TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

Zach Gowen

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I also recall some people saying that AS and the others agreeing with him were full of shit, failing to see this cockiness and "natural heel" business.

Well, some people are complete morons. Around that very same time, Rudo et. al. were under fire for daring to question the signing of Ultimo Dragon, because WWE and Vince do not know how to use a cruiserweight properly (shocking, I know). And what happened? His stock dropped almost immediately after his debut and it was revealed that Vince wasn't even aware of the style of wrestling Ultimo does.

Vince: Hey, whos this Ultimo Dragon guy? I never heard of him is he any good?

Ross: Bah Gawd, yes, dammit! He's Good Boss!

Vince: So how big is he 6'6? 6'7?

Ross: Not exactly as big as a Goverment Mule!

Vince: what the hell does that mean? Oh forget it, just hire him and put him on Smackdown to see how good he is.

Guest Anglesault
Now is actually a pretty good time to bring him back.

Have Lesnar beat down Holly on Smackdown next week - have Gowen come down for the save (he wants revenge too for the broken leg). Holly gets up and says he doesn't need Zachs help. Zach wants the same thing Holly wants and they should work together. Gowen talks about being a fan of Holly's ever since the mid-90's when he was sparkplug. Holly says he is a loner and doesn't need some freaks help.

After Holly loses to Lesnar at RR, Gowen challenges him (Lesnar) on a Smackdown (2 weeks after Rumble). Gowen gets his ass kicked, Hardcore comes down and gets his ass kicked too. "In the back" they're both getting medical help and Gowen offers his hand to Holly, Holly refuses to shake it.

This starts the Holly/Gowen team (since Holly will be dead after RR and Gowen is better suited in a tag situation) where Gowen needs a partner (let's say, for a mini tag tournament), asks everyone in the back, everyone refuses, and Holly comes out to Zachs surprise. It's a pretty good concept and could work for a few months where Zach is the perfect face-in-peril and Hardcore is the hot tag.

Nah, I'm happy with him off TV