TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The NFL Playoff Graveyard

Guest FrigidSoul
I'd just like to say to Frigid....dude, chill out.

You are setting yourself to get a railroad spike shoved up your a*s if the Pats lose.

You really have crossed the line between fan and cocky overprotective nutcase. And as a Pats fan myself, I'm saying "PLEASE BE QUIET!"

If they win the Super Bowl, you can act nutty then.

If a team beats the Pats I'll give them their dues, so long as its a clean win and not full of iffy calls that decide the outcome.

I've always been defensive of my prefered sports teams, something I always will be.

Don't you tell me when I can and can't be nutty! *Homer Simpson psycho routine from TreeHouse of Horror episode where they parody Psycho*

RIP Green Bay.

Perhaps in death we'll be able to understand how you allowed McNabb to convert on 4th and 26...or exactly where it was Favre was throwing to.

If you look closely you can see a little tear on the field. That's where Green Bay's man had used his special powers to burrow under and come up with the catch...however he was stopped and eaten on the way by a tunnel worm.......he will be missed.

1. When your opponent has shown no ability to stop your running game, one yard for a first down should be elementary.

2. 4th and 26 should never be converted for a first down.

3. If your play has fallen apart, do not chunk the ball up and hope that your receivers can catch up to it after halting their routes.

4. YOU CANNOT CALL TWO TIMEOUTS IN SUCCESSION ON DEFENSE.

Follow these rules for life and you might one day play in the NFC Championship. Until then, keep dreaming.

2003 Packers: 11 wins 7 losses, eliminated in the Divisional Round.

Guest Salacious Crumb
RIP Green Bay.  4th & 1 should be etched into the tombstone.

I think that call was fine.

It was that damn pass Favre threw in OT that really cost them the game. I knew the second he did that it was over for the Pack.

Also blame Franks for tripping Green on that 4th and Goal.

Edited by Mad Dog

We're referring to 4th and 1, where a first down would end the game with like 1:52 left.

Instead, Favre gets a DELAY OF GAME (????) and they punt. McNabb, the league's true MVP, leads the birds to victory.:)

I was there and that's how I saw it.:):):):)

We're referring to 4th and 1, where a first down would end the game with like 1:52 left.

Instead, Favre gets a DELAY OF GAME (????) and they punt. McNabb, the league's true MVP, leads the birds to victory.:)

I was there and that's how I saw it.:):):):)

I don't think that was Farve's fault. It was the lengthy side bar to decide rather to go for it or not. You can see him laugh when he goes off the field kind of a "this is so stupid" look.

I'd put 4th & 26 on the tombstone before I put on 4th & 1, since the former play sticks out in my head much more (giving up the 27 yard play when you had to have it)

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I think Campbell's Chunky Clam Chowder should be served at the Packer's wake.

"If a team beats the Pats I'll give them their dues, so long as its a clean win and not full of iffy calls that decide the outcome"

Iffy calls that decide the outcome?

That's the Patriots thing...not their opponents.

The last iffy-call win that the Pats had was the Tuck Rule game in the Snow two years ago. And even that one was the correct call, as the rule had been written.

It's not like they went 14-2 b/c of bullshit calls ... plus, it happened against the Raiders, who have a longer history of winning with questionable calls than anyone else. (Immaculate Reception, Fumblerooski, etc.) So, maybe that one was just a bit of karma.

"If a team beats the Pats I'll give them their dues, so long as its a clean win and not full of iffy calls that decide the outcome"

The last iffy-call win that the Pats had was the Tuck Rule game in the Snow two years ago. And even that one was the correct call, as the rule had been written.

It's not like they went 14-2 b/c of bullshit calls ... plus, it happened against the Raiders, who have a longer history of winning with questionable calls than anyone else. (Immaculate Reception, Fumblerooski, etc.) So, maybe that one was just a bit of karma.

The immaculate reception was the Steelers. I always thought that the Raiders got jobbed a lot by the refs.

By the way, I call dibs on digging the grave for Carolina. They're not long for this playoff world.

In fact, the Tuck Rule in the Snow Game was considered long-term payback for the Sugar Bear Hamilton's not-quite-roughing-the-passer-penalty on Kenny Stabler that allowed the Raiders to win a playoff game against the Pats, and then go on to win their first SuperBowl in '76

So, yes, revenge is a dish best served cold

The immaculate reception was the Steelers. I always thought that the Raiders got jobbed a lot by the refs.

