TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

WWE in the know...

Well, whatever dude. I'm not gonna sit here and fucking argue about why you think Coach isn't a wrestling fan. Why don't you write the guy a fucking letter and ask him, then tell us what he says? Okay? Thanks. Bye.

aka "You Win."

Dude, just because he PLAYED basketball doesn't mean he has no wrestling knowledge...

Have you ever listened to the man commentate?

Yes, I have. I wasn't talking about that. I'm saying that just because they hired a person who played basketball, doesn't mean they have no prior wrestling knowledge. I played soccer. I know a helluva a lot about wrestling.

Besides, isn't it Vince [and when he was off RAW for a bit, JR] feeding Coach his lines from the back...?

Well like it's been said both Cole and Coach were not fans of wrestling at all when they were hired. And JR hired both of them so he could keep his job nice and safe. And like I said I'm shocked Josh Matthews did get hired.

And look at it this way would the NBA or NFL hire someone to commentate their sports if they didn't know a damn thing about them in the first place? No and neither should the WWE.

One of the problems with the Coach (I'm shooting fish in a barrel here) is that they are grooming him to be a play-by-play guy, but he's also a heel. Any good announce team I can remember always had a "play-it-fair" face-type of play-by-play, while the color commentator was the heel that stirred the pot. I just don't think it works the other way around.

And to make matters worse, it's not even like he's a GOOD heel play-by-play guy. I mean, if he could just come in and be like "That's a northern lights suplex... You know, JR, a WRESTLING MOVE that is actually going on in the ring right now," then I think he'd gain a lot more acceptance.