TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salacious Crumb

What does your team need?

Guest Salacious Crumb

For those of us miserable fans that don't have a team in the post season. What will it take for your team to get there soon?

The Cleveland Browns:

For starters a freaking QB would be nice. I wouldn't mind them drafting Phillip Rivers or John Navarre late in the draft and just ditching Couch. That would give them Holcomb, Rivers and Hybl as the QBs.

Running backs are fairly solid for the most part. Lee Suggs has been very impressive in the 2 games where he saw most of the carries. 73 yds. against Baltimore and 180 against Cincy. White is a good 3rd down back and an excellent screen pass option. A real fullback is needed and I hope they sign Sam Gash if he becomes a free agent.

Receivers are fine for the most part. I wouldn't mind ditching Quincey Morgan and Andra King to free up the extra cash to keep Northcutt around long term. Andre Davis will be the no.1 receiver next season.

Offensive line is a pretty big mess. Faine and O'Hara are good when healthy but everyone else is pretty bad. Hopefully they can bring Orlando Brown back if the Ravens let him go and get a good lineman in the draft. If the line can hold together next season the QB situation won't be near as bad.

Defensive line is good for the most part. Brown (when healthy), Warren and Roye are great pass rushers for the most part but need someone who can block the run better. Lang can take a hike for the most part.

Linebackers are a mess. Andra Davis had a breakout year and Bentley is decent. I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks or someone like that getting signed. Julian Peterson from the 9ers would be a good addition as well if they let him go.

Secondary is a mess except for Griffeth. Cleveland supposedly has money to spend this season so maybe they can get Charles Woodson.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Edit: Nevermind, this is football only.

Eh, it can be any sport if you want to add in.

Guest Jimbo

Redskins:

A new owner, or Daniel Snyder gets a clue about TEAM sports.

They need stability as 6 coaches in 10 years surely isn't very good, nor is 4 defensive coordinators in 4 years.

And really, that's about it..if things weren't changed so often, they could be good in the coming years assuming Spurrier stays awhile, which he probably won't....

Washington sports overall: forgiveness from the gods. Why can't any of these teams play better than mediocre? Why do all the big free agents instantly turn to shit when they come to the city?

I don't even know where to start with the Steelers.

QB-They are going to need a new one, maybe not immediately, but soon. Maddox has been average at best and Batch hasn't played in years and wasn't that good when he did play.

RB-They will need one, if not this year then next year. Amos and Jerome have both proven that they can not be a great starter at this point. They look alright at Full back with Kreider.

WR-Hines Ward is one of the top recievers in the league and while Plaxico Burress didn't have that great a season this year, he is more than adequate. Randle El is a good change of pace as a speed reciever and can also run or throw the ball on an end around. Chris Doering has looked pretty good for a #4 guy, so they can leave the position alone for now.

TE-They were fine with Bruener, Riemsersma was a waste of money. Tuman is alright, I'd leave the position alone.

OL-Big, big problem. They're going to need at least one good tackle, I guess they can leave Oliver Ross at the other tackle if they have to. At guard Faneca is among the best in the league, but Kendall Simmons was off this year because of his diabetes. If he can't improve that condition they will need another guard. At center Jeff Hartings is immobile because of his repeated knee injuries and takes away from the blocking schemes the Steelers are known for where they pull the center. They are going to need a backup, maybe Chukky Okobi can do it this year.

DL-Looking good. Hampton on the nose just eats up blockers and frees up room for everyone. Von Oelhoffen had a good year rushing the passer this year and Aaron Smith is underrated as both a pass rusher and run stopper. Actually, to improve the DL they need some players in the secondary.

LB-One of the best groups in the league. Gildon, Bell, Farrior, and Porter all have Pro Bowl potential. Gildon's getting old, but they have some guys as back ups that could step in.

CB-Washington and Scott must go. Deshea Townsend looked great towards the end of the year and could be a good #2. Ike Taylor was a solid number 3 all year and should fill that role next season. They really need to get a star corner though.

FS/SS-Mike Logan is on his way out through free agency and Brent Alexander is old. Their backups Polamalu and Hope looked alright to end the season, but they'll probably want to pick up another safety just to make sure.

