark was really with Darlene). I know, it's very confusing, but it kind of makes sense once you watch it.

Actually, in the last episode it turned out that the whole series was just stories from a book that Roseanne was writing. It was supposed to have been based on her life, so she was actually writing about her life, but many of the situations were changed (i.e. David was really with Becky and Mark was really with Darlene). I know, it's very confusing, but it kind of makes sense once you watch it.

Ya, she just started writing about having all the money in the world. That's why we got all those crazy episodes of Roseanne at those parties and what not.

Almost the whole season was a book. The last real episode was when her family gave her the office in the basement so she could write. Everything else was fake. From what I can remember:

In her "real life", Jackie was gay. But in the book(show), she decided to make her sleep around with a whole bunch of guys.

Darlene was with Mark and David was with Becky, but she switched it around in her book, since she thought the other pairs would work better.

Dan had that heart-attack and died, instead of living like he did in her novel

There was some other stuff too, but the truth is, almost the entire series was just a book. It took me two or three views of the final episode to get the full idea of what it actually meant.

I've been watching a lot of Roseanne recently (it airs after Full House and before Get the Picture)

Nick is up to Season 8- where it all goes bad.

I think the first few seasons are supposed to be real but then Roseanne just started making stuff up.

But Dan did die after the heart attack

I love the show, one of my favorites ever. I like watching the entire series, from the first episode to the last one. Some are better than others, but I love them all.

Not to mention that I love Sara Gilbert. She's not really that "beautiful", but I really like her alot.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I'd watch the occasionaly episodes, but it doesn't mark anywhere near my top lists.

And HOW CAN THEY KILL DAN OFF!?!!? (Even though the show ended like 6-7 years ago) NOO!

Over the summer, when TBS was playing 3 episodes a day, I really got into the show and saw the whole series pretty much the whole way through. Of course, when it came time for the last few episodes of the series, I was working a lot and missed them all so that kind of sucked.

Guest hhheld_down

i love the show, i have seen every episdoe at least a hundread times and they are still hilarious, everything does seem to mirror real life soo well. I hated the last two seasons too with a couple exceptions I guess. When they got rich, that was complete bull. The last episode reeked too, I wish they hadnt said it was all fake and just some book. Should of just stopped with dan dying and the family in mournning but meh. Id say the show peaked when becky ran off with mark to get married and then slowly went downhill. The changing beckys thing was stupid, even if they did make fun of it and didnt try to make us believe they were the same girl. Why couldnt the original becky have stayed anyway?

I never did like the show. It just seemed like an ego trip for Roseanne and juding by the shit that went on behind the show with Tom makes me think it even more. The only real good thing was John Goodman, he keep it grounded. But, once he left the show so did the show.

Guest hhheld_down
I'd watch the occasionaly episodes, but it doesn't mark anywhere near my top lists.

And HOW CAN THEY KILL DAN OFF!?!!? (Even though the show ended like 6-7 years ago) NOO!

i actually cried when had the heart attck and was in the hospital, it was really sad but yet in some ways fitting. I mean he was under a lot of stress with not liking his dad, his mom being in a home, darlene gettin married, the bike shop had gone under, plus he didnt take care of himself well.

I've always really liked the show. The more times I've seen the final episode the more I hate it's closing fifteen minutes, looking back at the previous seasons it didn't make much sense to end it like that.

I started to watch the show during TBS's three times a day run this past summer, too. I never did see the last episodes and all, so maybe someone could answer this question: I saw the one where Jackie finds out about Dan's affair with another woman or something, and Dan & Roseanne break up for a while. What happened from there, just the heart attack?

i love the show, i have seen every episdoe at least a hundread times and they are still hilarious, everything does seem to mirror real life soo well. I hated the last two seasons too with a couple exceptions I guess. When they got rich, that was complete bull. The last episode reeked too, I wish they hadnt said it was all fake and just some book. Should of just stopped with dan dying and the family in mournning but meh. Id say the show peaked when becky ran off with mark to get married and then slowly went downhill. The changing beckys thing was stupid, even if they did make fun of it and didnt try to make us believe they were the same girl. Why couldnt the original becky have stayed anyway?

The first Becky went to college in 92 I think and thats why another was brought in. Then the first Becky also returned for one season.

I really liked the show because everyone had input in the hilarity. It wasn't one person carrying everyone.

I started to watch the show during TBS's three times a day run this past summer, too. I never did see the last episodes and all, so maybe someone could answer this question: I saw the one where Jackie finds out about Dan's affair with another woman or something, and Dan & Roseanne break up for a while. What happened from there, just the heart attack?

Didn't Roseanne also reveal In The Series Finale that Dan never cheated on her with another woman, she just made It that way In her book because she felt abandoned after Dan died the year before? I always felt that last episode, hell that whole last season, was a shitty way for The Series to go out.

Dan had the heart attack at the end of season 8.

He came home from the hospital and him and Roseanne got in a big fight and Roseanne left.

Roseanne then came back to him.

In season 9 Dan went to California to check on his institutionalised mom and then revealed to Roseanne that he had a one night stand with a nurse. Roseanne then kicked him out (again) but they reconciled

Now that, that's cleared up..anyone have some memorable quotes from the series?

I have some.

Roseanne: THAT'S NOT FUNNY! You're grounded til menopause

Darlene: Mine or yours?

*Roseanne and Dan are in the bathroom after smoking the ganja.*

Dan: You are so hot, sexy, beautiful, sweet...Roseanne I love you!

Roseanne: *munching on the fudgesicle* What?

*A voice says no one loves me. Starting some hilarious facial expressions from Roseanne.*

*During a tornado*

Roseanne: What's the worst that can happen? So the tornado picks up our house and slams it down in a better neighborhood.

*Darlene's on the phone*

Roseanne: Get off, now.

Darlene: Why are you picking on me for?

Roseanne: 'Cause I can't find Becky.

I like everything outside of the last 2-3 years. Kind of the same thing happened to Home Improvement, Just Shoot Me, etc when they just start to tank.

That is why I'm glad Seinfeld didn't try to keep going.

I thought the show was actually pretty good, it got annoying at times though. My main problem with the show is that DJ always seemed like he had no purpose. He mostly just sat there and didn't say anything, then when he did it always seemed so out of place. Sometimes I think the only reason they kept him around was so they could devote that one entire episode to him masturbating.