TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Ask The Professor

01.04.04 | We will kick off 2004 with our return to LIVE PPV this Wednesday (1/7/04) night featuring Ultimate X2, the second installment of one of the most

unique matches to come along in years. Two giant steel cables will cross 15

feet above the ring forming an "X". Hanging in the balance and hanging above

mid-ring will be Michael Shane's X Division Championship belt. This time

three challengers (instead of two) will be vying to climb the cables and

take down the title belt as Low-Ki, Christopher Daniels and Chris Sabin are

gunning for the gold. Shane won the X Division Championship at the first

Ultimate X (8/20/03) leading to a four-plus month reign, the longest in TNA history. Shane and Sabin have a huge experience edge since both competed in the first Ultimate. Also Wednesday, we will answer several intriguing questions. Will Jeff Jarrett be forced to defend his NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship and, if so, who will be the challenger. Who will Raven choose as his mystery partner to gain revenge against his former Gathering mates, Julio Dinero and C.M. Punk? And who will be awarded the Mr. TNA 2003 trophy? We know that the three finalists are Jarrett, Raven and A.J. Styles. In addition, check out the new single from 3 Live Kru and we'll hear once again from Roddy Piper. It's all this Wednesday on the NWA's Total Non Stop Action PPV!

For months I've received hundreds of letters from TNA fans who are not able to receive our weekly PPV broadcasts. Reasons range from location (international fans) to satellite providers (Dish Network viewers). Well TNA ON DEMAND is for you. You can now watch NWA TNA PPVs on your personal computer. Also, fans who ARE able to watch our PPVs can now re-live their favorite moments and shows. Fans who are new to the TNA product can watch previous shows. For more details, check out TNA ON DEMAND on this website.

We invite your questions and comments to [email protected]. Remember that due to the heavy volume, Mike is not able to answer every question or respond personally. Please include your hometown and state (and country if outside the U.S.). Let's go to the electronic mailbag

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever happened to Terry Funk?

ANSWER: The Hardcore Legend and former NWA Worlds Champion, Terry Funk, still makes occassional in-ring appearances. Funk is billed to appear on MLW's January 10 event in Orlando, Florida, against Steve Corino (MLW champ) in a no ropes, barbed wire, I quit match with Corino's title at stake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I vote for Mr. TNA? I'd like to vote for A.J. Styles.

ANSWER: Balloting was conducted on this website in December, 2003. We'll find out if Styles wins the award when it's presented LIVE this Wednesday night.

Was Erik Watts one half of the tag team Kronik?

ANSWER:No, Kronik was Brian Adams and Bryan Clarke.

Hey Mike, I'm curious to know what happened to Justin Credible? I liked his series of matches in TNA against Jerry Lynn.

ANSWER: Justin Credible has primarily been wrestling for All Japan Pro in the Orient. He also wrestles for MLW and appeared on a recent combined Ring Of Honor/All Japan event in Philadelphia.

I am a massive TNA fan and the product is simply superb, great work guys. I just received my TNA Best Of DVDs. I ordered all three and they are amazing.

ANSWER: Thanks for the kind words. If you haven't ordered the three DVDs yet, I'd suggest you check out this website for more information and add the Best Of the X Division, Best of the NWA Title Matches and Best Of The Bloodiest Brawls to your wrestling library.

What is "The Golden Greek Of Wrestling" John "The Maniac" Tolos doing these days?

ANSWER: Tolos is retired from wrestling and residing in Southern California. He's a regular attendee at the annual Cauliflower Alley Banquet in Las Vegas. By the way, this year CAC is April 15-17 at The Plaza Hotel, Downtown Las Vegas.

Did Mike Rotunda retire? Does he wrestle on any indy circuits?

ANSWER: Rotunda is now aligned with the IWA promotion in Japan joining the likes of Steve "Dr. Death" Williams, Barry Windham and Ted DiBiase

Apart from Gordon Solie, who would you say are your favorite play by play and color announcers of all time? And what is your opinion of Tazz as a WWE commentator.

ANSWER: In terms of play by play, apart from Solie, my favorites would be Jim Ross, Lance Russell and Dick Lane (Los Angeles TV announcer from 1950s-70s). I think Bobby Heenan was the best color commentator of all time and I think Tazz does a terrific job as a color man on Smackdown.

First, I wanted to say I got the TNA DVDs for Christmas. I haven't been let down by one match! Ultimate X was sweet as well as the cage match between AMW and Triple X. I'd never seen a TNA match up to this point and I was really excited watching. The match quality is amazing and Christopher Daniels is one of the most gifted athletes I've ever seen. Hearing you and Don West gets me hyped up even more.

ANSWER: We're thrilled that you enjoyed the DVDs. You won't want to miss the Ultimate X2 this Wednesday, featuring The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels.

Is it true that the wrestler RepoMan was really Thrash from The Headbangers?

ANSWER: No, Repo was Barry Darsow aka Demolition Smash, Krusher Kruschev, Black Top Bully and Mr. Hole In One.

At what event did Sid Vicious hit a flying boot from the second rope and snap his ankle and destroy it when he landed?

ANSWER: WCW's SIN PPV on January 14, 2001, at Indianapolis, Indiana.

Do the Bushwackers still wrestle?

ANSWER: No, but Bushwacker Luke Williams works in the front office for Puerto Rico's IWA promotion.

Can you provide any information on former Worlds Champion Pedro Morales? Where is he currently residing and how old is he?

ANSWER: Pedro Morales resides in New Jersey and is in his early 60s. After retiring, he was a color broadcaster on the Spanish broadcast feeds of WCW PPVs and I understand he still makes several trips annually to his home country of Puerto Rico.

I love your product and watch every Wednesday. I've been watching wrestling since the early 60s in Pittsburgh hosted by Bill Cardille. What memories ... a young Sammartino, Dominic DeNucci, Jumping Johnny Defazio, Baron Scicluna and Killer Kowalski. Lou Albano was in a tag team called The Sicilians, who was his partner? And who played the wrestler known as Batman?

ANSWER: The Sicilians were Albano and Tony Altamore, who recently passed away. Batman was Tony Marino.

Is Chase Stevens of "The Naturals" the same wrestler who teamed with Cassidy O'Reilly on previous TNA PPVs?

ANSWER: Yes, Stevens and Andy Douglas are "The Naturals" and Stevens and O'Reillly were "The Hotshots".

Whatever happened to Hugh Morrus?

ANSWER: Bill DeMott is employed by the WWE and has recently tried his hand at color commentary on Velocity.

How is Kevin Sullivan doing?

ANSWER: Sullivan still wrestles on occassion and is the owner/operator of a gym in the Florida Keys.

While browsing the satellite, I turned into "Friendly TV" (british channel) and caught the NWA/TNA Xplosion show. I have to admit it was really enjoyable, more than I had ever believed. I hope we'll see more of it in the future.

ANSWER: Keep watching TNA and enjoy the wrestling alternative!

Mike Tenay

[email protected]

So either they don't post any negative feedback, or people that mail in are blind marks with questions that either don't pertain to TNA, or aren't of any importance.

Guest JMA

Tenay comes off as genuinely nice guy. He also really knows his stuff. Kudos to "The Professor."

So either they don't post any negative feedback, or people that mail in are blind marks with questions that either don't pertain to TNA, or aren't of any importance.

Or they make up their own questions.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

I don't think theyr'e that desperate. Corey's probably right - it's self censorship, like when Excess (God, remember that) used to have a phone-in

Or they make up their own questions.

If that were the case you would see 0 WWE related questions. I was suprised he didn't badmouth them at all.