TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Are TNA fans...

All wrestling fans are marks. TNA's audience in Nashville are mostly "casual" fans since they comp nearly 70% of their tickets (but they have their vocal sections of internet fans), where just about all of their PPV audience are internet fans.

Smart marks.

Aside from the local Nashville crowd, I can say that rarely would anyone know of TNA if they weren't involved on the internet (the general gathering place of smart marks) in some way.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I would have to say that about 75% of the people actually at the events are marks. As far as the people ordering it on PPV, they are 99.9% smartmarks.

Guest Ghettoman

Well since they generally made themselves via internet, I'd be inclined to say smart mark, but anyone who gives a match that admittedly had a couple blown spots over **** can't be called smart.

How about not so smart marks?

Guest Coffey

I think I agree with Ghettoman. I would say that the majority of fans are "smart marks" except a lot of them seem delusional about the product. They are so desperate to find an alternative to WWE, that sometimes they see shit that simply just isn't there.

No, because the ECW fans of 1998 at least knew that the matches weren't the BEST matches, and they had a real reason to stand behind their company: ECW was an alternative to the still rather cartoonish WWF, and "our roster is mostly a bunch of has-been's" WCW. TNA is just like WWE, only with one less show, and lesser-known workers.

Guest MikeSC
And if you have never been to TotalNonStop, you do not know the half of it, Coffey.

The kids there are a hoot, aren't they? :)

-=Mike

Guest JacK

I dunno . . . I like TNA, but only because for some reason it's enjoyable to me, unlike WWE. What does that make me? Weird?

Guest Dynamite Kido
I dunno . . . I like TNA, but only because for some reason it's enjoyable to me, unlike WWE. What does that make me? Weird?

hey I enjoy TNA from time to time.....and yes we are both VERY weird.

The majority of the crowd (and I've been to dozens of TNA shows) are smart marks, at least by Nashville's standards anyway. Remember, this is a town and a territory that still has several fans here and there who REALLY think wrestling is 100% real. So I'd say that TNA drawing a watered-down version of an ECW crowd is quite a feat, comps or not.

And if you have never been to TotalNonStop, you do not know the half of it, Coffey.

The kids there are a hoot, aren't they? :)

-=Mike

Aside from ki and Novo, nobody really knows what the hell they're talking about. And Amdub (AMWRULES) is such a fucking mark for the promotion that he's too blind to realize its obvious, glaring faults.

The majority of the crowd (and I've been to dozens of TNA shows) are smart marks, at least by Nashville's standards anyway. Remember, this is a town and a territory that still has several fans here and there who REALLY think wrestling is 100% real. So I'd say that TNA drawing a watered-down version of an ECW crowd is quite a feat, comps or not.

How many people actually believe that wrestling is real nowadays?

You'd be surprised, Mole. When I went to the NECW show last Saturday in Framingham, a few people older than 40 were yelling at the referee post-match about some heel tactics the heels used to win the match. It's both refreshing, and also somewhat agonizing, that the older fans still hold onto kayfabe in the age of the internet.

Guest sean pyro
Smart marks. Who here would have even bothered ordering TNA had it not been for the internet?

Well.. I order my first TNA PPV blindy.

I stopped caring about Wrestling and I wasn't following the internet sites anymore at the time, I didn't know who the hell they were or who was on their program.

But it was only 10 bucks and I had nothing to do that day, lucky for me the one I order was the first 'Low KI vs Styles vs Lynn X-Division' match.

You'd be surprised, Mole. When I went to the NECW show last Saturday in Framingham, a few people older than 40 were yelling at the referee post-match about some heel tactics the heels used to win the match. It's both refreshing, and also somewhat agonizing, that the older fans still hold onto kayfabe in the age of the internet.

Wow, that is funny.

I think I would have made fun of them or something.

Guest Ghettoman

I would of went along with them, when I go to a live show, I act as if what I'm watching is real because it helps the show. It's not in a "omg that punch didn't connect WTF is going on here!?!!?!" way, but more like getting on heels and being all about the faces, heckling the ref.

I also ordered TNA blindly. I fucked up my computer trying to put in a slave hard drive and put wries in the wrong place so I ordered TNA cause I was looking around on the digital cable TV guide. Too bad my brother didn't set the VCR correctly and I had to go to driver's ed.