K/P-Josh Miller is good at punter, but Jeff Reed missed a bunch of field goals towards the end of the season. They'll want to at least look at a new kicker, they aren't that hard to find though.

It'd be near impossible to fill all of those needs in one season, but if they go one step at a time and start from the most important they could be a big time contender in a few years. Their biggest need is at corner, they really need someone back there who can shut down big time recievers. They can probably find someone at their #11 spot in the draft. Having just that one great corner would free up the line backers to get into more pass rushing which is really their strong point. It also allows the safeties to blitz more. They key to the old Blitzburgh defense was that Lake and Woodson could handle their recievers without having to pull out the linebackers.

Their next biggest need would be the offensive tackle. They need someone who can handle most DTs in the league, everyone was getting through this year. Another player on the line would also help a lot. If they can pick up one free agent and use their second round pick on the other they could be alright. With a good line in front of them Maddox and Bettis would be decent players back there, so they'd have another year to find replacements for them. All Maddox's problems this year came as a result of too much pressure which lead to either bad decisions or getting sacked a million times.

Guest Anglesault

Yes.

I'm actually a fan of both Giants and jets, but the Jets won more this year and played better over all, so I sited the Giants bad year before the Jets.

Where to start with Jacksonville.................

QB: They need to trade Brunell and get a WR or a draft pick

RB: As long as Fred Taylor doesn't get hurt, they are ok

WR: R.J. Soward was the worst draft pick ever and they need at least 2 WR's to be a force in the AFC South. Hopefully that's where the 1st round pick goes.

Defense: The defense is great up front but Hugh Douglas needs to stay healthy. They need new corners and hopefully they will use a draft pick on that area.

Kicking Game: Seth Marler is the worst starting kicker in the league, so obviously they should go out there and get one.....using a late round pick on Iowa's Nate Kaeding would be pretty nice too.

Coaching: Should have never fired Tom Coughlin.......nuff said.

Miami Dolphins

QB - I like Fiedler. He's tough, a leader, smart, mobile, which would be fine except for the fact that he throws interceptions at inopportune times. The Ravens showed you don't need a stud QB to win the SB, but Fiedler can be erratic at times. Maybe Ben Roethlisberger will be available? I don't see Griese as the answer.

WR - Chambers is great, but need someone to compliment him. Derrius Thompson was supposed to be a big free-agent pick up from the Redskins, but it didn't pan out. Oronde Gadsden is a decent possession WR, but we need someone to take the pressure off Chambers.

O-Line - Need some depth.

Head Coach - ::sigh::

Vikings need DEFENSE and Receivers.

QB - Dante did better than last year in controlling his turnover ratio, so he can keep his job. But needs to work with another WR on the team and quit depending on Moss so much.

WR - There is Moss and who else? Campbell and whoever the TE is this week?

RB - This is the best part of the team, with 2 players (Bennett & Smith) who can get 1000 yards a piece if healthy, and the best red zone players in Williams & Klassinger who will run, block, or act as a receiver when needed.

Defense - Only Chavous and the other Safety did well getting INTs other than that its been nothing but blown coverage with nobody stopping the run. Would it be possible to get Randle back?

Guest Flyboy

New Orleans Saints:

Consistency. When Brooks doesn't fumble, McAllister goes over 100 yds. and our receivers (Pathon, Horn, and Stallworth) are on.. we win.. EXCEPT.. when our defense decides not to show up. Therefore, I would like to see us draft a cornerback (DeAngelo HALL~) or a good linebacker (Teddy Lehman is not going too high.. D.J. Williams from Texas maybe?). Maybe we could get Champ Bailey or someone in the free agency (I don't want Sapp), but when our defense actuallY DEFENDS and our offense isn't fumbling, we win.

Philadelphia Eagles:

- Health. Their biggest need is run stuffers and their two biggest ones are on the IR in Hollis Thomas and Paul Grasmanis

- Big play WR. Despite contentions to the contrary, they need one guy to open up the field more.

Guest Flyboy
- Big play WR. Despite contentions to the contrary, they need one guy to open up the field more.

