TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ripper

Nba's mvp for 2001-2002

Guest alkeiper
Something is wrong, Kidd was robbed. The other day Kidd won the game for his team, while the 'MVP' was getting his junk swatted by Shaq and Samaki Walker.

I would guess that balloting takes place after the season and before the playoffs.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I guess triple-doubles and turning a lottery team into a number 1 seed doesn't mean shit these days.

Guest goodhelmet

I guess having the most double doubles (67), being 5th in scoring, 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in blocks, becoming only the 4th forward to have 2,000 points and 1000 rebounds in a season, winning the Midwest division, playing i na more difficult conference, and carrying the Spurs on his back counts for something after all. TiMVP!!!!!

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Well, this debate will probably keep going as long as both the Spurs and the Nets are in the playoff, I imagine...

As far as Kidd getting "robbed" since he "singlehandedly" carried his team this year, I just have to laugh out loud.

Most of the guys on the Nets were either injured most of the time(Martin, Kittles, Van Horn at times) or not there at all(Kidd), so while Kidd DID improve the team tenfold, if you threw him on last year's Net squad, they'd have STILL been a lottery team.

Personally, I think Duncan deserved this MVP because he WAS his team. Sure, Smith and Parker were there, but if Duncan wasn't around(like Game 4 against the Sonics), the Spurs would be approaching Chicago Bulls-level of suck.

In short, they chose Duncan, bitching about it now won't change that. Some people(not saying anyone on this board, though) need to use logic when thinking about this.