TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The NFL Playoff Graveyard

What Tom said about Ahman Green was what I was saying as they were deciding whether to go for it or not. The Fox announce team was right to say that Sherman didn't show real guts by going for it when it REALLY counted after doing it twice the previous week against Seattle. I literally screamed at the television "THEY CAN'T STOP THE RUN! JUST FUCKING RUN IT!"

My father wasn't pleased to hear such language, but I knew that 1:45 or so after the punt would have been plenty of time for the Eagles to get into field goal range.

Make sure those two plots are for the Patriots and Eagles.

Guest FrigidSoul

Goodbye Eagles, your QB might not be as bad as I truly believe he is but your wide recievers suck. Time for you to release Pinkston, and Thrash

Pats and Eagles aren't friends.

Let's look at who Panthers has defeated this postseason....

the number 1 defense in NFL (Dallas)

one of the best offenses (St. Louis)

One of the best teams in the second half of the season (Philadelphia)

I can see them notching on the heads of the best team in AFC in Patriots.

I was making a joke! But of course you had to ruin it!

*huffs off*

Guest FrigidSoul

Dallas - Look at all the Offensive powerhouses they played. Pats sent them on their downward spiral

St. Louis - Mike Martz is an idiot and the Pats exposed in the 2001 SB how to succesfully beat them

Philli - Over-rated shitty offense with a defense you can run on all day

I've given the Panthers their dues, why can't the Pats get theirs?

Guest Salacious Crumb

So..........

The Panthers exposed the 3 most overrated teams in the playoffs.

The Patriots are NOT overrated. In 2 consecutive weeks they shut down both MVP's. If the Panthers are going to win (possible, but not likely), they'll have to do it on defense.

Guest FrigidSoul
Right... time to expose overrated team #4

The Chiefs didn't make it to the SuperBowl so it won't be happening

Guest FrigidSoul
The Patriots are highly overrated......

I don't disagree that the Patriots will probably win the Super Bowl, but if they do, it's going to be on luck.

Because you rack up 14 straight wins on luck and not talent. You're a dolt...the commitee is voting you off the island of Intelligent Football Fans.

Pats 9-0 against teams with winning records

3 shutouts at home

Pats went through both Co-MVPs, Carolina was fortunate that the Rams were lead by Mike Martz and not somebody intelligent. Dallas doesn't have a QB or RB, and the Eagles don't have a WR core that can catch the ball nor do they have a defense that can stop the run.

Pats stop the run? Check

Pats have a good coach? Check(Coach of the Year too)

Pats have a QB? 80% career winning percentage...I say Check

WRs that can catch the ball? Check

Time for you to ride off into the sunset Gunslinger, cause round dese here parts we don't take stupidity kindly *spits chew juice on your boot*

The Patriots are EXTREMELY good yes, but the Panthers just have such a solid game, plus I love their style of play. It's right out of the 1950s or something, beat the hell out of the other team and pound the ball out on the ground.

Oh yeah, good-fucking-bye Philadelphia, you knew you got lucky last week.

Thing is, Frigid, your checklist can be matched up with Carolina almost perfectly, with the exception of QB win percentage (Delhomme's, with the Panthers, is a shade below 75%).

It's going to be close, at the very least.

Guest FrigidSoul

I was more trying to prove that they weren't over-rated. Plus Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster carry that team's offense...give us one of those backs and we may have gone undefeated.

The Patriots are EXTREMELY good yes, but the Panthers just have such a solid game, plus I love their style of play. It's right out of the 1950s or something, beat the hell out of the other team and pound the ball out on the ground.

Oh yeah, good-fucking-bye Philadelphia, you knew you got lucky last week.

And the Pats can do the same thing.

Woody Paige was right today.

This Carolina team IS the Patriots from 2 years ago. Unknown QB, powerful runner whose career looked down, a speed back that is used as a hands receiver but can break one, solid defensive line, strong linebackers and a secondary that may not outrun you but they will hit you.

I swear, this is like twins about ready to do battle.

I can't pick a favorite and no one in their right mind could say one of these teams is better than the other. They are just DEAD EQUAL in every area.

The Panthers can pound the ball on the ground, the Pats have proven the last three weeks that they can pound the ball on the ground.

Panthers have a QB who won't make many mistakes, Patriots have a QB who won't make many mistakes.

Panthers are seen as lucky by most, the Patriots are seen as lucky by most.

The Panthers got NO LOVE from the press for beating Philly (since Philly beat themselves according to the press) and the Patriots get NO LOVE since it was obviously Peyton Manning.

All the Panthers do is win, all the Patriots do is win.

Where in the hell does either of these teams have an advantage? They are basically brothers. It really is the god damn Civil War.

All I am going to say about the Birds is that was clearly a late hit, it's only intention to injure McNabb's leg. Well, the leg withstood it, but he ended up with torn rib cartilege, and I think he deserves at least some credit for playing hurt like that, as long as he could. The fact that he showed guts like that lessened the pain of the loss for me.