Too bad you guys are too deep into the draft to sign a big play WR. Rashuan Woods would fit nice in Philly -- at least y'all have up and coming L.J. Smith.

It wouldn't really matter where they pick, because I doubt Reid would use another high pick on a receiver. Now that Mitchell is worthy of playing time, he has three receivers that he likes, so it's doubtful he would bring on another high pick.

They'll probably pick some DBs high this year since they will lose Vincent and/or Taylor, my money would be on losing both.

Redskins:

A GM, for starters. Snyder needs to give up his "dream" and realize he is a buisness man, not a football genius. Fire that worthless piece of shit, Vinny Cerrato(VP of football operations......wtf!?!)

DE: The Redskins need to get to the QB much better, even with their talented secondary, their defense will struggle every week without being able to put any pressure on the QB.

DT: They basically need at least one guy that demands a double team. Stuff that run.

RB: They need a power RB. Obviously.

New England

RB- They have a solid platoon but that isn't going to work. They need a stable back with Faulk/Cloud at third down back. Plenty of solid backs in the draft this year including one from DII who played for Colgate by the name of Jamaal Branch...and then I found out he's a junior so he's off the table.

FB- Need a good stable blocking fullback as well, nothing fancy but a guy if they need a hard yard that they can give him the ball

WR- Personally, I don't think NE needs one but many fans will disagree. I like the core but if we have a fifth or sixth round pick, I'd say take a shot

OL- They can never have enough....believe me

CB- Need one to compliment Ty Law. I'd use one of the higher picks on this position.

S- The guy they are using to replace Milloy is decent, but it would be nice to have another one instead of just using a piece that doesn't fit but it does the job.

Oh and....

A FREAKING PUNTER!!!!

Titans

Believe it or not, I DON'T think they need help in the running game. When Eddie, Holcomb, and Brown all get carries in they can get 150-180 yards easy, just like last week. And Chris Brown is going to be a star. Jim Brown made over with the way he runs.

KICK RETURNERS THAT DON'T FUMBLE

Somebody in the secondary other than Samari Rolle. Tank Williams is a good tackler but thats it.

HEALTH ON THE DLINE. Every single one of those guys has been hurt on one or more occasions this year.

A healthy McNair. Just imagine what he could do.

Cincinnati Bengals

RB: Dillon is pretty much done, and I am comfortable with Rudi Johnson, but I would not be shocked if Cincy picked up a RB in the 1st or 2nd round since RB's seem to have the biggest turnover.

WR: They don't really need a WR for offense, but they need a WR or some speed player that can give them some legitamacy on kickoff and punt returns.

C: Richie Braham is getting old, but I could see him playing two more years.

DT: This leads into whether or not the Bengals need better DE's. I still think Justin Smith can become an elite pass rusher, but they need a mammoth DT that can bring an extra defender to them for passing situations and free up the LB's for our terrible run game.

LB: The Bengals LB core is getting old, and were not that good this year.

CB: Secondary play is usually indicative of how the front seven is doing getting to the QB, but from top to bottom, this secondary is terrible from coverage to tackling.

P: There will be a new punter in 2004.

Guest FrigidSoul
New England

RB- They have a solid platoon but that isn't going to work. They need a stable back with Faulk/Cloud at third down back. Plenty of solid backs in the draft this year including one from DII who played for Colgate by the name of Jamaal Branch...and then I found out he's a junior so he's off the table.

FB- Need a good stable blocking fullback as well, nothing fancy but a guy if they need a hard yard that they can give him the ball

WR- Personally, I don't think NE needs one but many fans will disagree. I like the core but if we have a fifth or sixth round pick, I'd say take a shot

OL- They can never have enough....believe me

CB- Need one to compliment Ty Law. I'd use one of the higher picks on this position.

S- The guy they are using to replace Milloy is decent, but it would be nice to have another one instead of just using a piece that doesn't fit but it does the job.

Oh and....

A FREAKING PUNTER!!!!

