TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jester

Interesting comment from Bradshaw

http://www.wwe.com/news/commentary/bradshaw/1252260

"Al Franken did a wonderful job every night entertaining the troops, a first-class individual. It doesn’t hurt that he is extremely smart and very funny. Now, he would disagree with my assessment of Al Gore and Howard Dean, but that is what makes America great. People can disagree and still be Americans."

That thinking *really* comes across in WWE programming.

[recalls Steiner/Nowinski "debate"]

Guest JMA
You know, I'm really surprised those debates did not springboard a polictical career for the one they call "Freakzilla"....

Steiners aren't good at debates. Remember when Rick lost to Chucky (not Palumbo)?

You know, I'm really surprised those debates did not springboard a polictical career for the one they call "Freakzilla"....

Steiners aren't good at debates. Remember when Rick lost to Chucky (not Palumbo)?

Yeah, but I think everyone should realize how hard it is to make a valid point against a possesed doll, especially when it comes to promoting a cinematic classic, such as "Bride of Chucky".

My God, that's the best political statement to come out of the WWE in years

It's too bad Franken didn't shoot on Bradshaw.

Of course, Franken would had his asshole ripped apart (literally) by Bradshaw, but I would got a laugh out of it.

EDIT: Of course, now that I think about, if Franken could get the whole goatse.cx thing going, it would add another dynamic to his live act.

Franken: "Hey guys, check this out.."

Wow. Bradshaw really impressed me.

WOW.

I'm no Bradshaw fan, but it's kind of pitiful that THIS is what it takes for Bradshaw to impress you.

I would like to think it would have been because he actually has given / does give up his time to meet with and 'entertain' the troops, but hey, that's just me.

It's too bad Franken didn't shoot on Bradshaw.

What possible motivation would Franken have for 'shooting' on a pro wrestler? I thought liberals were supposed to be the fair & open-minded ones, respectful of other people's beliefs. Franken is better suited feuding with annoying conservative pundits.

Guest JMA
I'm no Bradshaw fan, but it's kind of pitiful that THIS is what it takes for Bradshaw to impress you.

I don't find it "pitiful" at all. And I stand by what I said.

What possible motivation would Franken have for 'shooting' on a pro wrestler?

A trophy.

Well, I clicked on the link expecting a warm, fuzzy Bradshaw.

Then I read the rest of what he had to say. Funny stuff...

"I just got back from Iraq, visiting our guys, who have done such an unbelievable job. Of course, I do plan to make one pit stop at the bar tonight with Darryl Worley and Soir to have a few adult libations, since Iraq was dry. Hopefully, Meredith Whitney from FOX News will be there; she’s a babe, by the way. Mark Wills might even be talked into a beer. If you haven’t gotten a chance to see one of these guys (Darryl or Mark) in concert, you need to go. They both are off the hook. Also, who would you rather support: the Dixie Chicks or two guys who love America? Darryl and Mark played to a standing ovation every night.

Poor Howard Dean, and poor, stupid Al Gore. Al Gore couldn’t pick a one-horse race; he sure picked the wrong horse in this one. Maybe together Dean and Gore could invent the Confederate Internet. Not as if George W. needed any help, but this just assured him of getting reelected.

As good a politician as Bill Clinton was, and he was great, Al Gore is just as bad. How can you lose an election as the incumbent when you have just had the greatest eight years of economic expansion in history? I will tell you how: He is a complete moron.

Joe Lieberman, in my opinion, is the most qualified Democratic candidate, and his buddy Al Gore just cut his legs out from under him. That tells you a lot about Al."

Guest PowerPB13

If Bradshaw is a prime example of a "great, patriotic American"...

...I'm moving to Canada as soon as I'm able to.

-Patrick

Guest Dynamite Kido

-Patrick

yep.....and I'm fuckin driving.

-Patrick

yep.....and I'm fuckin driving.

Hey don't forget me.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I also forgot. While we are up there lets go kick the living shit outta Teddy Hart.........

Guest MissMattitude

Yeah, but I think everyone should realize how hard it is to make a valid point against a possesed doll, especially when it comes to promoting a cinematic classic, such as "Bride of Chucky".

What happened here? I never watched WCW.

Is Bradshaw ever going to lay off the Dixie Chicks?

As soon as some other high-profile act criticizes Bush or the war.

Jane Fonda must be really grateful for the Dixie Chicks.

What happened here? I never watched WCW.

WCW had some deal to promote the movie Bride of Chucky, so they had the sound of mysterious laughter fill arenas for awhile. Then, during a Rick Steiner promo, the source of the laughter was revealed to be Chucky. Steiner challenged Chucky to come down to the ring.

This didn't go anywhere, because, well, Chucky was a puppet and couldn't wrestle a match. Well, actually Flair might have been able to carry him and probably has wrestled worse opponents than Chucky, but that's neither here nor there.

This moment was featured on Wrestlecrap.com.