TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salacious Crumb

1/4/04 results

Guest Salacious Crumb

Strong Style Spirit

NJPW "WRESTLING WORLD 2004", 1/4/04 (WPW/NJ+IWTV Internet)

Tokyo Dome

53,000 Fans - No Vacancy

1. Hirooki Goto beat Naofumi Yamamoto (6:21) with a crab hold.

2. Katsushi Takemura beat El Samurai (6:53) with a moonsault press.

3. Makai #1, Mitsuya Nagai, Ryushi Yanagisawa & Ryota Chikuzen beat Enson Inoue, Hiro Saito, Tatsutoshi Goto & Michiyoshi Ohara (11:55) when Nagai used the Hyper Knee Tiger on Goto.

4. Shinya Makabe & Toru Yano beat Blue Wolf & Wataru Inoue (10:18) when Makabe used a German suplex hold on Inoue.

5. Masayuki Naruse beat Tadao Yasuda (2:09) by DQ.

5a. Masayuki Naruse beat Tadao Yasuda (0:30) by referee stop.

6. Ryusuke Taguchi beat Akiya Anzawa (4:53) with a dropkick.

7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Jado & Gedo © beat Heat & Tiger Mask (17:15) when Gedo used a Superfly splash on Heat (1st defense).

8. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Jushin Thunder Liger beat Takashi Sugiura © (17:52) with an avalanche-style brainbuster to become the 8th champion.

9. U-30 Openweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi © beat Yutaka Yoshie (17:06) with a Dragon suplex hold (6th defense).

10. Josh Barnett & Takashi Iizuka beat Kazunari Murakami & Katsuyori Shibata (16:04) when Barnett used a Captured buster on Murakami.

11. Osamu Nishimura beat Minoru Suzuki (9:39) with a backslide.

12. Manabu Nakanishi beat Genichiro Tenryu (10:20) with a Fisherman suplex hold.

13. Yuji Nagata beat Kensuke Sasaki (12:10) by referee stop.

14. Masahiro Chono Return Match: Keiji Muto & Bob Sapp beat Masahiro Chono & Hiroyoshi Tenzan (21:00) when Sapp used a powerbomb on Tenzan.

15. Unification Match - IWGP Heavyweight Title & NWF Heavyweight Title: Shinsuke Nakamura © beat Yoshihiro Takayama © (13:55) with a chickenwing armlock (1st defense) to become the 18th NWF Heavyweight Champion.

Thank the Lord Takayama didn't win. I wasn't really surprised by the outcome of the tag match except that Sapp was the one to pin Tenzan instead of Mutoh. Gedo and Jado retaining sucks since that means they'll survive the roster cuts. Tadao Yasuda looks to be on the way out hopefully.

EDIT: This must've been some show as Stuart seems to be acting like this is a revival for Japanese wrestling.

Edited by Mad Dog

Guest JebusNassedar

Yes, but keep in mind that Stuart has an almost unhealthy NJPW tilt.

*ahem*

I too am glad Takayama didnt win. New Japan REALLY needs to build new stars, and this is a fantastic way to start.

The only match I'm interested in seeing, though, is Barnett/Iizuka Vs. Murakami/Shibata, and maybe Naruse/Yasuda. I think what's being done with Naruse is just great, even if it is fuelsed solely on an MMA win.

Lyger beat Suigiura! I bet the two people who bet on Suigiura feel bad.

One last thing: if NJPW goes through all the formatting, PLEASE fire Makabe. He cant even do a lariat well.

Guest RickyChosyu
I think what's being done with Naruse is just great, even if it is fuelsed solely on an MMA win.

What's really funny about that is reading Stuart go on about the "Puro Pro Revival" as if this show had no MMA influence at all. Good stuff. :)

Guest Colonel Meez

The show was great, just finished watching a bunch of the matches, and it lived up to the hype! Sasaki-Nagata is an absolute bloodbath, worse than youve ever seen,Nagata at one point is lying in a pool of his own blood!

Guest Dynamite Kido
The show was great, just finished watching a bunch of the matches, and it lived up to the hype! Sasaki-Nagata is an absolute bloodbath, worse than youve ever seen,Nagata at one point is lying in a pool of his own blood!

Well, it is good to see that Yuji is still being used in the total badass role.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah, especially after he just got knocked on his ass in a shoot fight not even a week earlier. ;)

Guest Dynamite Kido

Yeah, especially after he just got knocked on his ass in a shoot fight not even a week earlier. ;)

Exactly my point. And he still destroyed Sasaki which would make absolutely no sense to put the belt on Sasaki as some people are expecting with the title being put up.