Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salacious Crumb

What does your team need?

Tampa

Help on the O-Line

A WR with speed

A DT next to McFarland

A CB and safety

Also give Thomas Jones a better oppurtunity. He showed signs of being worth a Top 10 pick.

Where to start with Jacksonville.................

QB: They need to trade Brunell and get a WR or a draft pick

RB: As long as Fred Taylor doesn't get hurt, they are ok

WR: R.J. Soward was the worst draft pick ever and they need at least 2 WR's to be a force in the AFC South. Hopefully that's where the 1st round pick goes.

Defense: The defense is great up front but Hugh Douglas needs to stay healthy. They need new corners and hopefully they will use a draft pick on that area.

Kicking Game: Seth Marler is the worst starting kicker in the league, so obviously they should go out there and get one.....using a late round pick on Iowa's Nate Kaeding would be pretty nice too.

Coaching: Should have never fired Tom Coughlin.......nuff said.

QB: You're not going to get higher than a 2nd or 3rd rounder(if that) for Mark. Plus, it's not really that big a deal anyway since Leftwich is the permenant starter as it is.

RB: Agreed.

WR: Agreed. They are using the 1st rounder on a WR, without a doubt.

Defense: Agreed on the front 4, but Peterson needs some help in the LB unit. The secondary is pretty good when they decide to actually show up.

Kicking Game: Again, agreed.

Coaching: Whaaaaaa? The team HATED Coughlin and it showed the year before because they just stopped playing once they lost 3 in a row. Del Rio is doing fine and I think this team will get even better under him.

Guest Salacious Crumb

That makes no sense to me with Jacksonville. You have Jimmy Smith and Kevin Johnson, where's the need for a no.2 guy?

Smith's getting up there and has lost a step. Put Woods, Fitz(if the NFL let him enter), or Roy Williams in at the second slot(or third just to break them in) and it's one of the more dangerous WR corps in the league.

Throw in a healthy Fred Taylor and the Jags offense is downright scary.

Guest FrigidSoul

Brunell is being cut...kind of hard to get draft picks for a guy that won't be on the team.

Guest BobbyWhioux

Raiders:

Step 1: Someone needs to pry majority ownership from Al Davis' cold dead hands. I'm sick of the asshole dicking over the fans with PSL and threats to move back to L.A. and I'm sick of his destructive meddling with every coach that comes down the pike because the senile fool forgets HE'S NOT THE COACH ANYMORE AND IN FACT THE TEAM DIDN'T WIN ANYTHING WHEN HE WAS THE COACH! Guy fires Art Shell, fires Mike Shannahan, ran Gruden out of town... fuck, even drove John Madden to quit. That should give you an idea of how the little dictator runs things.

Plus, it would be nice to have an owner who didn't make a Committment To Giving The Finger To The NFL Top Brass And Generally Pissing Them All Off At Every Opportunity, for a change.

Step 2: Youth movement, of course. Particularly at WR. Rice and Brown are the same player type at this point, and it doesn't make sense to have BOTH of them on the roster. I mean, they're gonna have to replace both really soon, but at least one has to be moved along now.

49ers:

Step 1: Let Owens go, and commit that cap money to resigning their big free agents on DEFENSE; because that's where the best young talented players on the team all are. Guys like Peterson and Plummer and Parrish. If the 49ers are going to contend anytime soon, it's going to have to be under the Defense/Power Running/Don't Fuck It Up Quarterback model.

Step 2: Either committ to Rattay or Dorsey now, or trade one of them and renew the commitment to Garcia. While having too much talent at the quarterback position is sort of a 49er tradition [Tittle or Kilmer? Brodie or Spurrier? Montana or Young?] in the cap era you just can't have that kind of cash drain.

Step 3: Steal Mike Vanderjagt from the Colts by hook or by crook. Okay, maybe not going that far, but get a GOOD KICKER for once. Geez. They could've been 9-7 and possibly in the playoffs this year in spite of all their other flaws if it weren't for the piss poor kicking of Owen Pochman and the guy before him, and Todd Peterson looks good relative to those two but he's hardly Mr. Perfect himself, you know.

Guest FrigidSoul
Speaking of Owens. Any idea where he might end up next season?

I think he goes to Oakland and Rice goes back to San Fran to end his career, but that's just me.

I heard TO wants to go to Atlanta. Michael Vick at quarterback, Terrell Owens and Peerless Price as the 1 and 2 recievers, TJ Duckett and Warrick Dunn in the backfield. That offense is killer, even if Michael Vick becomes the Bo Jackson of our era that's still a Super Bowl quality offense. I also heard they'll let Jeff Garcia walk instead of Owens and Jeff Garcia will sign with Detroit to be with Mariucci.

Guest FrigidSoul
I heard TO wants to go to Atlanta. Michael Vick at quarterback, Terrell Owens and Peerless Price as the 1 and 2 recievers, TJ Duckett and Warrick Dunn in the backfield. That offense is killer, even if Michael Vick becomes the Bo Jackson of our era that's still a Super Bowl quality offense. I also heard they'll let Jeff Garcia walk instead of Owens and Jeff Garcia will sign with Detroit to be with Mariucci.

1.) TO doesn't like to share the ball...he likes to be The Reciever in the offense and Price will take away his oppurunities for more catches

2.) The Lions have Harrington who will be good once he has James Stewart and Charles Rogers back. He also needs an O-Line to protect him. Garcia is turning into crap.

