TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cartman

Two-Player Games

You gotta update me on BGDA2 when u get into it. I'm gonna go ahead and pick up BGDA tomorrow as i'm sure I can get my girl into that game.

Thank you ALL for suggestions, and keep em' comin' anyways :)

No problem at all... Interplay has a great site on BGDA2, which is JUST enough to whet your appetite... I'm down to six days now and I am chomping at the bit. If it gets pushed back again, I am not going to be happy.

BGDA was worth full price, but its a steal at $20 now.

Another suggestion (if you're old enough to remember the arcade experience; damn, am I showing my age, or what?) is to pick up Midway Arcade Classics. Even though I think that Williams Arcade Classics for the PS1 is a superior product, it was $20 that I don't regret spending, and you get more games out of the deal. Hell, ANYTHING that reminds me of my mall-rat, arcade-hanging, candy-shoplifting-for-sustenance days cannot be bad at all. ::chuckles::

On that tip, Konami Arcade Classics for the PS1 is another gem, if you can find it. I think I only paid $13 for that game, and the memories it brought back through the gameplay was worth it alone, never mind the true arcade translations. Heh, I guess that its an old-school day for me, since I'm touting it so much.

NBA Street Volume 1 is good, though I have to say that Volume 2 is better, in that its much easier to pick up and play, where you have to do a lot more thinking in Volume 1.

Oh, even though it has a two-player co-op mode, Return of the King is HARD. I thought The Two Towers was tough, but that was just training for the real experience.

Although, I must confess it's demoralizing to play, say, MK and get completely destroyed by a female stranger, then have a fatality performed on you.

In my defense, she was Asian. Take a look at the rankings charts for those fighting game tournaments--there's a large proportion of Asian dudes there.

Why would it be any more demoralizing to lose to a girl?

Japanese and Koreans may dominate most fighting games, but not MK. Chicago was the home of high level MK.

Koreans are better than the Japanese at Tekken too.

American owns MvsC2 and MK though! GO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's what always happens. Whenever Korean players come to America for Tekken tournaments they usually win too.

BUT...Ed Boon is from the US. So it all balances out.

ed.jpg

It's not a multiplayer game, but I'd actually recommend Ico as a game for both of you. It's an adventure/puzzle-solving game (think Prince of Persia without the testosterone) that you'll probably like for the gameplay, but she'll probably like for the non-violent content and the cute relationship between the main character and the girl.

In terms of multiplayer games, I'd second the recommendations for the Hot Shots Golf series and Dance Dance Revolution.

Also, if it has the same two-player options of its predecessors, you might check out Final Fantasy X-2. Some of the Final Fantasies have an option in the configuration settings where you can set certain characters to be controlled by different controllers.

Although, I must confess it's demoralizing to play, say, MK and get completely destroyed by a female stranger, then have a fatality performed on you.

In my defense, she was Asian.  Take a look at the rankings charts for those fighting game tournaments--there's a large proportion of Asian dudes there.

Why would it be any more demoralizing to lose to a girl?

Maybe because in the mid-90s hearing of females who played fighting games was virtually unheard of--let alone being any good at them.

Hell, it's not exactly common today either.

Japanese and Koreans may dominate most fighting games, but not MK. Chicago was the home of high level MK.

How many of those players are female? :P

Meh the best active SC2 player in Pennsylvania is a girl. What difference does it make? As long as you're losing to a good player, it shouldn't matter if they're a girl or not.

And US is probably the best country at SC2, us or France, we'll know after worlds in three weeks. Asia doesn't really play though. Shrug.

Yeah, if they're good they're good. Andrew must be SEXIST~!

I heard about a really young French girl winning a major SC II tourney. What's the story with that?

Yeah, Kayane is a thirteen year old French girl that's probably the best Talim player in the world, and the second best player in France. Dan the Nightmare is probably the most famous SC player in the world and dominated SC1 to near Justin Wong levels, but Kayane beats him as often as not in French tourneys. Pretty amazing. I was terrible at everything when I was that age.

That's awesome. I cannot imagine a kid being so good. It's especially funny it's a girl.