RB I agree with, but gimme Kevin Jones damnit

FB they should give Patrick Pass more of a chance. When healthy I like Larry Centers too...can't complain about a future HoFer

WR we're solid at, only thing we lack is that tall reciever who can grab a pass in the back of the endzone during Goal situations. Since I feel they'll cut David Patten a pick on a WR isn't too far fetched

OL will be a focus since Woody will probably be asking for too much, Compton is getting old, and Stephen Neal has done nothing but get injured. I'm also not a huge fan of Klemm. A good guard and tackle would be nice

CB we have somebody to compliment Law(if he stays, he has the option to opt out) and his name is Tyrone Poole. Also most people think Asaunte Samuel will be the second coming of Ty Law

With the safety position you're saying Rodney Harrison is just decent?! The guy is a Pro-Bowl snub and could win Defensive Player of the Year honors. He's been 5 times better than Milloy this year. Also Eugene Wilson has made Tebucky Jones look like crap.

Ken Walter hasn't been too bad since getting that week off so to say, still I'd rather have somebody better.

In closing I want the Pats to grab Kevin Jones in the draft along with a couple of O-Linemen and a tall wide-out. They can find some old European Soccer player to punt the ball

Harrison?!?!?!

NO!

The other guy took over Milloy's spot, Rodney was the FS not the SS.

I meant they need another SS.

And Tyrone Poole is getting old and if they lose Law, the corners suffer badly.

I wouldn't be shocked if they make a stupid run at Keyshawn. I hope they don't, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Guest FrigidSoul

You're wrong

Rodney Harrison is playing what was Milloy's position and Eugene Wilson is playing what was Tebucky Jones' position. Also Eugene Wilson should win Def rookie of the Year award. He's been better than Newman.

Tyrone Poole is fine, and they have depth at CB.

Keyshawn won't be coming here unless they want this to be the announcement for the Home Opener next season

"Starting at WR...Keyshawn Johnson...and now, the rest of your NE Patriots!"

You're wrong

Rodney Harrison is playing what was Milloy's position and Eugene Wilson is playing what was Tebucky Jones' position. Also Eugene Wilson should win Def rookie of the Year award. He's been better than Newman.

Tyrone Poole is fine, and they have depth at CB.

Keyshawn won't be coming here unless they want this to be the announcement for the Home Opener next season

"Starting at WR...Keyshawn Johnson...and now, the rest of your NE Patriots!"

Oh right, I got confused. This is what happens when you get two hours of sleep.

I still think an additional safety would be good in case of injury. Since NE gets nailed by the injury bug at least 7000 times a season.

I really don't see any major needs except maybe running back. Otherwise I think it's all good. Depth really seems like the only thing NE needs.

And even though I love Eugene....defensive rookie of the year? Come on man, Suggs for Baltimore has been better. He should get a couple of votes, but Suggs has been huge for the Ravens.

And didn't Harrison sign a one year deal?

The Saints:

A schedule against a bunch of GOOD teams because they only tend to fuck up against bad teams like Cincinnati two years ago.

A schedule of 16 games against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would help too.

Guest FrigidSoul

Harrison signed a 3 year deal and Suggs ended up winning the damn Def rookie award.

We do have a couple of back up Safeties...nothing special but good depth (Akins and one other guy)

The Pats really have no need for a CB unless they get rid of Law. In my mind the Poole and Law combo has been the best in the league this year.They may use Wilson as a CB next year and get another safety.

The Pats are really in a superb position with the draft (2 first rd,2 nd and two 4ths) So they can basically get a good RB,WR some Ol help and a little youth to the dl or lb corps.

Baltimore Ravens:

A good WR. Marcus Robinson might be the #1 reciever next year, which isn't that bad, but Travis Taylor has to go.

A kick returner. Brightful sucks.

A kicker to understudy Stover for a year. Stover's leg is just about gone, and although he's still a clutch kicker, he's having trouble kicking anything over 40 yards anymore. I'd draft a kicker this year.

A Shut Down CB if they lose Mcallister, but I hope that they resign him.

Consistency at QB. Uh, who am I kidding?

The Ravens are $25 million under the cap for next year. They need to resign a few players (Chris Mcallister is one) but they should still have enough money to sign a couple of players. They wont have a first round draft pick so the draft isn't going to be as strong as it has in the past.