Good call, you're right and I'm wrong. It was Franco Harris and the Steelers that got the better end of the deal there, not the Raiders. My bad.

No. No, no, a thousand times no.

It's 4th and 1. Your running back gained over 1800 yards in the regular season. Today, he's rushed for over 150, and the defense has shown no real ability to stop him. A first down means the game is over, since if Philly does get the ball back, they'd have precious little time to do anything. You *absolutely* MUST go for the first down there. There shouldn't even be a second thought. There's no silver medal for finishing second, and there's no next week if you lose. Go for it. Any coach who doesn't even try to rush for ONE FUCKING YARD in that situation is a gutless pussy and should be immediately fired for letting his players down like that.

Any coach who doesn't even try to rush for ONE FUCKING YARD in that situation is a gutless pussy and should be immediately fired for letting his players down like that.

dont let your greenbay hate blind you, buddy.

Mike Sherman got in warren sapp's face last year after a game for injuring one of his players. if hes a 'gutless pussy' then i dont know anybody with nutz.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's 4th and 1. Your running back gained over 1800 yards in the regular season. Today, he's rushed for over 150, and the defense has shown no real ability to stop him. A first down means the game is over, since if Philly does get the ball back, they'd have precious little time to do anything. You *absolutely* MUST go for the first down there. There shouldn't even be a second thought. There's no silver medal for finishing second, and there's no next week if you lose. Go for it. Any coach who doesn't even try to rush for ONE FUCKING YARD in that situation is a gutless pussy and should be immediately fired for letting his players down like that.

I wasn't totally for the call but compared to Favre throwing the ball up so even an old lady in a wheelchair could catch it was the bigger fuck up IMO.

EDIT: And it wouldn't have been AS bad if Bidwell could punt for a damn and had not kicked it into the endzone.

I wasn't totally for the call but compared to Favre throwing the ball up so even an old lady in a wheelchair could catch it was the bigger fuck up IMO.

EDIT: And it wouldn't have been AS bad if Bidwell could punt for a damn and had not kicked it into the endzone.

4th and 26. I think those are the only two numbers that matter here.

They were going for it. Then they got delay of game.....and it became 4th and 6.

And I wouldn't write The Panthers off yet. I mean I'm an Eagles fan and even I'm doubting there ability to take that Carolina team.

dont let your greenbay hate blind you, buddy.

I'm indifferent toward the Packers, as I am to the Eagles. I was rooting for the Packers to win simply because I had picked them to do so. Once Sherman was exposed as a sissy, I immediately began hoping they would lose.

Mike Sherman got in warren sapp's face last year after a game for injuring one of his players. if hes a 'gutless pussy' then i dont know anybody with nutz.

I guess you don't know anybody with "nutz," then. What Sherman did last year was stupid. Bravery and foolishness should not be confused.

They were going for it. Then they got delay of game.....and it became 4th and 6.

When did you start watching football, last week?

They weren't going for it. They had no intention of going for it. All they were trying to do was draw the defense offside. Since that failed (as it usually does in those spots), they took the delay penalty to back up five yards and get a better kicking angle for the deep corners of the field. Of course, their punter is a fucking stain, so that ended up being pointless. They definitely weren't going for it, though. If they were, I think they would have snapped the goddamn ball at some point.

I guess you don't know anybody with "nutz," then. What Sherman did last year was stupid. Bravery and foolishness should not be confused.

I would still be laughing my ass off to this day if Sapp laid out Sherman that day

And I wouldn't write The Panthers off yet. I mean I'm an Eagles fan and even I'm doubting there ability to take that Carolina team.

Green Bay was never going for it on that play. They went out there to try and draw the Eagles offsides. Then when that didn't work, they took the delay on purpose to give their punter an extra five yards to try and pin the Eagles deep (which also didn't work).

I'm a life long Eagles fan and have seen all the disappointments, and I was beyond happy when G.B. punted. I honestly thought the game was over, because I assumed that there was no way they'd punt, and that there was no way our tired D would hold them.

I just still can't believe that game. I get chills thinking about it.

Ah......I see now. No I didn't start watching last week but I did start watching just this season. So I didn't understand. Jeez....I didn't know........

So that's why Bret was laughing walking off the field with that "What the fuck" grin.