TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The NFL Playoff Graveyard

Time for you to ride off into the sunset Gunslinger, cause round dese here parts we don't take stupidity kindly *spits chew juice on your boot*

What is wrong with you? I'm not trying to start up shit. I'm merely expressing my opinion, and yes it's biased towards the Panthers.... so what? That's just who I prefer and I'm sorry, I do agree that Patriots are very good, they are also very overrated in my opinion.

All I am going to say about the Birds is that was clearly a late hit, it's only intention to injure McNabb's leg. Well, the leg withstood it, but he ended up with torn rib cartilege, and I think he deserves at least some credit for playing hurt like that, as long as he could. The fact that he showed guts like that lessened the pain of the loss for me.

The guy didn't know that McNabb was grabbed by his shoe and figured he just tripped. Hell, only replays showed that someone had already gotten to him instead of him falling back.

ESPN went over many of those non calls and both the 4th and 10 (Willie didn't grab Pollard, his hands were glued to his chest cause he remembers Marshall Faulk in the Super Bowl and the only linebacker that grabbed him was after Pollard pushed off to gain space) and the late hit (no whistle and the offensive linemen for the Eagles just WATCHED) were actually the correct calls.

Do the Eagles players even like McNabb? Cause the offensive line sure likes to see him get hit.

All I am going to say about the Birds is that was clearly a late hit, it's only intention to injure McNabb's leg. Well, the leg withstood it, but he ended up with torn rib cartilege, and I think he deserves at least some credit for playing hurt like that, as long as he could. The fact that he showed guts like that lessened the pain of the loss for me.

The guy didn't know that McNabb was grabbed by his shoe and figured he just tripped. Hell, only replays showed that someone had already gotten to him instead of him falling back.

Yeah but he was down on the ground. The guy could've just touched him, but instead he folds his leg up to his head. There should've been some sort of call on that one.

Woody Paige was right today.

This Carolina team IS the Patriots from 2 years ago. Unknown QB, powerful runner whose career looked down, a speed back that is used as a hands receiver but can break one, solid defensive line, strong linebackers and a secondary that may not outrun you but they will hit you.

The only problem with this comparison is that New England has NOTHING in common with the Rams of 2001. They're not a pretty-boy team with a flashy nickname and a fear of getting hit. The main reason that the Patriots beat the Rams is because Martz was too stupid and proud to win with Faulk (he'd rather lose with his "greatest show on turf" mentaility) and because the Pats D absolutely hammered the Rams WRs. How many times did you see a WR drop to the turf and get tagged down rather than try to evade a hit and get the huge gains that their offense needed to score points?

The problem for Carolina is going to be the fact that 99% of their offense is based off of the run, and New England had the 4th ranked rushing defense. With Ted Washington clogging the middle, the Pats fast LBs maintaining an edge on the outside, and Belichik and Crennel having two weeks to devise a defensive scheme to match up with Davis & Foster, it'll boil down to Jake Delhomme winning the Super Bowl. And I really don't see that happening.

Seeing as I am from NC, I should be the first to bury New England tonight.

It's only right.

EDIT: And Sledgehammer still hasn't come back to the Sports folder.

Really? You may want to rethink that...

Looks like the curse of (Brent) Buckner lives on

in the foot of Kasay...

BUAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, by the way, the weak NE OL gave up

0 sacks in the post-season. Like that Sapp?