TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Big WMXX update

Don't know if this has been posted yet...

The latest on the most anticipated wrestling show...

Here is the latest on WrestleMania XX:

- The plan right now is to have Mick Foley & The Rock team against two members of Evolution at WrestleMania XX.

- Triple H will not be one of the two members of Evolution, as WWE wants him in a high profile singles match (but not against Mick Foley).

- The feeling right now is that Steve Austin will not work WMXX. He may instead work some type of gimmick match involving Eric Bischoff.

- No members of the McMahon family are being penciled in for a match at this point.

- Edge is expected to be medically cleared for WMXX but WWE seems to be favoring the idea of bringing him back the week after WMXX. It should be noted, however, that a Triple H vs. Edge WrestleMania XX match has been discussed.

- When The Rock agreed to job to Goldberg last year, the agreement was that Goldberg would return the job at WMXX. At this point, if Goldberg works WMXX, it will likely be his final match with WWE. It will be interesting to see if he agrees to job to the Rock, and if WWE will break up the scheduled Rock/Foley vs. Evolution match for another Goldberg/Rock match.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

With all due respect to Edge...WTF? Trips is a Main-eventer, and Edge is a mid-carder who's been gone for over a year. Why would he be involved in a high-profile match-up like that?

Guest DeputyHawk

If HHH can run programs against Steiner and Nash, he can damn sure have one against Edge. I'd have no problems at all with Edge coming in as a main eventer on Raw, he'd liven the place up a bit if nothing else.

Guest PowerPB13
But I want to see HHH vs Mark Henry.

The battle for Chyna! Ohwaitaminute...

-Patrick

Guest PowerPB13
Rock & Foley vs. Flair & Orton could be all kinds of awesome if done right.

Therein lies the rub.

-Patrick

Therein lies the rub.

-Patrick

Has Randy Orton ever done anything right?

Guest BrokenWings

I can't picture Edge winning, he'd probably still have ring rust, and there would be a minimal and most likely horrible build up.

Yeah, I want Edge to jump over and be squashed by Hunter. :angry:

Please, keep him on Smackdown.

Don't know if this has been posted yet...

The latest on the most anticipated wrestling show...

Here is the latest on WrestleMania XX:

- The plan right now is to have Mick Foley & The Rock team against two members of Evolution at WrestleMania XX.

- Triple H will not be one of the two members of Evolution, as WWE wants him in a high profile singles match (but not against Mick Foley).

- The feeling right now is that Steve Austin will not work WMXX. He may instead work some type of gimmick match involving Eric Bischoff.

- No members of the McMahon family are being penciled in for a match at this point.

- Edge is expected to be medically cleared for WMXX but WWE seems to be favoring the idea of bringing him back the week after WMXX. It should be noted, however, that a Triple H vs. Edge WrestleMania XX match has been discussed.

- When The Rock agreed to job to Goldberg last year, the agreement was that Goldberg would return the job at WMXX. At this point, if Goldberg works WMXX, it will likely be his final match with WWE. It will be interesting to see if he agrees to job to the Rock, and if WWE will break up the scheduled Rock/Foley vs. Evolution match for another Goldberg/Rock match.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

With all due respect to Edge...WTF? Trips is a Main-eventer, and Edge is a mid-carder who's been gone for over a year. Why would he be involved in a high-profile match-up like that?

Triple H needs fresh bodies to bury and what better person to bury and humiliate on a regular basis going up to the biggest show of the year than "Mr. Fanboy" Edge?

ESPECIALLY since yoiu know HHH will love to kill Edge's career so as to keep Edge from ever eclipsing Randy Orton and Batista, who HHH has christened as his heir apparents to the throne in the WWE...

i'm all for it if it means Orton doesn't win the Rumble. But it he probably will, and it will be Rock/Foley vs. Flair/Batista at Mania instead

Edge will be on WM no matter what if he is health. I'd like them to keep him away from HHH.

Last thing we need is Triple H calling Edge a loser and then proving it with a clean three in the middle of the ring.

Guest PowerPB13

Therein lies the rub.

-Patrick

Has *WWE* done anything right, at all, in the past three years or so? No.

-Patrick

Guest Anglesault

Therein lies the rub.

-Patrick

He got hurt and stayed away from four months.

Edge will be on WM no matter what if he is health. I'd like them to keep him away from HHH.

Last thing we need is Triple H calling Edge a loser and then proving it with a clean three in the middle of the ring.

If they can pull a Kane on Edge and use the HHH burial to rebuild Edge's character (like bringing back his mute goth guy ass-kicker gimmick) it would be an acceptable trade-off....

Guest PowerPB13

"At this point" being the key words. At the biggest WrestleMania ever, how can they possibly resist booking the Vince vs. Shane vs. Stephanie vs. Linda Fatal Four-Way?

Triple H needs fresh bodies to bury and what better person to bury and humiliate on a regular basis going up to the biggest show of the year than "Mr. Fanboy" Edge?

ESPECIALLY since yoiu know HHH will love to kill Edge's career so as to keep Edge from ever eclipsing Randy Orton and Batista, who HHH has christened as his heir apparents to the throne in the WWE...

Let's see...HHH, Bautista, and Orton are all complete wastes of perfectly good organic material...so yeah, that would fit.

-Patrick

I remember when Triple H & Edge teamed on one of the first brand extension-era Smackdowns and Triple H told Edge if he wanted his respect, "To go win yourself some world titles."

I remember when Triple H & Edge teamed on one of the first brand extension-era Smackdowns and Triple H told Edge if he wanted his respect, "To go win yourself some world titles."

· HHH "You know - while I admire your...guts and bravado...to come out here and get in my face - why don't you go back and win a couple o' world titles before you decide to jump on The Game. All right, pal?"

· Edge "Well, I guess I could take the Triple H way to the top - marry the boss' daughter and sleep my way to the world championship, couldn't I?"

Guest PowerPB13

Ah, NOW I see the front office's(aka Triple H's) motivation for wanting Triple H vs. Edge...Edge hasn't been properly "punished" for such scandalous comments with regards to God's character. Triple H EARNED his way to the top, dammit!

-Patrick

Guest Ray
Edge is a mid-carder who's been gone for over a year. Why would he be involved in a high-profile match-up like that?

To establish Edge as a main-eventer, of course.

He's one guy who hasn't been tainted by dozens of burials (like Jericho, Booker). I'd say Edge was more than just a mid-carder last year. At the very least, he was one of the highest mid-carders on SD, and could have been headed to the main-event.

The way to make him look important upon his return is to put him right into a feud with a main-eventer. If you want to make him a star, that's how you do it. I laugh when people say he should feud with Christian or Hardy when he returns. That would only drag Edge back into the mid-card.

If only HHH would put him over...