21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is above the others?

• Pablo Honey
    • The Bends
    • OK Computer
    • Kid A
    • Amnesiac
    • Hail to the Thief

it's all about 'the bends'. without a doubt, their songwriting peak. i know i'm in the minority, but i never really found 'ok computer' to be all that moving. i enjoy the album, but i've never been knocked on my ass by its greatness. 'the bends' doesn't flow well enough as a whole to knock me on my ass, but there's several moments that do. especially "street spirit," which is the greatest song i've heard in the last ten years.

The Bends, from what I've heard. Just getting into them though, and I'll admit that a small part of the reason that I didn't go for OK Computer was simply because I knew everyone else was going to pick it, but eh. Go Bends go.

The Bends is another really strong choice. For me, it falls apart a bit after "My Iron Lung," though. "Black Star," "Bulletproof," and "Sulk" re-tread territory I think the band covers better earlier in the album, and the whole trio acts as a bit of a downer on the way into the blow-away "Street Spirit."

And OK Computer ends with a triangle, which after many years I've come around to recognizing as a great finale. Go triangles.

My list:

OKC

Kid A

The Bends

HTTT

PH

Amnesiac

I'd put the "I Might Be Wrong" EP/Mini Album between HTTT and The Bends.

it's all about 'the bends'.  without a doubt, their songwriting peak.  i know i'm in the minority, but i never really found 'ok computer' to be all that moving.  i enjoy the album, but i've never been knocked on my ass by its greatness.  'the bends' doesn't flow well enough as a whole to knock me on my ass, but there's several moments that do.  especially "street spirit,"  which is the greatest song i've heard in the last ten years.

Change "Street Spirit" to the title track, and I agree with everything written in this post.

EDIT: And the part about it being "the greatest song" in the last ten years.

Edited by Squirtle!

"Kid A" was the first Radiohead cd I ever actually owned so it will probably hold a special place in my heart for a long time.

I also really love "Hail To The Theif" and "Ok Computer." No such thing as bad Radiohead though.