• bringing it all back home
    • highway 61 revisited
    • blonde on blonde
    • john welsey harding
    • blood on the tracks
    • desire
    • time out of mind
    • love and theft

thought i'd take 2 popular recent topics (the "album of albums" format and bob dylan) and put them together into something new and exciting that will probably get something like 2 replies and 4 votes.

me: 'blood on the tracks'. probably his most tightly constructed album, most emotional, lots of great songs, & his best vocals.

Tough one. For me it's really close between "Highway 61 Revisited" and "Blood on the Tracks" and my vote could change instantly, but I picked "Blood on the Tracks". Tangled Up in Blue settled it.

me: 'blood on the tracks'. probably his most tightly constructed album, most emotional, lots of great songs, & his best vocals.

Repeat that for me, pretty much verbatim. Earlier stuff is more "important," but this is his peak.

Bob Dylan has so many great albums that it's hard to choose, but at the moment, I'd say John Wesley Harding.

interesting choice, why'd you go with that one?

I'm not really sure, to be honest. It's the only album of his I really sit down and listen to the whole way through, as opposed to, say, Blonde On Blonde or Highway 61 Revisited where I'll skip over several of the songs. John Wesley Harding doesn't have many highlights, it's just incredibly consistant.

Blood On The Tracks seems to the the consensus answer here, although I've only heard Idiot Wind and Tangled Up In Blue, both great songs. I need to pick up a copy of that, and it might change my mind.