TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Madden, ESPN, or NCAA!!! AHHH!

I can't decide what football game to buy tomorrow. All I have is Sega NFL 2K2 so I've decided to move forward. However I can't decide what I want! I want a college football game real bad but if I can find an NFL game that's 10x better than any college game I want that. I like realism and lots of options and such to make it more realistic. I like the announcers and injury reports and trades and a more complicated play setting system and plenty of buttons and options to do whenever I have the ball.

So I heard Madden is the best one. But then I played ESPN 2K4 at my friends house the other night and it was awesome. So I don't know which one is better.

Then there's an NCAA game. I don't know which one of those is the best and if they're better than the NFL ones.

Someone help me.

Based purely on football fun...

EA Sports NCAA 2004 ownz Madden and NFL 2K4.

However.... I like 2K4 a bit more than Madden and it has online play on XBOX Live as well.

I own EA NCAA 2004 and ESPN. I got Madden today for a gift, but think I am going to exchange it for something else and then buy a Pre-Played copy of Madden from Blockbuster, where it'll be cheaper. I like the college one for the goofy little things like the Mascot Games and other little things. I like the ESPN for the realism and the pros being "name players". I lean a little more toward ESPN than Madden this year, but mainly because I've only played Madden a few times and that it is very similar to the college. If you are going for EA, I would pick College, just because even though you don't get the names, you get a lot more team selection and the fun little things I mentioned like mascot games. If choosing the pros, this year I liked ESPN, and you can shake it up on there once in a while with the first player perspective.

the mascot game is the worst part about NCAA 2004. It takes up valuable space instead of that space going towards an expanded dynasty mode or something important to the game. In the last 4 years of NCAA i have only played the mascot game once. One fucking time. I mean who the hell wants to play as a team of Herbie Huskers

ESPN.

I seem to be hearing this a lot. I really enjoyed what I was playing of it.

I like a game where I can take a team from the bottom and build them through the whole season to make them a champion. I love that. I want to be the Bill Parcells of the video game world...or something.

So they don't have the players names in the NCAA game do they? Isn't it illegal?

Do you have X-Box? And X-Box Live?

I have a PS2, X-Box, and Gamecube.

I don't have X-Box Live but I may be getting it soon.

Reading the reviews EA NCAA 2004 looks pretty sweet...to bad about not having the players names though...but does it actually have the real players in it?

Argh....ESPN is fun.....but I really want an NCAA game....and EA NCAA 2004 seems like the best choice...unless there's a better college football game?

I cranked the difficulty all the way up on NCAA...still blowing teams out. If you have others to play with I'd get it...but for a one player run I dunno...

Well I'm not very good at football games so that may help.

I find all EA sports games too easy.

ESPN on X-Box Live is just great. Single Player is still worth the purchase alone though.

My favorite thing about NCAA is how they won't give you commentary for your game if it isn't big enough to be on TV.

That...and stomping the crap out of weak teams to get my heisman numbers up...but going down to the wire with the great teams.

My favorite thing about NCAA is how they won't give you commentary for your game if it isn't big enough to be on TV.

That...and stomping the crap out of weak teams to get my heisman numbers up...but going down to the wire with the great teams.

Yes... try starting out a game as say.... Navy or a lower team like that and watch as you get your ass HANDED to you by some of the major schools until you get your recruiting together. I played 4 seasons as Navy and only got to 4 * prestige and never got above #15 at my best because a team like Miami, Florida, OSU etc would just either whoop me or I would get close but my talent just wasn't able to hold up.

FUN AS HELL though.

Although when the commentary is on it can get pretty bad. I hate it when Lee is pulling his "What is he doing? He should down the ball" bit when I'm trying to run up the score against Michigan State

I dunno.

But Classics Mode is really fun.

Doug Flutie's hail mary!

The Big Play! Which was funny because I didn't have to do the 6 some-odd laterals. I blocked there field goal.

Guest Flyboy

Although when the commentary is on it can get pretty bad.

Ummm.. no. The commentary is some of the best in sporting games.