17 members have voted

1. 1. So, far which has been the best ?

• SouthernPLayalisticcadalafunkymusik
    • ATliens
    • Aquemini
    • Stankonia
    • Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

My vote still goes to Aquemini.

My reason:There really isn't a song I dont get tired of on that album. I still breeze the album through at least three times a week. I mean the latest is funky but Aqemini takes the Stank. i.e. "The Art of Storytelling prt.2","Liberation", and who could ever forget one of my favorite tracks of all time "Spodieodiedopalicious"(dont even think I spelled it right).

Well, I wasn't an album buying fan till "Hey Ya" came out. I mean, I liked them but wasn't on with the buying albums.

So by default, I gotta take Speakerboxx

Aquemini, probably my favorite rap album ever. Stankonia is a really close second, but it gets a tad murky towards the end.

I wouldn't say that every - or any - Outkast album is a concept album. Nothing they've done except maybe The Love Below could really be called a concept album. But, all their albums, especially from Aquemini on, are extremely coherent, cohesive, and consistent in mood and manner, which works fine for me.

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is back at number 1 on the Billboard charts, by the way. 3.1 million copies of a double album solid in 15 weeks, it's never dropped out of the top ten, and the first pair of singles are still the #1 and #2 songs in the country. Amazing.

I think they were all concept or gimmick albums. ATliens they claimed to be from another planet like groups from the 70's. Aquemini again played tribute to the 70's as it was funky. Stankonia was about the crazy costumes they could wear. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below was a double solo album.