TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Annoyed Grunt

Image comics

Guest Annoyed Grunt

I was talking to a freind of mine about comics a little while ago and he asked me if Image was still around.  I've been out of the comic book loop for a little while now, so I didn't know the answer.  The last thing I heard was that Jim Lee sold his characters to DC.  I know Spawn is till being published and I've heard people talk about Savage Dragon, but that's all I really know.

So, is Image still around?  If so, who's still involved?  If not, what killed them off?

Guest gthureson

What happened to Image?

1) The age of comic speculation died.

2) People found out that they might be great artists, but they couldn't write worth crap.

3) A company run by creators/artists generally doesn't know how to handle the business end and actually make money at it, so Image might have sold well, but they were losing money.

4) The artists/creators themselves found that while they may have had their creative freedom, they were actually making less than they did than with the 'corporate bastards' except for McFarlane, who branched out into other things.

5) When people found out they couldn't write, and the fad with that style of art started slowing down, so did sales.

Just my opinions though.