TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Monday Night Wars DVD Trailer

the thing is... if you hear what Ric says in that trailer...and then watch his Final Nitro speech... you get this "OMG WTF" feeling

Yeah, but remember, Ric went out there all those years saying "NWA is number one", and he was lying, he really just wanted to be in the WWF. So really it's not that surprising.

Why no love for the Magnificent 7? Sure, they all sucked HORRIBLY in the ring, but I really do honestly feel that 2001 WCW was better than the WWF at the time. Then again, that's because it wasn't all about HHH and Steve Austin left and right, but instead showing equal amounts of the Cruiserweights, tag teams, and main-eventers.

Guest Krazy Karter

Remember when Russo literally shut down the company for a few weeks in order to think up new storylines?

The result was the episode of Nitro where he stripped everyone of their titles. GREAT show.

But after that first week it went to shit.

Guest JMA
Remember when Russo literally shut down the company for a few weeks in order to think up new storylines?

The result was the episode of Nitro where he stripped everyone of their titles. GREAT show.

But after that first week it went to shit.

The sad thing is, that angle could've saved WCW. But the titles all went back on the wrong people.

Guest drdrainoscott

Ok, it is time for extra predictions. I'm gonna say that only five matches are allowed, based on previous releases. And, it would appear that the attitude era is allowed since the scratch logo is all over the Foley DVD. Here are my predictions:

Austin vs. McMahon (The non-match where Foley interferes, and was the first time Raw won the ratings)

Hogan vs. Goldberg

Austin vs. Undertaker (The highest rating ever for wrestling)

Booker vs. Bagwell (1st WCW match on Raw)

Sting vs. Flair (From the 1st Nitro)

Well, I picked all of those for historical signifance. I sure hope they put on some better matches then I chose, cause I definitly won't pick up a DVD with those extras.

Guest Krazy Karter

I'd guess the main feature will show footage of all the federation jumps, and the extras will have the highest rated matches along with the simulcast part of the final Nitro.

http://www.videodetective.com/home.asp?Pub...&Shorten=Falsew

Meh, I'll have to wati and see the matches. From the trailer it looks like another Vince Mcmahon produced revisionist history fluff piece.

I am having trouble seeing the trailer so can someone list what clips they show in the preview? Cause part of me is really really scared that they will pull a bait and switch and make the entire set be a "fuck you"/loving valentine recap of the entire Invasion angle complete with interviews between Austin, Vince, Steph, and Undertaker as they all circle jerk about how great the Invasion was and how they produced the "biggest and most successfull angle ever" with it as well as Austin getting blow jobs from everyone about how he saved the WCW and ECW guys and helped get them over (whcih he didn't and instead buried so far into the ground they never recovered) and how Kurt Angle was a talentless bitch who's unfit to tie Austin's boots.....

No, it looks like a recap of the real Monday Night War. The trailer shows all kinds of old Raw and Nitro clips, plus interview clips with Bischoff, Okerlund, Cornette, Brisco, etc.

No, it looks like a recap of the real Monday Night War. The trailer shows all kinds of old Raw and Nitro clips, plus interview clips with Bischoff, Okerlund, Cornette, Brisco, etc.

But what clips? Which ones in particular?

Guest Krazy Karter
No, it looks like a recap of the real Monday Night War.  The trailer shows all kinds of old Raw and Nitro clips, plus interview clips with Bischoff, Okerlund, Cornette, Brisco, etc.

But what clips? Which ones in particular?

Mostly stuff that's already been shown on Confidental.

The Flair clip where he says he "was hoping WCW would die" was on Confidential about a year ago.

My favorite part is while they are saying the "People who created it" they are showing a chunk of a Steve Lombardi interview...

I think this should be an interesting pick up, whether it be a fair or unfair perspective, depeding on the extras... but that has probably been said enough.