The TO rumor I've heard from Deion Saunders on the CBS pregame show. But maybe Deion's just being Deion. The Detroit rumor I've heard from numerous places. I mean Detroit aren't exactly geniuses, I could see them trading away Joey Harrington to get old Jeff Garcia.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I doubt they have the cap room to sign him unless they want to gut the defense. The offense would be awesome but they'd never get anywhere without a good defense.

Guest FrigidSoul

Deion's probably just running his mouth on nothing. Remember he wants to be the head coach of the Falcons so of course he's going to try to get what he feels is the best reciever out there to go to Atlanta.

Also the Bills might not need a Head Coach much longer...ESPNEWS said they're going after Dick Jauron... as a Pats fan that makes me so happy.

Does anyone agree with me that the Pats are in a position to be the best team in the NFL for years to come? They are the best team in the NFL with a ton of drat picks and th best coach in the NFL and a franchise QB. I know the word dynasty is dead in the NFL but could this be the start of a new one?

There will be no dynasties. Out of those ton of draft picks, some won't work out. And the ones that do work out will be wanting pay raises in the near future.

The best you could hope for in this day and age is to consistently be good enough, to be in a position to win. Like the Pats and Eagles have done the last few years. But you aren't going to get the dominant, perennial Super Bowl teams anymore.

And let's not forget, this incarnation of the Patriots isn't even a good enough team to bring in the dynasty term.

Their running game may be getting better the last few weeks, but I wouldn't say it is good right now. And their offense, as a whole, is inconsistent.

Guest FrigidSoul
And let's not forget, this incarnation of the Patriots isn't even a good enough team to bring in the dynasty term.

Their running game may be getting better the last few weeks, but I wouldn't say it is good right now. And their offense, as a whole, is inconsistent.

so say the Pats win the SB without a main event RB...they have 2 first round picks to use towards grabbing one. Also the Pats are looking good as far as the Cap goes.

If we can keep our cooridinators and Scott Piolli (Director of Player Personel) then I say there's a damn good chance they head towards dynasty mode. I mean in last year's draft they drafted 5 players who ended up being bonafied starters...not too shabby eh?

WHat would you say if they were to win the Superbowl this year? That would be the second in 3 years. Their 9-7 record last year wasnt THAT bad considering they played a #2 seed schedule. Next year they may regress a bit again but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Getting Colvin back, adding MORE Bellichick/Pioli rookies to an already young team, unloading wastes of money like Antoine Smith...

Not to mention having one of the best CB pairs in the NFL.

Good young WR core that is getting better with each game. David Givens will be the #1 guy next year since Troy Brown is likely not to return.

All this and they will be 15+ Million under the cap to boot.

Things look good :)

Guest FrigidSoul
Good young WR core that is getting better with each game. David Givens will be the #1 guy next year since Troy Brown is likely not to return.

Actually Brown is more likely to return than Givens seeing as how he's Brady's go to reciever. I see Patten being cut and Troy Brown sticking around for one or two more years until Deion Branch takes over the "Go to guy" role.

If the Pats were to win the Super Bowl this year and make it to at least the AFC championship next year, I will start to consider them in a dynasty discussion. But like you said, they went 9-7 last year, I don't care who they played. If they are a dynasty caliber team, they wouldn't lose 7 games.

But at this point, we are talking two great years out of three. That doesn't exactly scream dynasty.

Miami Dolphins

Head Coach - ::sigh::

Is Wannstedt not too well-liked in Miami? Ive always considered him one of the better coaches in the NFL.

Actually Brown is more likely to return than Givens seeing as how he's Brady's go to reciever. I see Patten being cut and Troy Brown sticking around for one or two more years until Deion Branch takes over the "Go to guy" role.

Actually the ONLY way Brown stays in New England after this year is if he takes a paycut.

Guest FrigidSoul

Troy Brown doesn't make much and David Patten had serious knee surgery. Sometimes I wonder if you know anything about sports what-so-ever

Don't forget about complacency, that thing that makes a team that went to the Super Bowl 9-7 the next year. Or a team that won the Super Bowl to go 7-9 the next year.

49ers:

Step 1: Let Owens go, and commit that cap money to resigning their big free agents on DEFENSE; because that's where the best young talented players on the team all are. Guys like Peterson and Plummer and Parrish. If the 49ers are going to contend anytime soon, it's going to have to be under the Defense/Power Running/Don't Fuck It Up Quarterback model.

Step 2: Either committ to Rattay or Dorsey now, or trade one of them and renew the commitment to Garcia. While having too much talent at the quarterback position is sort of a 49er tradition [Tittle or Kilmer? Brodie or Spurrier? Montana or Young?] in the cap era you just can't have that kind of cash drain.

Step 3: Steal Mike Vanderjagt from the Colts by hook or by crook. Okay, maybe not going that far, but get a GOOD KICKER for once. Geez. They could've been 9-7 and possibly in the playoffs this year in spite of all their other flaws if it weren't for the piss poor kicking of Owen Pochman and the guy before him, and Todd Peterson looks good relative to those two but he's hardly Mr. Perfect himself, you know.

1. They probably will let Owens go and put the franchise tag on him, thus meaning they will have another first round pick, or something to that effect. Besides, Julian Peterson is a bit more valuable, as these days, it's all about the defense. Yes, I do agree, they need to keep Peterson and Parrish. Plummer can go. The 49ers could use a good shutdown corner.

2. They drafted Dorsey for a reason. Rattay will probably be the one to go, if they have to decide between those two.

3. They should draft Nate Kaeding from Iowa.