TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skironox

Frozen Post count in HD

Guest Skironox

I just now noticed that post count has been frozen in hardcore discussion. When did this happen? Has it been this way for months or am I just a little slow in the intake here?

I assume this is because of the massive number of intellectual "posts" that folder is renowned for, but what does this really accomplish?

I just hope this doesn't mean everyone there migrates to General Chat.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

yeah this is stupid.

there are more DUMB posts in the WWE folder than in NHB

I'm all for abandonment of the post-count concept as a whole

So am I. But too many people whine and cry everytime it's brought up. So counts no longer increase in in the former NHB because of the myriad "+1" style posts in that folder. Maybe GC will be next.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I think post counts should decay exponentially, thus forcing people to post constantly, and not eat or clean themselves.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I like it.

I think freezing posts counts in NHB will only increase whoring in folders.

wouldn't it make more sense to have a rule about post length then to ruin the concept of post counts for those who don't do the "+1"ing?

I think freezing posts counts in NHB will only increase whoring in folders.

If that becomes a problem, those folders will not increase post counts, either. Eventually, that will open the door to removing post counts entirely. Whore at your own risk.

wouldn't it make more sense to have a rule about post length then to ruin the concept of post counts for those who don't do the "+1"ing?

Not everyone cares about their post count. Besides, it's ONE FOLDER.

Guest SP-1

That's not what I meant. You guys are doing what you think you need to do. That's fine. But once the hammer comes down, unless someone inadvertently saves the board or something, it's probably not going to be reversed.

No matter how stupid or insignificant the matter at hand is.

TSM's not the worst board ever. Nor is it the best. I disagree with how some things happen around here but I'm certainly not saying it's like a concentration camp. You guys are running it how you see fit. My post was saying that you guys do that and there's not much that's going to change that. It's a waste of time trying to do that here.

I still don't get this. If the mods don't like post counts, get rid of them. If this is done to decrease post whoring in HD, it just doesn't work like that. I don't think anybody in HD actually posts to increase their post count, and certainly more people do it in WWE. If you compare the number of posts made and the quality of them pre- and post- banning of post counts, they'd be pretty much the same.

In my view, I think they should stay. HD (and NHB before it) have evolved into a seperate type of folder to the rest of the board. It's much more of a community and most of the regular posters post there frequently. Having post counts at leasts makes it possible to see how long people have been around and how often they've posted. That doesn't affect the treatment of the poster, but it's nice to see as it lets you know a little bit more about them.

I still don't get this. If the mods don't like post counts, get rid of them. If this is done to decrease post whoring in HD, it just doesn't work like that. I don't think anybody in HD actually posts to increase their post count, and certainly more people do it in WWE. If you compare the number of posts made and the quality of them pre- and post- banning of post counts, they'd be pretty much the same.

In my view, I think they should stay. HD (and NHB before it) have evolved into a seperate type of folder to the rest of the board. It's much more of a community and most of the regular posters post there frequently. Having post counts at leasts makes it possible to see how long people have been around and how often they've posted. That doesn't affect the treatment of the poster, but it's nice to see as it lets you know a little bit more about them.

I've been here for 4 years...since the Rantsylvania days......my post count doesn't exactly reflect that.

I'm afraid it does.

Nearly 6000? Compared to CWM and Choken who have been around for nearly half the time I have with double the post count?

Sure if you counted up ALL of my posts from all the various incarnations of this board it may be staggering. But not that staggering.

OMG TEH MODZ R LIEK HITLER~!!!!11!!!!11!!!!1!!!

I guess this mean your are now Fuhrer DrTom.

*was going to post concentration camp pic here, but remembered what happened to Boo and decided to error on the side of caution...*

Guest FrigidSoul
OMG TEH MODZ R LIEK HITLER~!!!!11!!!!11!!!!1!!!

I guess this mean your are now Fuhrer DrTom.

*was going to post concentration camp pic here, but remembered what happened to Boo and decided to error on the side of caution...*

As long as there aren't aborted fetuses all over the camp I don't see what the problem is. They show much worse on the History Channel than what you could find for pics (I've seen footage of Germans executing the Polish, laughing, and then kicking them into ditches on the History Channel)

Better safe than sorry -- I had a few rather gruesome pics selected and was ready to hit the "submit" button when I realized some of them looked like Boo's fetuses, only thinner. If I'm going to get banned (or at least have the possibility of it happening) it's going to be in a blaze of glory, not over some inadvertent violation of the rules – I’m a law-and-order type of guy myself...

I still don't get this. If the mods don't like post counts, get rid of them.

I've tried fighting that battle. I even started a poll about it in GC several months back. The number of infants who whined, cried, and clung to their post count like it was the last pacifier in the galaxy was quite disheartening. We decided not to yank the post counts, since so many people obviously place value in a number which appears below their screen name on an internet message board. (Can you tell I think the concept of someone actually giving two pins about their post count is ridiculous? I mean, really... get some goddamn perspective.) It's something that's possible one of these days, but the recent decision was just to turn counts off in the former NHB.

Guest FrigidSoul

I wouldn't mind seeing the post count hidden but kept just so we can climb the ranks of the boards and one day proclaim we are #1. I'm not gonna be QBing any Super Bowls or throwing a Perfect Game in Game 7 of the World Series in my lifetime so damnit let me have my small ounce of attainable glory.

I'm not gonna be QBing any Super Bowls or throwing a Perfect Game in Game 7 of the World Series in my lifetime so damnit let me have my small ounce of attainable glory.

You're kidding, right? If not, that may well be the most pathetic thing I've read on this board.

Btw, on boards that don't display post counts, you can still find them by using the "My Assistant" or "Top [n] Posters" links.

Guest FrigidSoul

I'm sorry Tom, I don't have the arm or poise that you do...all I have is the ability to post and look at your avatar's jubblies

Guest JacK

If post counts are so unimportant how come you have to get like 100 before you can change the little custom memeber title? Or did it just take me a while to find the little place to enter it?